Alex Jones vs Piers Morgan

Mac. It's not that I think he's the good spokesman for gun rights, but that he stood up for it. ...

The idea is to win.

You don't do that by using a How  to Lose Friends and Alienate People tactic.

"Gun Appreciation Day" is another bonehead move, on MLK Day long weekend. You know, Martin Luther King. Who was killed. With a rifle.  And day before re-inauguration of our first black president. You'll scream PC foul, but that's nonetheless begging to draw unpleasant battle lines by association.

Larry Ward, the organizer, was on MSNBC today. While not frothing at the mouth like Jones, he was totally unprepared and impotent. Looked like an ignorant doofus. He couldn't get an free internship in the worst PR agency in the country. Lapierre ain't exactly charismatic either, for that matter.

2A advocates are killing themselves PR wise -- we don't really need an opponent. What's next, trot out toothless drooling hillbillies as symbol of gun rights? Might as well.

- OS

Guest bkelm18
Like it or not, this battle is going to be a battle of public perception. Writing our legislatures will only go so far if the general public thinks us all bat shit crazy.

The idea is to win.

"Gun Appreciation Day" is another bonehead move, on MLK Day long weekend. You know, Martin Luther King. Who was killed. With a rifle.  And day before re-inauguration of our first black president. You'll scream PC foul, but that's nonetheless begging to draw unpleasant battle lines by association.

Larry Ward, the organizer, was on MSNBC today. While not frothing at the mouth like Jones, he was totally unprepared and impotent. Looked like an ignorant doofus. He couldn't get an free internship in the worst PR agency in the country. Lapierre ain't exactly charismatic either, for that matter.

2A advocates are killing themselves PR wise -- we don't really need an opponent. What's next, trot out toothless drooling hillbillies as symbol of gun rights? Might as well.

- OS

Yep. Wayne is in serious need of a trip through charm school.

Edited by mikegideon

The idea is to win.

- OS

2A advocates are their own worst enemy. 

I would not be surprised at all to see the race card played considering the scheduling of "Gun Appreciation Day"

HAHAHA LMFAO I almost Sharted on myself when he started mimicking his british accent

Yeah, a real riot.

How many points did we lose on the private polls that will determine how the senators/reps will "vote their conscience" by this buffoon?

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
Guest 6.8 AR

HAHAHA LMFAO I almost Sharted on myself when he started mimicking his british accent

That was about where he could have stopped himself from the embarrassment. The Brit had that planned knowing he would get worked up.

He still stood up to him. I doubt it will affect any polling. It was, after all on MSNBC. Piers probably got a boost of one person on the ratings,

just for one day.

You don't win a race by holding down the gas wide open and just hope you make it around the turns, which is exactly what that guy was doing last night, braking and steering are as important. He did a fine job in the beginning of maintaining control of the discussion, but then kept turning it up a notch even though he was in control. Then when Morgan opened up that trap door (that everyone could see a mile a way) Jones jumped in it willing, screaming on his way down.

A perfect example Josh Boston:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOjI6laKGYU

That guy embarrassed the CNN anchor and he did it in a way that will get much more attention (and deservingly so) than the Jones rant.

Regarding gun registration:

REPORTER: "THE LAW IS THE LAW".

JOSHUA BOSTON: "UNCONSTITUTIONAL LAWS AREN'T LAWS".

The reporter really made me angry when she laughed at that.  The Liberal trash wants to act like they support the veterans, but when a veteran supports the Constitution they laugh at him, OPENLY.  This crap is really starting to piss me off.

Guest Lester Weevils

Dunno. The whole show didn't bug me much. Just another TV circus. Ya'll scandalized he got "sucked into" 9/11 conspiracy rant, I expected it to go on for half the interview or whatever, but it was in and out of 9/11 conspiracy within a minute. People don't pay that close attention, and what is Piers audience anyway? A few hundred thousand? 300 million population in USA, typical sampling of even WELL-SAMPLED surveys often less than 1000. Even if a million people watched the interview, in a sample of 1000, only a max of 3 respondents in the sample would be expected to have even seen the show? More likely 1 or 2 respondents in such a sample. Even if it shifted opinion of three whole respondents, it would move the poll result a whopping total of 0.3 percent. But more than likely not move the poll at all, because people watching Piers are most likely to be so anti-gun that not even Jesus himself could get them to change their minds?

....and what is Piers audience anyway? A few hundred thousand? 300 million population in USA, typical sampling of even WELL-SAMPLED surveys often less than 1000. Even if a million people watched the interview, in a sample of 1000, only a max of 3 respondents in the sample would be expected to have even seen the show?...

Viral media, it's getting plenty of mileage everywhere. Just the one "1776" quote is all it takes to stick in the mind.

The pol's own private polling of their districts is how they'll vote. We just don't know the degree to which one flap moves those. Seems quite obvious that any effect would be negative.

- OS

Guest 6.8 AR

The idea is to win.

- OS

I'm not disagreeing with you, Mac, but I don't care any more about perception when we are faced with a threat on this issue

and someone else controls the format for exposure. Very few people are able to get a word in edgewise with these clowns(thugs)

and it ain't gonna get any better until we have the perfect stage set up for the perfect debate with the perfect spokesman, if he

even exists. I have given up on the PR end of things. Our politicians need to be threatened on this issue.

I remember hearing this same type of criticism of Clint Eastwood at the Republican convention. Damn! Is everyone a moron?

I'll readily agree Jones said some very dumb things, but I don't hear anyone else doing any talking. I doubt they will, either. The

time for this is not for debate any more. I'm convinced there will not be anything positive happening in this area until this country

comes crashing down, as I fully expect it to now.

Another thing. We are perhaps the only part of his audience, whatever that is, who actually watched the entire segment. What's

the average attention span of an audience? Five minutes?

Go find a spokesman, train him properly, groom him properly, prepare him for a debate. The results would be the same or worse.

It's the way the media set the game up on him, knowing it would happen. Another spokesman wouldn't even get a word in. Maybe

Ted Nugent, but he ain't universally accepted, either.

That was about where he could have stopped himself from the embarrassment. The Brit had that planned knowing he would get worked up.

He still stood up to him. I doubt it will affect any polling. It was, after all on MSNBC. Piers probably got a boost of one person on the ratings,

just for one day.

It was on CNN, though MSNBC has gotten just as much mileage from it.

CNN and MSNBC combined out-share FOX. However biased you may claim CNN is compared to FOX, they are practically John Birchers compared to MSNBC, and there are plenty of folks of consider themselves "independents" that prefer CNN to all others.

Point is though, these are just the kind of things that do influence opinion polls. Put it this way, have you seen anything on any network that is likely to affect polling more than AJ's appearance?

And by the way, Rachel Maddow has been beating Sean Hannity some lately. If that ain't scary, I don't know what is.

- OS

Guest 6.8 AR

CNN, sorry about that. Rachel Maddow beating Sean Hannity? Was that when he had guest hosts on? Not that I would

know, but that trend can't last. She isn't going to beat Elmer Fudd for any length of time.

CNN, sorry about that. Rachel Maddow beating Sean Hannity? Was that when he had guest hosts on? Not that I would

know, but that trend can't last. She isn't going to beat Elmer Fudd for any length of time.

Bore down through all this if you have the patience, especially the individual prime time shows. You'll see that MSNBC is consistently second and sometimes first per age group on any given time slot.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/category/cable-news/

Regardless of how you may feel personally, CNN is much more the middle ground compared to the other two,  and sucking. Indicative of the polarization nowadays in general. IMO, the country has not been this divided since 1865.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

This addresses the Jones fiasco perfectly (read the full article, it's very well written):

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/01/robert-farago/post-alex-jones-memo-to-gun-rights-advocates-revolution-is-a-trap/#more-186633

However, as we are currently poised, a situation is being set up to justify gun confiscation by allowing the armed portion of our Republic to prematurely pick a fight over a possible gun ban [which at this point, hasn't even been introduced to Congress]. You have no idea how utterly well-prepared that these globalist forces are, when it comes to dealing with such a matter. They’ve been waiting for almost 100 years. In fact; they want it to happen.

This is a trap that must be avoided.

Bullies can threaten alot of things, whether or not they have the balls to take action is another issue altogether. Stated again, don’t believe the hype and fall for the trap. Revolutions are violent and their outcomes are uncertain. What lies at the end may not be the liberty that most of us so vehemently desire.

Prepare, plan and be vigilant – however, make no move that would jeopardize the stability of the Republic. I’m utterly convinced that many Americans are not prepared to endure a premature revolution given the current economic situation. Time has to be bought through patience and endurance.

We, as individuals, must make time and hold the voices calling for revolution at bay. For once America falls, be it by executive order of martial law or through an ill planned armed revolution, it will fall forever.

• Like 1

I have listened to Alex many times . He is best in small doses . He does get excited , and from what I have heard think he is right most of the time. I am not saying he done a good job of representing us. I think he has so much info and is trying to get it out in the little time he has.

As for the  Piers interviews ,Jesse did the best with Ted in at second. To me I think I would like to see Chuck Woolery on his show. Chuck does a very good video on You Tube .

But keep in mind that Alex has a ton of listeners . We need everyone to stand together including him and his listeners. Everyone appeals to a different crowd.

I am a semi tin hat person myself. I don't believe the Government ever tells us the whole truth . I can't buy the majic bullet of 1963 or anything that has happened since .  As for 9-11 , it is hard for me to believe that one of the hijackers passport survived and landed on the ground at ground zero . Another highjackers , plastic I D card was at the Pentigon and also survived the crash . Building 7 just falls in its tracks from a fire .  But that is what we are told  .

The story changes to much from start to finish. I am NOT saying the Government did it , I am saying that the evidence never adds up to me. Maybe they think we can't handle the truth. But by the Government trying to tell us this kind of bull and expecting us to believe it is what starts all the conspirac theories to start with .

It could have been better but I always heard bad publicity was better than no publicity .

I forgot to mention that the TSA also detained him at the airport for refusing to remove his shoes in Texas . He probably wasn't in the best of moods from that . Not that that changes anything . Just the bear had already been poked before he ever got to the show.

I wonder if Piers had him singled out on purpose ? Where is my tin hat ? The wife has hid it again .

This is now the top story on Yahoo.  Awesome.  "Gun advocate has tirade on Poose Morgan." 

You know, sometimes my 3 year old will have a tantrum about something that he is in the right about.  Currently his younger sibling is learning how to take things from him and break them, and he knows that he isn't allowed to hit her or be mean.  So instead, he will throw a loud tantrum and carry on.  While he is right to be upset about the situation, none of that matters since he decided to act like a lunatic about it rather than controlling his emotions.  So you see, the point of rightousness is lost on account of a childish tantrum. 

Besides, if a mental patient escaped from a looney bin, then claimed that the sky was blue, I'd be inclined to agree with him, but it doesn't change the fact that he's crazy and it doesn't make him a damn meteorologist.

I didn't watch the video. Don't need to since I am familiar with Morgan and Alex jones I have a good idea how it went.We don't need lunatics speaking for us, but if we continue to "be nice" and  don't stand up for our rights, we are going to wake up and find them gone. SOON.  The left is not going to play nice. They will lie, cheat, manipulate, bully or whatever it takes to sway opinion and get their way. Just calling our representatives is not going to cut it. 95% of them don't give a rat's rear end what the people want. Gun rights needs loud and aggressive leaders and some kind of show of numbers by peaceful demonstrations. Our time is short.

• Like 1

Being firm about the issue does not automatically preclude the possibility of being polite.  What we need is sane and rational spokespeople that are clear, concise, and back up their rhetoric with data.  Raving tinfoil hat loons like Alex Jones do us more harm than good.  All that we can hope is that most of the fence-sitters out there recognize that Jones is a nut and don't make him the representative for the entire 2nd Amendment movement.  I have strongly been considering writing an op-ed, but don't know where to try and publish it. 

Incidentally, I sent an email in my official capacity to the journalist who participates on TGO periodically asking for information on gun issues and offered to help him with any research, but I have yet to receive a reply.  I contacted a syndicated talk radio host I knew in Florida offering to be a guest and/or help him collect data on gun crime, but have yet to receive a reply.  I contacted my state senator offering to help collect data or provide insight on policy ideas, but have yet to receive a reply.  I would think that at least one person in the pro-2nd Amendment movement would be interested in at least discussing the issue with a criminologist and former law enforcement officer who offers to discuss gun crime and gun control policy.  I am beginning to think that people don't really want to know what the research says, but would rather rely on anecdotal evidence and emotion on this issue, regardless of their stance on the issue.  I find that very troubling.

Edited by East_TN_Patriot
Guest josie22412

I'm just curious what everyone thought about Alex Jones on Piers Morgan the other night. It seems to be getting a lot of publicity around the web and I thought it would be a good topic for discussion here on TGO. Did he take it a little too far? Do you think he made a fool of himself? Here is a link to the "interview" in case you have not seen it 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtyKofFih8Y

Edited by josie22412

Being firm about the issue does not automatically preclude the possibility of being polite.  What we need is sane and rational spokespeople that are clear, concise, and back up their rhetoric with data.  Raving tinfoil hat loons like Alex Jones do us more harm than good.  All that we can hope is that most of the fence-sitters out there recognize that Jones is a nut and don't make him the representative for the entire 2nd Amendment movement.  I have strongly been considering writing an op-ed, but don't know where to try and publish it. 

Incidentally, I sent an email in my official capacity to the journalist who participates on TGO periodically asking for information on gun issues and offered to help him with any research, but I have yet to receive a reply.  I contacted a syndicated talk radio host I knew in Florida offering to be a guest and/or help him collect data on gun crime, but have yet to receive a reply.  I contacted my state senator offering to help collect data or provide insight on policy ideas, but have yet to receive a reply.  I would think that at least one person in the pro-2nd Amendment movement would be interested in at least discussing the issue with a criminologist and former law enforcement officer who offers to discuss gun crime and gun control policy.  I am beginning to think that people don't really want to know what the research says, but would rather rely on anecdotal evidence and emotion on this issue, regardless of their stance on the issue.  I find that very troubling.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=OEeuMjG-94A

• Like 1