State suspends gun carry permit for James Yeager

The real issue is, whomever approved this at TDOS needs to loose their job.  

For acting on what could be a credible threat? They should get a letter of commendation for stepping up and doing their job without weeks of hand wringing.

I don’t know Yeager, and don’t really care to, but even he said what he did was stupid. He realized that with an hour of posting the video. The system worked the way it should; he made a threat to start shooting people (killing people if my memory serves me right) and they pulled his privilege until he had a hearing. A Judge (or whoever oversees the hearings) decided he was not a threat and gave him his privileges back.

Was it expensive for him? I’m sure if he didn’t have people sending him donations it was; being stupid can sometimes be expensive.

• Like 1

Go back and watch the video again. I don't think he threatened to kill anyone, especially specifically. But I

guess it depends on what you want t o call a threat. Being ready to and saying you are going to are two

different things.]

God, I love the internet.

BTW, I had lunch with a feller, yesterday, who gave me the scoop on the hearing. I'm going to take

him at what he said. He's one of the fellers at Tactical Response. We had a common friend who I

usually go to Camden to dine with. He joined us yesterday for lunch. We talked a lot about this

subject.

Now I know there are people on here who don't like Yeager. I don't care one way or another about

who you like or don't, but get it right and leave the supposition out of it, please. I've never met

Yeager, but I imagine I will soon. Probably have lunch with him, also, then I may even sign up for

the fighting pistol course, don't know, yet. My right arm will determine that. But like David said, I

wasn't in that firefight so I can't quarterback that event in his life. Don't know, don't care. I usually

size people up when I meet them, anyway, not from gossip on a forum. His videos are intentionally

made. We know that, so like him or not, he is who he is! I do know his partner was very frank in his

discussion of Yeager.

He got his permit back because the state had no grounds to take it, in the first place, according

to what I heard about the hearing.

Y'all just need a whipping boy. Mine is Obama and other Democrats.

"If it goes one inch further, I'm going to start killing people." Those were his exact words.

First of all, my issue isn't him at all. My issue is with the way in which the State of Tennessee appears to make such decisions based on whichever way the wind happens to be blowing.

I'm not saying he should not get his HCP back, but we've seen others lose their HCP for far less, and not get them back. David Sarti from Lebanon comes to mind. As far as I know, he is still HCP-less.

Guest 6.8 AR

"If". Now that's a credible threat. He didn't specify which or any specific "people" did he?

He's not a friend of mine and some of his videos are tasteless, to me, also, but I don't think he

did anything more than a lot of others have done in the past, just put it in the video format. I

believe speech is still free, and until he specifies more of a threat than a generic dramatic

Yeager-esque video, you could do more to find more harsh examples of political speech, which

is what his is, just like a politician like Diane Feinstein in front of a camera lying to the public

about "assault weapons" and supposed statistics. You may not see it that way, but you might

consider looking at it that way instead of getting hung up on the wrong identification of rhetoric.

It so happens that your response is just as emotional as the person who decided to pull his permit,

from the story I was told by the man who was sitting in the hearing when he was vindicated. That's

why I am so glad we don't live in a true democracy. Opinions are just fine. Think about them

before you consider if it is a bona fide threat or not. If it was, he wouldn't have gotten his permit

back. He did.

If you still consider this a bona fide threat, you might start looking into all the threats little liberal

commies made against folks like Sarah Palin and many other noteworthy Republicans. There have

been vicious threats made against them, and I don't see an outpouring of people demanding them

to be punished. If we continue down this path of emotion and put so much importance of one man's

words to be used against him, we are part of this sick society, and should be ashamed. There is a

humor factor in what people say, and sometimes is distasteful, but that doesn't make it illegal.

We shouldn't even have the permit process, in the first place. Laws shouldn't be based on emotions,

and if you wish to take one man's rhetoric and chastise him, well, then send the thought police to

my house, too.

Edited by 6.8 AR

I'm not saying he should not get his HCP back, but we've seen others lose their HCP for far less, and not get them back. David Sarti from Lebanon comes to mind. As far as I know, he is still HCP-less.

How about synopsis regarding that? First time I've ever heard the name.

- OS

If one wanted to go back and count I would suggest that they would find many hundreds of posts that in one way or another, complain about the fact that in Tennessee, we have to pay a fee and get "permission" to exercise our RIGHT to bear arms. I understand why that bothers people...it bothers me.

However, it seems there are more than a few who are willing to stand up for that same process they love to hate when it takes a person's permission away just because of something he said.

I wonder...if we believe that we shouldn't have to have "the system" in place to grant us permission in the first place shouldn't we be equally opposed to that system when it revokes an HCP without any due process beforehand?

Perhaps it's just a reflection of society today that we would think what the state did was a good thing.  I remember when I would go hunting either before or after school and have my shotgun in the trunk of my car...I remember when no one had to lock their guns in their safes; they were out...often loaded and kids didn't go around shooting each other or shoot up their schools.  No we expel a kid if he eats the edges of his cookie until it resembles a pistol or he draws a picture of a pistol.

I remember a time when we didn't take away a person's right(s) unless he actually DID (not just said) something to justify it and then only with due process...I guess we can't wait that long anymore...now we take the right away and make the man prove he is worthy of having his rights.

Maybe that doesn't bother anyone but me.  :-\

• Like 3

- OS

He was the one featured on Doomsday Preppers. He went to see a cardiologist for chest pains*. That Dr. had him sent to the psych-ward for reasons that I don't know. He was then deemed mentally incompetent and had all of his firearms seized and his HCP revoked.

There doesn't seem to be anything on these here Interwebz from his accusers, what with HIPAA making that more or less impossible. I don't know one way or the other if he's mentally competent and got screwed by a bed-wetting doctor who doesn't understand prepping, or if he's a class-A loon and the doctor and state acted appropriately. We'll probably never know the truth.

*That, boys & girls, is why you NEVER talk about fight club

Edited by monkeylizard
Guest 6.8 AR

He was the one featured on Doomsday Preppers. He went to see a cardiologist for chest pains*. That Dr. had him sent to the psych-ward for reasons that I don't know. He was then deemed mentally incompetent and had all of his firearms seized and his HCP revoked.

There doesn't seem to be anything on these here Interwebz from his accusers, what with HIPAA making that more or less impossible. I don't know one way or the other if he's mentally competent and got screwed by a bed-wetting doctor who doesn't understand prepping, or if he's a class-A loon and the doctor and state acted appropriately. We'll probably never know the truth.

*That, boys & girls, is why you NEVER talk about fight club

You jogged my memory, thanks. :D

He was the one who was raped and pillaged by the cardiologist from St.Thomas Hospital, or MTMC. He(the doc) even

got a lot of nurses pissed off about that one. I hope he got his guns back, and his permit.

You jogged my memory, thanks. :D

He was the one who was raped and pillaged by the cardiologist from St.Thomas Hospital, or MTMC. He(the doc) even

got a lot of nurses pissed off about that one. I hope he got his guns back, and his permit.

It's been well over a year now, and as of 2 weeks ago, he still has not received his HCP, nor is he allowed to own firearms.

In all these cases mentioned the folks in question went out of their way to act like lunatics for attention and it ended badly. Perhaps there is a moral to the story, I dunno.

I don't know if I'd use the term "deserve" in a judicious sense in regard to them losing their HCPs. Kinda like a person that decides to live with grizzly bears in the wild and ends up being eaten by his cuddly forest friends. Perhaps being mauled to death isn't a deserving punishment for stupidity, but it certainly is likely outcome that should have been considered by the party involved, plus it's somewhat poetic.

Am I a bad person for being amused by the dumb stuff people bring on themselves? Probably. But what has two thumbs and didn't have to drop several grand to get his HCP back? This guy (points at self with both thumbs). Edited by TMF
  • Like 1

But you don't use the strong arm of the law to fight stupidity. Where would it end?

No, you're right. But I also have no expectation that grizzly bears will take care of the hippie problem, it just happens sometimes. I'm not connected enough to know what went into the process of pulling his permit. I think at some point I even predicted he would get it back. But the humor here is simply that bad stuff happens to dumb folks. Right/wrong? Not at all part of my chuckle.

No, you're right. But I also have no expectation that grizzly bears will take care of the hippie problem, it just happens sometimes. I'm not connected enough to know what went into the process of pulling his permit. I think at some point I even predicted he would get it back. But the humor here is simply that bad stuff happens to dumb folks. Right/wrong? Not at all part of my chuckle.

The smart ones don't talk, they do. 

.....I wonder...if we believe that we shouldn't have to have "the system" in place to grant us permission in the first place shouldn't we be equally opposed to that system when it revokes an HCP without any due process beforehand?

Yep, and there's a further irony involved there also. If we had constitutional permit-less carry in this state, Kwik's carry rights couldn't have been taken away, sans being convicted of something that would negate it under state law. And of course he was never even charged with a criminal offense, much less convicted of one.

- OS

• Like 2

It's been well over a year now, and as of 2 weeks ago, he still has not received his HCP, nor is he allowed to own firearms.

I could be wrong, but if I remember correctly Sarti had no guns seized, and is not banned from owning guns.  He did have his HCP suspended because of a psych evaluation; but we have no information on that other than what came from him.

I watched Sarti’s videos. I watched him wave a gun around and ramble non-sense and I watched the video where he carried on about how you need to be prepared to kill children. He is a nut case.

I’m not concerned about people like Sarti, Yeager, or Kwick losing their HCP’s. They were all attention seekers; they got what they wanted. Of course we are left to try to explain their stupid antics when people bring it up.

When Sandy Hook occurred many of us were saying it wasn’t a gun issue, it’s a mental health issue; nut cases shouldn’t have access to guns. Then when people with mental issues get nailed, some get on here and start whining its gun control. That’s ridiculous.

Someone that makes a video threating to kill people should not have an HCP. A Judge disagrees with me and that fine. Judges let people go all the time; but to say he was vindicated is not accurate. The state acted swiftly and did what they could; good for them.

• Like 2
Guest 6.8 AR

And we still have a hippie problem. Part of this is rather funny, though, but the ones who actually think it was a

serious threat of some kind, should probably pause and reflect for a moment what they are suggesting. It's right like science fiction movie.

Tell your wife we have to go shooting again! Soon. :D Had a good time.

Edited by 6.8 AR

In all these cases mentioned the folks in question went out of their way to act like lunatics for attention and it ended badly. Perhaps there is a moral to the story, I dunno.

I don't know if I'd use the term "deserve" in a judicious sense in regard to them losing their HCPs. Kinda like a person that decides to live with grizzly bears in the wild and ends up being eaten by his cuddly forest friends. Perhaps being mauled to death isn't a deserving punishment for stupidity, but it certainly is likely outcome that should have been considered by the party involved, plus it's somewhat poetic.

Am I a bad person for being amused by the dumb stuff people bring on themselves? Probably. But what has two thumbs and didn't have to drop several grand to get his HCP back? This guy (points at self with both thumbs).

I'd been avoiding this thread simply because ... well, it's Yeager.  Again.  I liken him to Kim Jong Un... he just needs to crawl back in his hole and hush.  But this post made the 90 seconds I spent reading the new posts worthwhile.  I needed a laugh this morning.... :rofl:

bob_kelso.png

I could be wrong, but if I remember correctly Sarti had no guns seized, and is not banned from owning guns.  He did have his HCP suspended because of a psych evaluation; but we have no information on that other than what came from him.

I watched Sarti’s videos. I watched him wave a gun around and ramble non-sense and I watched the video where he carried on about how you need to be prepared to kill children. He is a nut case.

I’m not concerned about people like Sarti, Yeager, or Kwick losing their HCP’s. They were all attention seekers; they got what they wanted. Of course we are left to try to explain their stupid antics when people bring it up.

When Sandy Hook occurred many of us were saying it wasn’t a gun issue, it’s a mental health issue; nut cases shouldn’t have access to guns. Then when people with mental issues get nailed, some get on here and start whining its gun control. That’s ridiculous.

Someone that makes a video threating to kill people should not have an HCP. A Judge disagrees with me and that fine. Judges let people go all the time; but to say he was vindicated is not accurate. The state acted swiftly and did what they could; good for them.

I just re-watched several of his videos last night, including a couple where he waived a piece of paper in front of the camera and said he was on a federal "no firearms list".

He then began waiving several guns in front of the camera while saying "they didn't take my guns, because I don't own any guns." Shortly after than, he quit showing any guns in his videos.

Kwik was a complete idiot in regards to the legal system, and didn't challenge the suspension on the grounds he wasn't a threat, but on the grounds that certain parts of the permit law were unconstitutional.

A smart person/lawyer would have at the very least challenged it on both :)

Why is he allowed to have his HCP reinstated, but Kwik isn't.

I'm not a fan of Kwik, but he didn't break any laws, and I think Yeager openly threatening to kill people was more sever.

If nothing else, this sets precedence. It's okay to threaten to kill people without losing your HCP.

What credible threat?  Clearly TDOS loss that point in court... Nobody on this forum has made the argument that he made a direct threat or really posed a serious threat to the public.  I'm personally not a Yeager fan, but it's clear TDOS over reached, yet nobody has to pay for that overreach.

I know nobody wants to hold "public servants" accountable on here... but we should.  And in cases like this that accountability should be steep.

For acting on what could be a credible threat? They should get a letter of commendation for stepping up and doing their job without weeks of hand wringing.

I don’t know Yeager, and don’t really care to, but even he said what he did was stupid. He realized that with an hour of posting the video. The system worked the way it should; he made a threat to start shooting people (killing people if my memory serves me right) and they pulled his privilege until he had a hearing. A Judge (or whoever oversees the hearings) decided he was not a threat and gave him his privileges back.

Was it expensive for him? I’m sure if he didn’t have people sending him donations it was; being stupid can sometimes be expensive.

• Like 2

He was involuntarily committed to a mental health facility, in which case TDOS had no discretion in the matter, by law they are required to suspend his permit.  Unlike the Yeager case which was 100% discretion.

We need to make changes to the law to prevent ex parte commitments to count against gun rights.

- OS