Hello from Brentwood, need range suggestions!

Guest ShoreZ11759

Guest ShoreZ11759

Hi everyone,

I just moved into town and I'm looking for suggestions of where to go to shoot shotgun (preferably a bring your own gun and clay field ), handgun, and rifle.

I currently have a Beretta 92 9mm, Browning Buckmark and a Browning Silver 12ga. 

I'm looking to pick up a SCAR 16s FDE as well, if anyone knows where I can get one at the ~$2400 price, that would also be appreciated!

Thanks!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, Shore.  The best option I've found is the Charlie Haffner Memorial Range (CHMR) south of Franklin.  There's a couple of clay target shooting places in Nashville and a few other indoor ranges, but they're much more limited.  

[quote name="wipfel" post="891841" timestamp="1358792469"]Hey, Shore.  The best option I've found is the Charlie Haffner Memorial Range (CHMR) south of Franklin.  There's a couple of clay target shooting places in Nashville and a few other indoor ranges, but they're much more limited.  [/quote] This ^^^ Love this range!

Hey, Shore.  The best option I've found is the Charlie Haffner Memorial Range (CHMR) south of Franklin.  There's a couple of clay target shooting places in Nashville and a few other indoor ranges, but they're much more limited.  

If I had too shoot on a public range this would be the place :up:  :up: oh and welcome

Edited by NRA
Guest ShoreZ11759

Thanks for the replies, i want down to Charlie's to check it out today and everything looked pretty good and safe, Charlie was also very friendly.

The range fee is $60 for the year which is $5 a month...it really can't be beat. There were guys shooting clay at the house up the hill and there is apparently another field to go shoot clay, although the path there is under water. It will re-open when the waters subside.

Now the challenge is find ammo and the SCAR. I kept a good supply until I moved to lighten the load. Shotgun ammo seems easy to get although not in the discounts I was getting before, handgun is impossible. Hopefully it cools down after the political dog and pony show is over.

Yep, if ya keep them low on the berm. LOL

:biglol:

Yeah, that's kinda what I was getting at.

I know they do clays at that place off Briley Parkway, but I don't know the name of it or much else about it. I'm not even sure if it's open to the public.

I also know Gallatin Gun Club has an area for clays, but becoming a member isn't always easy. And that's a bit of a drive.