Awesome response

Tempest455

What the hell are people like that so afraid of? Do they think a person bent on shooting up the place would freely admit to carrying a weapon? I don't get the irrational behavior in response to a person carrying a weapon in a responsible manner. Does this guy freak out when he sees an armed cop?
  • Like 1

Yep!  He's afraid of something.  I don't mean to just throw down the "Coward" label [although he is a chicken :poop:  puss] BUT, he's afraid of something.  Fact is, a politician who faithfully serves the will of the people has little to fear.  You can't please everyone, I understand.  BUT, in small town politics, a man or woman who votes the will of the people a does ONLY what is good for the community, has nothing to fear like this guy.  So why was he so dang scared of a veteran with a LEGALLY concealed weapon.  AND, that veteran as good as said, "I took a bullet for my country and I'll do it again for anyone here."  The mayor was spot on for saying how he felt safer because of his presence.  I know I feel safer knowing competent people are armed around me.  

Although the gentlemen with the carry permit certainly took the high road (and bravo for that), i would have liked to hear him tell the council member with the problem that "this facility does not ban concealed carry, i'm within my rights".

I'm gonna say that would NOT be a good idea.  You NEVER want ot call attention to things like that.  The first thing the cowards will do is have that changed and the building properly posted.  I might mention that I was within my rights but never point out the avenue the idiots need to take to prevent me from lawfully carrying.  

• Like 1

Even though the video above concerns city council I honestly believe you would get the same type of response from someone like Mayor Burchett. Every time I've spoken with him at a gun show or seen him on TV his answers are usually down to earth and level headed. I'm not saying he's always right and I always agree with him but getting a straight answer is so much better in lieu of some "make me happy while I am in your face" BS answer. So many people in these positions are worried more about stepping on the toes of a few left wingers than trampling my rights and that's not how it should be.

[quote name="Caster" post="895804" timestamp="1359141127"]I'm gonna say that would NOT be a good idea.  You NEVER want ot call attention to things like that.  The first thing the cowards will do is have that changed and the building properly posted.  [/quote] In Clarksville you can no longer carry a firearm into council meetings. It's posted. Of course, they did this in response to my former barber going in there and shooting himself in the head during session. I'm not sure how a gunbuster would have stopped that, but hey, everyone feels like they did something, right? A microcosm of the gun control debate.

Yep! He's afraid of something. I don't mean to just throw down the "Coward" label [although he is a chicken :poop: puss] BUT, he's afraid of something. Fact is, a politician who faithfully serves the will of the people has little to fear. You can't please everyone, I understand. BUT, in small town politics, a man or woman who votes the will of the people a does ONLY what is good for the community, has nothing to fear like this guy. So why was he so dang scared of a veteran with a LEGALLY concealed weapon. AND, that veteran as good as said, "I took a bullet for my country and I'll do it again for anyone here." The mayor was spot on for saying how he felt safer because of his presence. I know I feel safer knowing competent people are armed around me.

I sent that coward an email and TOLD him what a coward he was. And then I told him what I REALLY thought of him.
[quote name="Caster" post="895804" timestamp="1359141127"]I'm gonna say that would NOT be a good idea.  You NEVER want ot call attention to things like that.  The first thing the cowards will do is have that changed and the building properly posted.  I might mention that I was within my rights but never point out the avenue the idiots need to take to prevent me from lawfully carrying.  [/quote] Good point, sometimes I forget that antigun people have brains. :)
[quote name="TMF" post="895819" timestamp="1359141756"]In Clarksville you can no longer carry a firearm into council meetings. It's posted. Of course, they did this in response to my former barber going in there and shooting himself in the head during session. I'm not sure how a gunbuster would have stopped that, but hey, everyone feels like they did something, right? A microcosm of the gun control debate.[/quote] Im honestly suprised that any council meeting allows cc in the first place. Arent you glad that he didnt do that while cutting your hair though. Yeesh.

The guy that walked out did so not because of fear but because he tried to control someone and was told he couldn't. Just as the mayor said the same person tried previously to tell the same gentleman he couldn't wear a hat. And because the guy wasn't able to control people he threw a fit by walking out.

Dolomite

• Like 3

Great response by the Mayor. Silly action by the board member who walked out. Most likely upon leaving the meeting, he walked out on the street where there are probably more people walking around with concealed weapons (both good guys and bad) than the one guy at the meeting.

Surprisingly, I looked up Washington State at handgunlaw.us and found it to be a pretty gun friendly State. Other than only honoring about 10 other State's permits, Tennessee is one of them. Being a left coast State that caught me off guard. May need to consider it a vacation destination sometime in the future.

What a little bit&$. Number 1. What a little pu$$. Number 2. Sounds like he should brush up on the law a little bit before embarrassing himself in the presence of the public. That is truly someone who should be flipping burgers instead of serving his community. I would give the Councilman who seconded the motion a little more leeway, I still think he's wrong but at least he voiced his concern (by seconding a motion he agreed with) then turn into a little bit$& when it got turned down. That whole thing would have been laughable provided it didn't show exactly what we are up against very clearly.

...The first thing the cowards will do is have that changed and the building properly posted.

The city attorney stated that motion would have been unenforceable under state law had it passed.

Posting may not even be an option there -- not all states are as idiotic as TN, to acknowledge a right/privilege, yet allow just about anyone to negate it.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

The guy that walked out did so not because of fear but because he tried to control someone and was told he couldn't. Just as the mayor said the same person tried previously to tell the same gentleman he couldn't wear a hat. And because the guy wasn't able to control people he threw a fit by walking out.

Dolomite

That is exactly right.  With folks like him, it is about control.  If they can't have it their way they want no part of it.  These are the same type of people telling gun owners WE need to compromise.

Dolomite

Yep. I see that look everyday. It's the look of moral superiority. It's the look of self righteousness. It's the look of self entitlement.

Nothing puts me in attack mode like that look. It makes my blood boil. Edited by Razz
[quote name="Razz" post="896492" timestamp="1359210470"]Yep. I see that look everyday. It's the look of moral superiority. It's the look of self righteousness. It's the look of self entitlement. [/quote] I see it too... Every time I go to shave.
  • Like 1