which flashlight for some ar15s

I am in the market for a few flashlights to mount on some ar15s.  1 is a pistol and the other is a m4 style.  was thinking a laser light combo would be good for the pistol, while a flashlight with pressure switch would be good for the m4 with a forward pistol grip.  Does anyone have any that are good lights that don't cost an arm and a leg? or does anyone have anything for sale? 

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ThePunisher
Maybe a vertical grip laser/light by Itac for around $160.00 to $200.00. Great laser/light/ vertical grip. I've also got a Surefire G2x mounted in a Elzetta front sight mount. And I carry a Surefire G2X Pro 320 lumens. Surefire lights are really good. Edited by ThePunisher

I run a Surefire M952V with a pressure switch and pistol grip on my M6A3. Been using that set up for years and years, just updated the light once in a great while. Couldnt be happier with it. Single LED bulb, lasts 8 times longer than most Surefires.. like 8 hours insted of 20 minutes. And I can just rotate the head to IR. I'll get a pic later of it. Yes, its an expensive light, but I think its worth it. 

I bet you can find these things used as well for cheap off gunbroker or something. No reason to pay the $650 on Surefires website.

You can find them for $150ish on various online forums.  Buying directly from SF, like buying from most any manufacturer, is a suckers bet. 

Believe it or not, there is a whole world of LED flashlight geeks out there who are finding ways to do this with incredibly bright flashlights and 18650 rechargeable batteries about the size of 2 CR123 batteries end to end.

Check out the threads on gun mounts over at www.budgetlightforum.com. They discuss flashlights and mounts. You really shouldn't have to pay more than $60 for a good light. I have 5 LED flashlights that I've ordered directly from China from some of their sponsors and the quality is surprisingly good. It's more addictive that owning guns!  The most expensive flashlight I own is $30. My best light cost about $14 and is about as bright as a single car low beam headlight. It can light up a barn wall 500 feet away!

You'll need to make sure that you can get a pressure switch for whatever flashlight you buy. Deal Extreme sells flashlight mounts for about $7. Manafont sells a LED flashlight, mount, pressure switch combo for $20.80 shipped. http://www.manafont.com/product_info.php/ultrafire-uf761-q5-250lumen-led-flashlight-with-pressure-swith-and-firearm-mount-1123a-p-5389

Shipping typically takes 2-3 weeks from China. Personally, I'd post my choice on Budget Light Forum and ask for comments before buying it.

does anyone have anything for sale? 

Please become a premium member and post a WTB Advertisement (Support this FORUM!!!).  I have recently purchased a HSP WML for my AR and I like it (I wrap my hand around the handguards when i shoot).  I was using a surefire M910A but they add too much weight in my opinion. I have a tlr1-s and i like that for pistols but I wouldn't place it on my rifle.  I would get a light for each if I were you.

Edited by alwaysonjohn