NewsChannel5 Investigates Barret?

I was dumb enough to follow trail of money to the VPC which I found out almost entirely comes from The Joyce Foundation which advocates banning of all guns and archery equipment in the US (this is the only group I've ever heard of that was for banning archery equipment). Then I found a notable name of past board members, Barack Hussein Obama. Why in the hell didn't we hear about this during any of the campaigns from either side? It pretty much debunks any claim he may have that he's "a strong supporter of the second amendment" (why do all the people who want even slingshots banned claim to be pro-2A).

And BTW, even the VPC can't come up with one instance of a .50 cal being used in the commission of a crime and they spent millions researching the subject. All they could find was a few incidences of a .50 being seized because it was owned by someone who had committed some other crime. Yet, with no evidence, this group was successful in getting the Peoples Republic of Kalifornia to ban all .50 cals. WTF?

Didn't Rambo take out a helicopter with an arrow?  They might be on to something with the archery thing...

I was dumb enough to follow trail of money to the VPC which I found out almost entirely comes from The Joyce Foundation which advocates banning of all guns and archery equipment in the US (this is the only group I've ever heard of that was for banning archery equipment).

This site is the infinite guide to the tangled web of left wing organizations: http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/

More on the Joyce Foundation here: http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/funderprofile.asp?fndid=5310&category=79 and here http://keywiki.org/index.php/Joyce_Foundation
  • Like 1

maybe if i had a 150 million bank roll i'd own one...  and 1500 acreage to shoot it on... but some of the best snipers in history didn't use a .50 cal... 

Carlos Hathcock II--- .308/ but he was known to use a Ma Deuce from time to time converted to single fire with a scope

Chris Kyle--- 300 WinMag...sadly was shot and killed this past Friday :-/

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/04/us/chris-kyle-american-sniper-author-reported-killed.html

.308 and .300 Winmag won't do the 1 mile stuff. It's 50 BMG and .338 Lapua Magnum for the long shots.

true... but just stating that all well known snipers didn't routinely use that firearm... it has come to sort of a competition for the sniper now days... going down in history making a super long shot... and everyone wants there name in it...but it can be done

SSG Jim Gillilands- 10/27/2005 1,367 yards with .308 rifle

but most all others have been the bigger rounds... .338 and 50bmg

Edited by carter

I really don't even know why I wasted the time to watch it. Liberal biased BS as expected.

Send some email to the advertisers and let them know that there products are going to be boycotted because of this show.

We need to start getting active like they do to conservative shows and hit them in their advertising. 

• Like 1

He gets on there and tells what a great weapon this is and then says Ronnie Barrett refused to comment. What’s Ronnie Barrett supposed to say “Thanks for the advertisement”? Or “Thanks for the unprovoked attack on my company.

I’m disappointed that Channel 5 would allow Phil Williams to attack a company that supports our local economy with jobs and product, and our military with high quality weapons that help keep them alive.

We have to fight for any 2nd amendment rights, while this dirtbag hides from responsibility behind the 1st.

If the investigative segment is so slow they need to attack a business owner and an icon in this industry… then it’s time to cut that segment from the news.

• Like 2

I love that he called an assassination attempt on Fidel Castro a crime. Does that mean that the federal government of the US is a criminal organization because they tried to kill him many times.

Depends on who you ask.  In my opinion, we should be able to take out any leader of a hostile military/country any time we want. 

Here's all the eligible crimes commited by Barrett's

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=211288865179966100797.0004d3aff9cc351eb22a3&hl=en&ie=UTF8&t=m&ll=35.675147,-94.570312&spn=34.014373,56.25&z=4&source=embed

I just scanned over those cases and only saw three, possibly four, actual times that a .50 rifle was used in a crime.  The rest were just 'guilt by association' where a .50 cal rifle was present during another type of crime.  And most of these cases did not necessarily involve a 'Barrett', but just some type of .50 caliber rifle.  Over a 20-year period, that's statistically insignificant!

• Moderators

I just scanned over those cases and only saw three, possibly four, actual times that a .50 rifle was used in a crime.  The rest were just 'guilt by association' where a .50 cal rifle was present during another type of crime.  And most of these cases did not necessarily involve a 'Barrett', but just some type of .50 caliber rifle.  Over a 20-year period, that's statistically insignificant!

Now knock it off with all that reason and logic bullshit. Can't make and win an emotional argument with facts.
  • Like 2

Now knock it off with all that reason and logic bullshit. Can't make and win an emotional argument with facts.

Exactly. .50 cal rifles are really scary looking and there's no reason why civilians need them. Just like there's no reason that folks need 32 oz sodas, cigarettes and obscene amounts of money. Think about how nice the world would be if we could dictate every aspect of a person's life to ensure safety, fairness and equality for all. Edited by TMF
  • Like 1

Bingo, same odds if you hold the gun up in the air during a lighting storm and get shocked...

I can't beleive they sell these things to the public...

Exactly. .50 cal rifles are really scary looking and there's no reason why civilians need them. Just like there's no reason that folks need 32 oz sodas, cigarettes and obscene amounts of money. Think about how nice the world would be if we could dictate every aspect of a person's life to ensure safety, fairness and equality for all.

Exactly. .50 cal rifles are really scary looking and there's no reason why civilians need them. Just like there's no reason that folks need 32 oz sodas, cigarettes and obscene amounts of money. Think about how nice the world would be if we could dictate every aspect of a person's life to ensure safety, fairness and equality for all.

Unless you're the one doing the regulating, then you can have whatever you want.

Guest ThePunisher

Think about how nice the world would be if we could dictate every aspect of a person's life to ensure safety, fairness and equality for all.

I believe that's what Obama, Biden, Bloomberg, Rahm Emanuel,Pelosi, Reid, Feinstein, Shumer, and the rest of their commie Ilk are trying to do now as we speak. They know what's best for us, since we can't think rationally for ourselves.

Unless you're the one doing the regulating, then you can have whatever you want.

Well that goes without saying. Folks who design this utopia are enlightened enough to create it, and therefore shouldn't have to adhere to the rules. Look how well it works in China.
  • Like 1

Well that goes without saying. Folks who design this utopia are enlightened enough to create it, and therefore shouldn't have to adhere to the rules. Look how well it works in China.

Fair enough and touche'.

China is a whole 'nother story...