Nashville area gun dealers who will receive firearms for a fee

I just recently visited Guns & Leather recently, which is where I purchased my nice new XDM. They are a really great bunch and I will most definitely do business with them again. They were very courteous, professional, and ni great to visit with. They are a little further out, but I think I made it there in 25 minutes from downtown. Also, on my XDM, I called every shop in town and they sold me the gun for almost $100 cheaper than anyone else who had it in stock (everyone else was asking well over MSRP because of the demand) and $30 cheaper than any of my regular shops that could order it for me. So needless to say, I was very, very happy.

I have transferred 4 handguns through Rabbi that I bought off of gunbroker and have never had a problem. He is closer to downtown Nashville if location is an issue for you.

Don't tell Tripp that! :D But yeah, they both fit a different niche for my personal needs.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drama â„¢

Obviously. For the life of me, I just can't see why some didn't appreciate his eclectic sense of humor. I have done business with him, as well as some of the "other" vendors here and it was as pleasurable if not more so for much less of a drive. There obviously is some real good ole boy/home cooking going on. He will truly be missed here, at least by me. TGO will not be the same. After all, remember "he who not be named", he came right out and pissed EVERYONE off for days before being banned, but I digress.:up:

Back on point, I have ordered allot of guns from Buds gun shop in Ky and used Academy of Personal Protection off of Murfreesboro Rd to receive them for me purely because they are less than 5 minutes from my office. They have been charging me $35 for one, $50 for two and that includes TICS. Lately though, I've been deciding what I want to buy and giving Guns and Leather the opportunity to sell me the same product at Buds price. So far, they are 5 for 6 on matching or beating Bud's price excluding Tax and TICS but hey, I'm not going to hold TN sales tax against them so I'll pay a little more to support a local. Plus, as I have said in the past, they are the Best Gun Store around, in my opinion. Dennis and the family are locals who run a good business. Their selection my be 2nd to the other big gun shop South of town but not by far and their prices are $100+ cheaper most of the time. Talking about well worth the drive to Greenbrier.

Guest Verbal Kint
Obviously. For the life of me, I just can't see why some didn't appreciate his eclectic sense of humor.

His humor was about the only thing that was well-received by members and staff here.

There obviously is some real good ole boy/home cooking going on.

Yeah, so I've seen written. It's probably because he's Jewish. :koolaid:

Edited by Verbal Kint
Guest jcook119

Phil at Bellshire Hardware on Dickerson Pike handles all of my transfers now, $20 fee + $10 NICS. Great guy, no BS and treats you right.

As for the Rabbi, I just met him on Friday, when I stopped in to pick up a couple of Romanian AK drums he had in another ad. Seemed like a good guy to me, very friendly and talkative. I got no bad vibes from him at all, and will happily deal with him again.

Thanks,

James

• Administrator

Verbal is joking, albeit it's not funny to anyone who wasn't aware of what was going on out of the public eye ... more or less.

I would say that 99% of the people who patronize Rabbi's store will be 100% oblivious to and not really care to hear about the problems that we've had with him here as a Vendor and member of TGO. A thread has been posted about it on our Feedback and Support forum.

If you've had enjoyable transactions with him, then that's really all that likely matters to you as a consumer. :D

I'll transfer for $15 plus TICS for TGO members. Keep in mind, there are some sales tax issues if its a brand new gun being invoiced thru a firearms distributor.

That's good to know. I assume that if we pay for the gun through the sender, there will be no invoicing so no tax issues. Is this correct?

I've also been meaning to stop by some time and check out your shop.

The people that have transfers that they leave up here for a month before they pick them up are the ones that get on my nerves. We're having a hard time finding places for our guns, much less other peoples.

AMEN BROTHER.... What about the transfers that come in and there is no name attached and you have no clue who it belongs too. :D

I'll transfer for $15 plus TICS for TGO members. Keep in mind, there are some sales tax issues if its a brand new gun being invoiced thru a firearms distributor.

But technically you can't collect the tax, right? I thought it was to declared and payed by the customer directly to the IRS.

if it comes to my store, they will invoice my ffl. Most distributors file reports with the Tn. Dept of revenue. The Dept of revenue calls it a "use" tax. Over the years there has been some question about this. I was told I had to get the tax of give the customer a form for them to send in the tax.

Theres lots of dealers that have a "dont ask dont tell"... but we've been here for 18 years and have learned that will bite ya in the arse eventually. They say your supposed to pay the tax on all Internet sales. As you probably knows that pretty much unenforceable, but guns are like cars... they can be traced more easily.

Heres the form....

deptrevenue50.jpg

We had a related thread about a year ago. As I said then in http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/showpost.php?p=18895&postcount=17

Actually, the tax people are supposed to pay on items bought out of state are use taxes.

http://www.state.tn.us/revenue/faqs/salesandusefaq.htm#su13

What is use tax?

Use tax, at the same rates as sales tax, becomes due when the user and consumer of taxable merchandise does not pay tax to the supplier. Examples include purchases of tangible personal property for use from an out-of-state vendor who does not collect the tax, extractions from inventory purchased on a resale certificate for personal use and consumption. Generally, contractors become liable for a use tax on materials used in realty construction even when the contractee first purchases the materials on an exemption certificate. Use tax is due even on purchases made by citizens from another state which are not taxed by the seller.

Are sales made on the Internet subject to sales or use tax?

Yes. Even if a seller does not collect Tennessee sales tax from you, when you ask a dealer to deliver an item to you in Tennessee, you are responsible for paying use tax at the same rate as sales tax.

But it is up to the user to pay those taxes and it is not incumbent upon the transfer agent to collect that tax for the state, as it is for sales tax.

So...when you buy a gun, or other item for personal use in interstate commerce you are supposed to send the state the use tax in the same amount as the sales tax would have been. But meeting this obligation is between you and the state, not you and the transfer agent as much as the state would like to make it so. The Agent may collect the tax for you, but he is not required to do so.

Just check before you use a transfer agent.

But if the State of Tennessee Dept of Revenue ever comes and does an audit they will want to know where the tax is for those particular items. Any other dealer here can attest to the validity of us having to send in our State Revenue License to distributors... now more then ever. They arent just asking for it for giggles.

So If customers dont want to pay me the tax I just have them sign a waiver that they will "voluntarily" pay the tax to the State. I then attach that to their paperwork with a copy of the invoice and ...when or if the Revenue man comes around I have it for them. Then they will go knocking on their door and leave me alone.

AMEN BROTHER.... What about the transfers that come in and there is no name attached and you have no clue who it belongs too. :rolleyes:

Oh man, I hate that too. No number, no contact information, nothing. Also, the business's that dont send FFL's with the transfer like they are suppost to....

actually they dont have to send a copy of the FFL... I ask for it, and get it most of the time just for my records, but they arent required by ATF to send it. I came across this years ago and had to log some guns in from UPS or USPS and the date.

But I agree sending the FFL makes life easier on everyone.

actually they dont have to send a copy of the FFL... I ask for it, and get it most of the time just for my records, but they arent required by ATF to send it. I came across this years ago and had to log some guns in from UPS or USPS and the date.

But I agree sending the FFL makes life easier on everyone.

Ahh see I didnt know that, I thought it was required.

If you're near Nolensville Rd/ Hwy 96 in Williamson Cty the Saddle Shop is good.
I've never been there nor did I know they did FFL transfers. Good to know since I have family right up the road. Thanks... :popcorn:

I have bought from Mike at the Saddle shop. He does transfers or can order what you want. His number is 615-395-7555 if you need it.

After looking at the fees some of these dealers charge it is obvious that they don't want your business. Fifty dollars is absurd. I know that I was lucky but a local pawn shop dealer only charged me the $10.

:hiding::pleased::D