Has Zimmerman Waived His Right to a Pre-Trial "Stand-Your-Ground" Hearing?

Guest Law of Self Defense

Geesh, the trial is in recess for less than 24 hours and with no trial going on now we're bickering over a book! Legal Insurrection is the best source of news about the trial on the entire internet, in my opinion. I've tried CNN and Fox, but they seem to only hit the emotional stuff and skip a lot of the really important details.

Thanks, Andrew. Everyone else, take a deep breath. Celebrate the 4th of July with something like this. :stunned: :stunned:

Da+Judge.jpg

I've been a benefactor for quite some time. It recently expired and I have not renewed it as of yet. If I want to sell my products on TGO I have to pay Vendor status. If I want to sell my reloading equipment here, I must be a benefactor. And yes it just rubs me wrong when someone who popped in here just before the Zman trial selling transcripts and books, who will pop outta here just as fast when the trial is over, trying to get a free ride! What say you ?

Dave

"What say you? is a question already answered below...

The complaints of Andrew not being a "vendor" on TGO might hold a little more substance were it not that Andrew seems to believe that George Zimmerman is not guilty of a crime and those who seem upset about Andrew mentioning his book have been staunchly pro-Martin from the very beginning. :shrug:

Geesh, the trial is in recess for less than 24 hours and with no trial going on now we're bickering over a book! Legal Insurrection is the best source of news about the trial on the entire internet, in my opinion. I've tried CNN and Fox, but they seem to only hit the emotional stuff and skip a lot of the really important details.

Thanks, Andrew. Everyone else, take a deep breath. Celebrate the 4th of July with something like this. :stunned: :stunned:

Da+Judge.jpg

Nice weapon! Judge?

Dave

I bought the book....and I'm GLAD I DID....! Well, I PAID for the book anyway....LOL. I've followed the entire trial on the website his blog is on too. Pretty good stuff if you ask me. Better than the crap spewed from CNN..MSNBC...etc.... Edited by Randall53

I got to thinking. This IS TGO, so out of 520 posts, there had to be some mention of Jesus already. Add to that, Erik is kind of a homo. I think we were already there! :)

That's not what your girlfriend was calling me Mike.... :wave:

• Like 2

Da+Judge.jpg

It's a circuit judge with the tactical stock. but it's been photoshopped... by me... to cut off part of the buttstock. Here's what it really looks like. I have this gun with a small laser on the rail in front.

07_rossi-circuit-judge.jpg

I bought the book....and I'm GLAD I DID....! Well, I PAID for the book anyway....LOL. I've followed the entire trial on the website his blog is on too. Pretty good stuff if you ask me. Better than the crap spewed from CNN..MSNBC...etc....

Hey Randall, thanks for the support.  

I know you and all our other trusting pre-order customers took a chance in ordering the book before it was available to ship.  We hope the 30% discount & free shipping helped to offset that risk a bit.  You'll be glad to know the books started shipping to our pre-order customers today, and I expect you'll find it in your mailbox before the end of the week.  

If it doesn't arrive by the end of the week let me know and I'll overnight you one of my personal copies (that I myself just received today), and you can just keep the other copy whenever it does arrive.

Incidentally, if you're champing at the bit to read the book, you (and everyone else on the internets) can find at least the Table of Contents and the Introduction (full-length) at the Law of Self Defense web site.  Maybe that will take the edge off while you wait.  :-) (Like every other one of our blog posts, these are totally free for you reading enjoyment, no obligation of any kind, purely for your reading pleasure, etc.)

--Andrew, @LawSelfDefense

I know you and all our other trusting pre-order customers took a chance in ordering the book before it was available to ship.  We hope the 30% discount & free shipping helped to offset that risk a bit.  You'll be glad to know the books started shipping to our pre-order customers today, and I expect you'll find it in your mailbox before the end of the week.  

If it doesn't arrive by the end of the week let me know and I'll overnight you one of my personal copies (that I myself just received today), and you can just keep the other copy whenever it does arrive.

Incidentally, if you're champing at the bit to read the book, you (and everyone else on the internets) can find at least the Table of Contents and the Introduction (full-length) at the Law of Self Defense web site.  Maybe that will take the edge off while you wait.  :-) (Like every other one of our blog posts, these are totally free for you reading enjoyment, no obligation of any kind, purely for your reading pleasure, etc.)

It hasn't come yet, I checked this afternoon.  I am looking forward to reading it.  Thank you for the updates on the trail....excellent job IMO!

Edited by Randall53

Book came today.

Book came today.

Glad to hear it, hope you enjoy it--if so, let me know.  :-)

Incidentally, it's turned out to be very complicated to keep up to speed on the different rules/cultures among all the different gun forums in terms of whether I can even mention the fact that I'm an author--some are fine with it, some want to burn me as a witch for being so rude as having a book for sale--so I'm pretty much transitioning off the forums, it's just not worth the potential ill-will.

By this point everybody should know how to reach me, if they're interested. Thanks for putting me up this long, I greatly appreciate it.

Best,

Andrew

Glad to hear it, hope you enjoy it--if so, let me know.  :-)

Incidentally, it's turned out to be very complicated to keep up to speed on the different rules/cultures among all the different gun forums in terms of whether I can even mention the fact that I'm an author--some are fine with it, some want to burn me as a witch for being so rude as having a book for sale--so I'm pretty much transitioning off the forums, it's just not worth the potential ill-will.

By this point everybody should know how to reach me, if they're interested. Thanks for putting me up this long, I greatly appreciate it.

Best,

Andrew

Thank you for everything you've done here. It's been very much appreciated by most of us.

I'm not sure anyone "bullied" Andrew to leave the thread. I personally felt he should be held to the same standards as the rest of the members here on TGO in regards to advertising and selling on the posts. Want to sell commercially, be a "vendor". Want to sell privately? Be a "Benifactor". Some folks here who are defending him selling his books or other services on these forums, are the very first ones to confront a new member of TGO about TGO's policy on selling, and not being permitted to list items for sale in their posts or have direct links to those items for sale. How's that old saying go? "What's good for the goose is good for the gander". He's a lawyer, part of a law firm, and could pay his way as well as the fine Lawyers who pay to be a "vendor" here. But I don't think "bully" is the correct term here.

DaveS

• Like 2

Shame that a couple of J4T TGO'ers had to "bully" Andrew to the point where he left the forum, I enjoyed reading his updates & hearing his expert legal opinions, I thought he made some really good contributions to the topic.

Good grief man, he littered those posts with nothing but links to other websites. Did you lose them all?
  • Like 1

He popped in here on TGO (other gun sites also) with an agenda before the trial started, and popped out just as fast when it was over. Even if no one had said anything about his selling, he'd be gone anyways now that the trial is over. Honest question here...Has he posted in any other threads here? I can't find them.

He could have done the same updating without all the links and listing his books and transcripts for sale. But there was no money to be made doing that. No one here that I know had any problem with him being a member of TGO and posting here. It was the content of said posts.

Dave

• Like 2