Letter from TN Sheriffs' Association in Mail Today

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Grizzly Johnson

Maybe we should get the guy on WKRN News Channel 2 involved "Now That's Messed Up!" I got my letter yesterday, ripped it up, and threw it in the trash.

Guest nj.piney

for the last 15 years i have supported this organization,after their comments against resturant carry this is the first year i wont be sending a donation to them.i received my handgun carry letter today and look forward to them asking , why not?

Guest WingedWarrior

Hmmm, lemme get this straight. One of the things they offer is an "exclusive membership card with a firearm symbol identifying you as a Handgun Carry Permit holder in TN."

Uh, if you have an HCP, isn't that already a card that says you can carry a handgun?

What I really want is another card that indicates I have an "exclusive membership card with a firearm symbol identifying you as a Handgun Carry Permit holder in TN." Or maybe a card that says I have a card that says I have a card ......

WW

I got my letter yesterday. I have supported this group in the past, but never received a letter stating I had a handgun permit. Would this not fall under the Federal Privacy Act?

Anyway my letter is in the trash.

Guest Major Pain

Me and the wife got our letters today. I made a copy of the letter they sent against carry in restaurant (thanks canynracer) and sent a note telling them I would not support them but a few bad guys might. Also sent there envelope and junk insert back and told them I didn't want there garbage.--MP

Guest GLOCKGUY

i think im going to do the same thing and send the letter they sent against carry in restaurant. that sounds like a real good idea ;)

Found it!!! http://tngunowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5934&highlight=Sheriff

Now, I think all of us that have a letter should fold it back up, with the letter (http://www.legallyarmed.com/resources/sheriffltrhb410.pdf) where they did NOT support resutraunt carry, and ask why we should support THEM, when they do not support US???

That my friends is EXACTLY what I am going to do...spam them like the spam us.

Not that I'm in favor of them spamming but did you read this part of your link. http://tngunowners.com/forums/showpost.php?p=74579&postcount=6

Guest canynracer

Nope, but I know that there are chiefs of police, and Sheriffs signatures on it...those sheriffs are a part of the same organization...if the Sheriffs truely did "hoodwink" then why no repercussions?

still, if he responds to my email, he can always give us the TSA's real view on the matter, and maybe offer the support when they discuss the bill again.

Edited by canynracer
Guest Major Pain

My Dad was Benton Co. sheriff back in late 70's and when all those letters use to go out his office would be flooded with calls from people who wanted to know if it was legit. He told them he had nothing to do with it and got no money from it. But it was some kind of group out of Nashville that gave out a few scholarships. I think they kept about 60 percent for "administration". Never heard much out of them until begging time.--MP

Guest tedbo

I got one too. I have been thinking hard on how I was going to respond to this.

I like the idea of sending it back with a little note on the back(why waste a good sheet of paper?) telling them why they will get no money from me.

Hmm...,This also might get me off my butt to get a few minutes with the Sheriff here and ask him about the meth heads and gangbangers who are coming in to town.