Academy Sports + Ammunition

The catch is, you're only allowed one box per caliber per day with a maximum purchase limit of 3 boxes. I drove over 160 miles round trip to Knoxville to find ammo & only came home with two 50 round boxes of 9mm. NO ONE has ammo for sale! We have a local Walmart in my town, but they no longer stock rifle/pistol ammo & it looks like other Walmarts will follow the example soon. Looks like the crooked SOB in the white house won after all!

$26 for white box 9mm

Academy has been the only reliable source for a while. Academy gets a shipment a couple days a week. There may be more or less and it could be different stuff on it but if you get there early a couple days you can usually get the caliber you want. I haven't had a chance in the last week or so but I think if you get there at opening you can get .22lr in bulk. Monday I swung in at 9am and they still had 100rd packs of Mini Mags leaving me to believe they had enough bulk packs that not all the Mini Mags sold out prior to me coming in.

I think their policy is more strictly followed and better than Walmart. 1box per caliber 3 box total seems to keep more on the shelf longer. On top of that I feel they're associates aren't doing a lot of backroom deals with friends. Or buying it up for themselves.

They had enough this morning that I think they'll prob still have .223, 5.56, and 9mm at noon today.
I got 223, 556 and 9mm this morning. It is one box per caliber, three box limit. I wish I could have gotten a box of 45, but I'll check back tomorrow. They are the most reliable amongst local retailers.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
  • Like 1

Good.  Maybe the one in Smyrna will pick up some more.  I stopped by yesterday and they had tons of stuff in other calibers, but 9mm/45/7.62x39/.223/.22lr was bare. The guy behind the counter was telling me that they get stuff in and it's gone by 9AM.  People are waiting there when they open the doors.

Good.  Maybe the one in Smyrna will pick up some more.  I stopped by yesterday and they had tons of stuff in other calibers, but 9mm/45/7.62x39/.223/.22lr was bare. The guy behind the counter was telling me that they get stuff in and it's gone by 9AM.  People are waiting there when they open the doors.

Yep, told me the same thing. Said some get pissed off if there is no ammo on that shipment. If they are reselling it and don't use it, then I'm glad they wasted that hour.
  • Like 2

In all seriousness yall need to spend a bit on getting into reloading and casting.

It is a bit of a up front cost, but I have saved a LOT after I started just a few months ago.

I dont have to drive anywhere to try and buy ammo, and a lot less stress over trying to find the stuff.

• Like 4

I really wish people would relax. The longer you guys keep buying ammo at a %100 markup the longer prices will stay that high.

Why on earth would anyone pay $26 for a box of target 9mm?

100 round box? Don't know, haven't bought any for a while. Didn't think Academy had any ridiculous markup.

I really wish people would relax. The longer you guys keep buying ammo at a %100 markup the longer prices will stay that high.

Why on earth would anyone pay $26 for a box of target 9mm?

The 9mm at Academy is $13.99/per 50 Blazer & $26/per 100 so it's not too high. It's just hard to find.

• Like 3

Ah, thank god! That's not a bad price at all.

Yeah I sure wouldn't have paid that for 50, lol.

RED333 I'm like a crack addict I just dropped by to see if they had any .22. But I saw the other stuff and couldn't resist. Old habit I swear that's the last time. I can use the brass though... However I have recently gone the route you suggested. I bought a mold and can make some great cheap azz .38's. Got another mold on backorder til 4/3 but havn't got shipping confirmation so who knows. Still don't have 9mm dies and I shot 100rds last weekend so I replaced what I used. I wish I could wait in line for dies.
Loaded some .223 tonight and hoping to meet up with David next week and pick up some needed supplies for more of them and I'll be set for a while. Still there's the .22lr. But I'm not waiting in any lines. And I am pretty much set on ammo for the amount I use anyway.
I'm gonna be fishing tournaments every weekend now that it's spring/summer as it is.
Guest nra37922

Hit and miss and then one box per caliber.  One has to say enough and quit buying just to have else the situation isn't going to clear up anytime soon....

i stopped at the new one in dalton georgia today.  the back ammo area was full of ammo at normal prices. all you wanted.  but the 22lr, 5.56, 308, 9mm, 40 and 45 was up front at the service desk.  one box per person up to three different calibers per day that ammo.  all prices were priced at the normal price.  

• Like 1