Score!!

went to my LGS today and it was like old times .. AR 15's on the wall and wait, what's that? 9mm and .22LR??? 

ended up with 800rds of Federal 115gr FMJ and 4 bulk packs of .22LR

i know i know .... pics or it didnt happen lol (the Colibri i bought here on TGO from PackinMama) 

28uo15.jpg

• Like 1

prices werent TOO crazy .. good on the 9mm actually 16.99 a box so i wiped em out .. they had a 10 box limit per customer so i had to have my wife buy some too lol ... the bulk was a tiny bit more than old prices at 20.99 for the 333 packs and 29.99 for the federal target grade, was at the Lebanon Gun Shop here in Lebanon TN ... i got the last of these 2 items though (unless they had some that wasnt on the shelves) but they had plenty of other 9mm that wasnt as cheap .. and pretty much every other caliber but i didnt look at prices on anything but the .22 and 9mm sorry 

Guest KCampbell
I noticed alot of ammo showing up at several places today for reasonable prices.Dicks in Alcoa had 223 & 556 green tip 62gr and Independence 55gr for 9.99 .Bricks of .22 for 19.99 and some .40.I got one of each. Per a buddies Facebook post Gander Mtn @ Turkey Creek had a pallet of 9mm and JFloyds in Sevierville had several pallets of 5.56 I didnt see this ammo personally but I belive it was there.My Gunbot alerts were also going off all day on Wolf .223 @ 0.35 a round and a lot of Aguila 9mm @ 0.34.Not super prices but I thought it was a good sign Edited by KCampbell

Awesome.  Now be a winner and go resell that 22 for $50.  C'mon, think of all that hard work and time you put in, and the gas for driving, don't you want to make 20 bucks for it?? That's like 66% profit!!!  Screw the stock market I'm gonna be a professional ammo flipper.

Bad week?

That's all I should probably say. Edited by Raoul
  • Like 1

Bad week?  No not at all.  I helped out several clients with serious problems and signed up a few new ones.  Ammo-wise, several times this week I saw it for sale online at good prices and passed up on it.  I either don't need it or I'm pretty confident the price will be even lower in a month or so.  Not to sound elitist, but for these people who camp out at Walmart and such...dude I make 10 times more in an hour than you'll make waiting to buy and then resell that box of ammunition.  So while you're standing in line, I'm getting a good night's sleep, then going to work at a profession I love, making good money, and at my leisure I can check all the online ammo websites from the comfort of my home or office, and buy it for about the same price you did.  So go ahead, stand in line, drive around all day, but what you should really do is take that work ethic and put it into a marketable skill.

Edited by Stegall Law Firm
  • Like 1

Bad week?  No not at all.  I helped out several clients with serious problems and signed up a few new ones.  Ammo-wise, several times this week I saw it for sale online at good prices and passed up on it.  I either don't need it or I'm pretty confident the price will be even lower in a month or so.  Not to sound elitist, but for these people who camp out at Walmart and such...dude I make 10 times more in an hour than you'll make waiting to buy and then resell that box of ammunition.  So while you're standing in line, I'm getting a good night's sleep, then going to work at a profession I love, making good money, and at my leisure I can check all the online ammo websites from the comfort of my home or office, and buy it for about the same price you did.  So go ahead, stand in line, drive around all day, but what you should really do is take that work ethic and put it into a marketable skill

Easy there turbo. I was in my offhand way agreeing with you.
I quit looking for ammo quite a while ago. Don't have the need to source many items.

And FWIW you have no idea what I do or how much I make. Chill.
  • Like 1
Guest KCampbell
I will agree the amount he bought was a bit much.Hopefully its not for resale like its being insinuated.:huh:

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2 Edited by KCampbell

I've gone to strictly online purchases. no chasing around, easy to compare. Scored these on 4/22, got 'em in 4/24. No gas, no fuss, no standing in line.

d6b5fd39-c982-4a2a-add4-245e3ddf7f5c.jpg

Poor_Dog

Makes no difference how you scored these, in the eyes of some of these guys, you are a Hoarder or a Reseller or you should be. Also since you didn't leave any for the next guy you should be very ashamed of yourself and feel very guilty every time you reload a round. :screwy:

All kidding aside, there are a few people posting on the Ammo & Reloading forum that need to lighten up. It is what it is, and you can't change it by ranting on someone because he got lucky and bought a case of 9mm and a couple of bricks of 22s. Just my :2cents:

• Like 1

Since when is $16.99 a good price for 9mm?

9mm was $10-12 a box just a few months ago. 

lol all things considered it looked pretty damn cheap to me for brass cased 9mm ... i've never been one to buy in bulk so the only thing i've seen cheaper in over a year was steel or aluminum cased .. but in all fairness until about 6 months ago i wasnt in the market for any centerfire pistol calibers because everything i owned was .22 

Edited by JoeJ615

So how much did you leave for the next customer?

as little as i could afford lol ... which i might have felt bad about, if i had bought it with the intentions of reselling it ... but i havent found ANY of these 2 calibers in months, and the cupboards were running VERY dry  .. my situation doesnt allow me to hit up the gun shops and big box stores just hoping to find ammo, and i apparently have the worst luck clearing the online "check out" before anything i find is out of stock ... i basically got lucky and stumbled on this this so i struck while the iron was hot

Awesome.  Now be a winner and go resell that 22 for $50.  C'mon, think of all that hard work and time you put in, and the gas for driving, don't you want to make 20 bucks for it?? That's like 66% profit!!!  Screw the stock market I'm gonna be a professional ammo flipper. 

no thanks ... i think i'll just shoot it if it's all the same to you :)

• Like 1

IMO your use of the phrases "wiped them out" and the fact that you circumvented the 10 box limit by having your wife  go in and buy as well is what is rubbing a lot of us the wrong way. Congrats on your ammo score, but in times like these bragging about the fact that you left none for anybody else by abusing store policy is not going to make you a lot of friends.

• Like 1

IMO your use of the phrases "wiped them out" and the fact that you circumvented the 10 box limit by having your wife  go in and buy as well is what is rubbing a lot of us the wrong way. Congrats on your ammo score, but in times like these bragging about the fact that you left none for anybody else by abusing store policy is not going to make you a lot of friends.

first of all i did NOT "circumvent store policy" the policy was 10 boxes per customer per day ... the owner and his wife were both present and they both know me AND my wife, even though we are married we are still 2 different people, so im sorry if the fact that i finally after many months of looking found a decent bit of ammo but i didnt realize that my fellow gun enthusiasts were so in need that they would turn on me like the fat guy in the donner party, secondly i used the term "wiped them out" fairly loosely .. after the 16 boxes me and my wife picked up there were still probably 20 left on the table of the same kind (was on a folding table at the end of the counter with a few other calibers/brands) ... and MANY other boxes of other brands of 9mm behind the counter, i did however pick up  the last 2 boxes of .22 bulk they had, picked up the first 2 (it was 1 box per customer per day) the day before right as they closed, which is why i knew to be there when they opened the next day lol

• Like 2

as little as i could afford lol ... which i might have felt bad about, if i had bought it with the intentions of reselling it ... but i havent found ANY of these 2 calibers in months, and the cupboards were running VERY dry  .. my situation doesnt allow me to hit up the gun shops and big box stores just hoping to find ammo, and i apparently have the worst luck clearing the online "check out" before anything i find is out of stock ... i basically got lucky and stumbled on this this so i struck while the iron was hot

I wouldn't feel bad Joe, I'm sure the ones that are being hard on you have PLENTY of ammo set back. I'm not sure when less than a case of 9mm and 999rds of .22lr became hoarding but i feel real certain that if any one of them was down to a few hundreds rounds on hand they would have done the same thing. Theres no difference between buying some bulk 9mm in person and buying it online so i can't see where your doing anything that they aren't. I'm glad to see when other forum members have a streak of good luck and would think others would be as well.

• Like 2

The ammo that I have plenty of "set back" was bought when it was plentiful and cheap. If anybody is buying it all up now when prices are high just to have it "set back" they are just compounding the problem and extending the shortage and high prices. My guess is if everybody would buy only what they need instead of stockpiling when prices are high the ammo shotage would be over in a week. If the OP  bought this ammo because he has a match to train for or it is his normal montly shooting supply then good for him. If it sits in his cabinet for the next year, he may not feel so lucky everytime he sees the price stickers on the boxes and realizes the same ammo is then for sale at a lower price when this madness has finally passed.

Edited by pcrc11
  • Like 1