BENCHMADE Infidel Illegal in TN?

Guest confidence

Look into spring assisted knives, they are legal for civilian carry since the action is initiated from the blade and not the handle from my understanding. Other than that they are pretty nice if you need to open a knife and you only have one hand available. The Kershaw Leek has been my EDC for over a year; the spring assisted function comes in handy quite a bit.

• Like 2
Guest confidence

Look into spring assisted knives, they are legal for civilian carry since the action is initiated from the blade and not the handle from my understanding. Other than that they are pretty nice if you need to open a knife and you only have one hand available. The Kershaw Leek has been my EDC for over a year; the spring assisted function comes in handy quite a bit.

That Kershaw Leek looks really good. Here's a review I found:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNCKVpIEtuE

I like how fast the blade deploys!

It's pretty sweet if you can find it for $50 or less. I saw one somewhere for $70 and about crapped my pants, but the finish was different than the matte black I have. If Preemtion ever passes I will be looking to get a Benchmade 581 since Auto knives still won't be legalized... :shake:

Go check out www.bladehq.com they have the best prices going,I buy most of  my knives there.I never realy understood that in TN.you can buy and own them for collecting purpose but can't carry them,but I still carry my Halo V with me all the time.

Edited by tjc357
I bought my last Kershaw on Ebay. The guy was named Kershaw Guy or something and had a website by the same name. He sells blemished and non blemished knives. I bought a blem for carry. It was originally $40+ and got it for $15 shipped I believe. The only blem I could find anywhere is they put xxxx over the Kershaw name to signify it as a blemished knife. I never found a thing to qualify it as such. I lost the knife a couple months later......

Just an idea....

Oh, and I LOVE Kershaws. They seem to be excellent knives and not super expensive. The auto assist option is awesome as well. I've carried them for 10 years. Edited by bigbabysweets
  • Admin Team

If you're looking for an assisted opening knife, the Zero Tolerance 0350 has unbelievably fast action.  I'd actually call it faster than most autos I've used with the exception of a few ProTechs.

Browsing the Bladed Tools subforum, you might think that we're some sort of shill for Zero Tolerance, or that they're a sponsor.  They probably should be a sponsor, but there's a good reason so many of us carry their blades, and specifically the ZT0350. 

It's that good.  For ~$110, I'd say you'd be hard pressed to find better.

• Like 1

I bought my last Kershaw on Ebay. The guy was named Kershaw Guy or something and had a website by the same name. He sells blemished and non blemished knives. I bought a blem for carry. It was originally $40+ and got it for $15 shipped I believe. The only blem I could find anywhere is they put xxxx over the Kershaw name to signify it as a blemished knife. I never found a thing to qualify it as such. I lost the knife a couple months later......

Just an idea....

Oh, and I LOVE Kershaws. They seem to be excellent knives and not super expensive. The auto assist option is awesome as well. I've carried them for 10 years.

There are some amazing deals to be had on KershawGuy.com. Recently picked up a blemished ZT0350. A friend picked up two as gifts.

If you're looking for an assisted opening knife, the Zero Tolerance 0350 has unbelievably fast action.  I'd actually call it faster than most autos I've used with the exception of a few ProTechs.

Browsing the Bladed Tools subforum, you might think that we're some sort of shill for Zero Tolerance, or that they're a sponsor.  They probably should be a sponsor, but there's a good reason so many of us carry their blades, and specifically the ZT0350. 

It's that good.  For ~$110, I'd say you'd be hard pressed to find better.

I wish I had seen this a little earlier. I just ordered this one.

http://www.benchmade.com/products/300

300SN.jpg

I'm not a big knife guy. So, I'm sure it will make me happy. I really like the looks.

• Admin Team

I wish I had seen this a little earlier. I just ordered this one.

http://www.benchmade.com/products/300

300SN.jpg

I'm not a big knife guy. So, I'm sure it will make me happy. I really like the looks.

There's not a thing wrong with that knife.

I put Benchmade on a pedestal for years. The AFO set a standard for design and function that remains to this day. I have and use a bunch of their stuff.

Like so many, though I think they squandered a lot of their good name by forcing out too many knives of mediocre design and by failing to pay attention to quality control in their manufacturing. They've since recovered a bit, but I'd love to see them step away from 154CM to something that'll hold an edge longer.
I went to Smokey Mtn Knifeworks and they refused to sell me an almost $500 Benchmade.
I think it was this model that OP posted above.
Tried to tell him it was OK for owning one ... No go ...

I left without buying anything. Edited by Currently

I put Benchmade on a pedestal for years. The AFO set a standard for design and function that remains to this day. I have and use a bunch of their stuff.

Like so many, though I think they squandered a lot of their good name by forcing out too many knives of mediocre design and by failing to pay attention to quality control in their manufacturing. They've since recovered a bit, but I'd love to see them step away from 154CM to something that'll hold an edge longer.

Yep. I have more concern about the blade steel than anything else. It won't see much, if any, hard use.

OK... just had an OCD attack and ordered a ZT0350 too. Gonna have to figure out how to mount one or the other on my Glock, 'cause I'm out of hands. :)

• Admin Team
Ha! They've got people that can help with that these days, you know?

If nothing else, you can wear one on the left, the other one on the right, and make all those liberals you work with all hot and itchy.

That's worth the price right there.

Ha! They've got people that can help with that these days, you know?

If nothing else, you can wear one on the left, the other one on the right, and make all those liberals you work with all hot and itchy.

That's worth the price right there.

I'll get Dolomite to make me something with his lathe and something he got from Walmart :)

BTW... the liberals are already itchy around me. They've seen me in my assortment of NRA T-shirts AND my Hero Gear zombie shirt. Besides, they're all Facebook friends, and are all well aware of the fact that I would like to bitch slap Obama with a big rubber dildo.

Edited by mikegideon