Now, THAT'S a light!!

My lights...

IMG_20130606_122023_055.jpg

From left to right... Thrunite Ti, Sipik 68 clone, Sipik 68 clone, Sipik 98 clone, some Ultrafire with a pressure pad, SolarForce Lm2, some Ultrafire, Defiant 3C (Home Depot 3 C cells).

Only the SolarForce ($30) and the Defiant ($23) cost more than $20. Unless you need a light to withstand the impact of recoil, there's no need to buy an expensive light anymore.

The Super Torch in OP's link looks a LOT like this $6 one from Amazon...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007FC5A5Q/

I picked up the $6 one along with some other inexpensive ones there several months ago and found it to be a good flashlight with lo/high/strobe.

Since it uses a standard AA battery, I didn't bother getting rechargeables or a charger.

If it is the same one, Amazon looks to have a great delivered price!   :)

I bought this same UltraFire "Cree" Q5 from Amazon.  Worth $6 as a throw-away glove-box/travel-light. Glad I didn't pay more. Only one mode and just average lumens.

Comfortable fit in my hand.

Edited by HvBikeWlTravel

For the money the 225 lumen gander mountain light is hard to beat  On sale about $50

Olight I6 Paladin......420 lumen output.      $41 on Amazon.

And I can attest, it is BRIGHT!  Honestly it may be too bright for some night use. It destroys your night vision and leaves spots for several seconds in some instances. I don't use it walking thru the house because the reflection off glass or plastic is too much.

Olight I6 Paladin......420 lumen output.      $41 on Amazon.

And I can attest, it is BRIGHT!  Honestly it may be too bright for some night use. It destroys your night vision and leaves spots for several seconds in some instances. I don't use it walking thru the house because the reflection off glass or plastic is too much.

Here is the pic of your great flashlight collection.

robertflashlight_zps03e1e7f6.jpg

Enlighten me as to do you want me to add the details on these beauties? :pleased:

Here is the pic of your great flashlight collection.

robertflashlight_zps03e1e7f6.jpg

Enlighten me as to do you want me to add the details on these beauties? :pleased:

From left to right; $6 UltraFire, $12 Nebo 5077, $20 Streamlight Stylus Pro, $35 Streamlight TwinTask 3AA, $45 Icon Rogue, $41 OLIGHT I6 Paladin, and Lithium-ion power Hitachi.

Well... since it's gonna cost me MORE than the light to send it back, guess I'll keep it. Grrr.

Where do I find an adapter that will put the EU plug into a 'murican socket? Radio Shack?

After your thoughts I decided to also contact them and complain about the the charger being an EU. I'm not positive but I got the impression that they/he was going to do something about that. So I'm assuming that I'll see a US charger or an adapter in the mail.    :shrug:  If so I pass that along.

Anyone else grab the 1200 lumen light on yugster ?

I ordered one. We'll see when it gets here...

I ordered 2, I've got a 600 lumen streamlight to compare it to when it gets here .

Well, at $14... I snagged one of those 2000 lumen off eBay. We'll see...

Let me know how that one is, looks like it even takes the same batteries as the yugster one.
Guest Lester Weevils

Maybe high quality real bright lights will become cheepie commodity items, but such high specs vs low price remind me of the supposedly "2000 watt car stereos" for sale at flea markets for $29.95. Somehow one might doubt that the spec is truthful.

Maybe high quality real bright lights will become cheepie commodity items, but such high specs vs low price remind me of the supposedly "2000 watt car stereos" for sale at flea markets for $29.95. Somehow one might doubt that the spec is truthful.

Yeah, this guy sounds credible for the one on eBay/Amazon (which is called "1800 lumens" on Zon, "2000" on eBay):

"1.0 out of 5 stars Not Possible November 27, 2012

The maximum brightness of an XML-T6 emitter is 1000 lumens rated by Cree and the nominal brightness is 800 Lumens so unless this is a magic light it is not possible to get 1800 Lumens out of an emitter that's max output is 1000! I've been selling flashlights for over 10 years and build my own and can say with confidence that this light puts out a max of 5 or 600 lumens max if you're lucky and have high amperage batteries. The zoom feature magnifies the light to make it seem brighter by condensing it but if you put it next to a real 1800 Lumen light with a SMO (mirrored reflector) it would amaze you what a real 1800 lumen light looks like."

As long as it holds up, probably be an "okay" enough light though. I do like AAA battery powered ones; I realize the limitations but they shore are handy.

- OS