Troubling news for the Trayvon Martin camp

Guest 6.8 AR

I don't remember, either, but it shows he could have paid attention in his English class. He chose fighting, instead.

More of a problem than I care to grasp, at least as far as this case is concerned.

Cashill's article is in response to the prosecution trying to withhold TM's past as evidence to his character. The way

I see it, with them trying to use Zimmerman's past against him, what's good for the goose...

I have read some of that before, but some was new. The sad state of affairs that is our media, and the reverse racism of this whole affair smells like 3 day old carcass in 100 degree weather

Reverse racism would be acceptance.
Guest nra37922

MS(BS)NBC News Flash 6 June 2013

George Zimmerman found guilty of per-mediated murder in the death of Trayvon Martin.  Oh wait the trial hasn't started yet, bummer....

Well... raise my rent. Looks like the Z man passed a lie detector test as well...

http://www.guns.com/2013/06/07/george-zimmerman-passed-lie-detector-after-killing-trayvon-martin/

Well I watched his video, where he explained to investigators (at the scene) exactly what happened & I was watching him very closely for the tell-tale signs of deception.

IMHO he was very credible up until one part, which I noticed a couple suspicious involuntary body indicators that would indicate a possible attempt on his part for deception, that was during the "struggle for the firearm" specifically the part where Trayvon snatched at it first.

Other than that I found his "testimony" to be very credible.

If the stress detector passed him though, I'll defer to the machine, which is far more accurate than my simple observation of his video testimony.

Actually, if he was only truthful about Trayvon's attack, the rest probably doesn't matter.

That was what I thought too, I literally cringed when I saw that part of the video, thinking to myself "you fool! There is no reason to be deceptive at this point!"

I understood why he might had wanted to cover his butt by saying that, but IMHO Zimmerman was well within his right to draw his weapon at that point, no reason to say Trayvon grabbed for it first.

Even if Trayvon probably did try to keep Zimmerman from shooting him by wrestling for the gun, I *believe* it was Zimmerman who probably went for the weapon first.

But if the machine detected no deception during that point of his testimony, than I have to defer to the machine's findings.
Alright, someone refresh my memory about polygraphs, I knew one time but that was several years ago when I took criminology. Isn't it something like they're admissible in court, but they can't be used solely to convict or find not guilty?

Alright, someone refresh my memory about polygraphs, I knew one time but that was several years ago when I took criminology. Isn't it something like they're admissible in court, but they can't be used solely to convict or find not guilty?

Left up to the state, by federal ruling.

Dunno what fed's ruling is for federal cases.

- OS

I really just posted it for our friends that believe Z is guilty of murder. Who knows if it can be used in court.

Got ya. I don't doubt he's innocent of murder, but wether or not he'll get railroaded in court I don't know

I don't know of anyplace where lie detector tests are admissible as evidence in court but maybe there are states/counties where they are.  Based on what I have read I think law enforcement agencies, DAs, defense attorneys, etc will use them in an investigation and/or to throw some doubt into the mess but I think that's about it.

Many years ago I took a lie detector test as part of the hiring process (for a part time job no less)...it was an interesting process to say the least but the whole machine and electrodes sort of felt very "unsophisticated" or like something out of the 30's or 40's.   Even so, I suspect that an operator who is really good at it probably can detect when a person is telling the truth!

Even so, I suspect that an operator who is really good at it probably can detect when a person is telling the truth!

I pretty much feel this way too, especially someone trained to read people. To your point about the test throwing doubt into the equation, I say based on the letter of the law, a doubt is all that should be needed to equal a not guilty Edited by KKing

In Florida the Polygraph can be admitted as evidence, but in order to do so both the prosecution and the defense have to agree to allow it.  Since it does nothing to benefit the prosecution then you can pretty much guarantee that it will never be admitted.  

• Like 1

In Florida the Polygraph can be admitted as evidence, but in order to do so both the prosecution and the defense have to agree to allow it.  Since it does nothing to benefit the prosecution then you can pretty much guarantee that it will never be admitted.  

Since they're much more concerned about a win than getting at the truth.

• Like 2
Guest RedLights&Sirens
Does anyone know when the last reported burglaries in GZs neighborhood were prior to this event? And if there were any afterwards? Just curious.
Guest PapaB

Does anyone know when the last reported burglaries in GZs neighborhood were prior to this event? And if there were any afterwards? Just curious.

An interesting question. I've not heard the answer but hope someone has.

Don’t know, but the housing complex settled a lawsuit with Martins family that is rumored to be over a million dollars. My guess would be they have some real security there now.

• Like 1