Troubling news for the Trayvon Martin camp

Spots, I apologize! I simply take great offense when any American attempts to protray themselves as a victim.

It'll be a cold day in hell before I act or portray myself as a victim. Im simply tired of it being rubbed in my face. You have the NAACP, BET, United Negro College fund, scholarships for any and all miniorites, relegions and sexual orientations. You have assocations for every race, color, creed and relegion. Except for white Christian. I don't really care if your black, white, hispanic, asain, straight, gay, muslim, atheist, catholic, whatever. I didn't own slaves, and I don't burn crosses. I owe no one an apology. You leave me alone, I'lll leave you alone. This race shit has to stop, and this is exactly what they have turned this in to. This trial will receive national attention simply because a white male shot a black male. And thats bullshit

Sent from the backwoods of Nowhere

• Like 5

This is what most people are over looking. How far do you have to run from a stranger following you? What if Martin were a women who knew that she would eventually be caught and over powered? At some point, if you feel that you can't get away you must confront the threat. I've been in a similar situation where my fight or flight response took over. I fought and disengaged until I could get assistance....

I respectfully disagree.

"Confronting" is one thing; starting a physical confrontation that did not have to happen is not confronting; it's assault.

I've "confronted" a person who I though was intent on doing "something" bad to me and I warned him off...pretty forcefully warned him off as a matter of fact...thankfully, he took the hint and went away. I don't know what he really had on his mind but at least it turned out well.  However, I sure as hell wasn't going to assault this guy and start some kind of fist fight just because he was approaching me. Doing that would have been both illegal (I believe) and monumentally stupid.

Based on what I've heard and read, Trayvon could "get away" and did not need to confront Zimmerman. He certainly did not have to get into a physical confrontation with Martin but, it seems to me that's exactly what he freely chose to do and he paid for that choice with his life...unfortunate but not surprising and not homicide on Zimmerman's part..

• Like 1
Who really cares, both got or are getting what they deserved. Travon was turning into a thug quickly. I will remind you Travon was with his grandmother because he had gotten suspended from school. I hope his father is proud, his father posed for pictures with him both dressed and acting like thugs. Now George Zimmerman was a ***** wanting to be a cop. Let him hang.

Who really cares, both got or are getting what they deserved. Travon was turning into a thug quickly. I will remind you Travon was with his grandmother because he had gotten suspended from school. I hope his father is proud, his father posed for pictures with him both dressed and acting like thugs. Now George Zimmerman was a ***** wanting to be a cop. Let him hang.

So is anyone who wants to protect his neighborhood from crooks and maybe joins a Neighborhood Watch with other neighbors a *****wanting to be a cop (or is it only the "white-Hispanics" that are)???

I always thought such people were good neighbors trying to look out for each other   :shrug:

Edited by RobertNashville
  • Like 1
Guest nra37922

Facts

1)  TM actual teenage years and behavior are being sanitized by the press and the prosecutors.  Past behavior should be allowed into the court as it builds a story of motivation of actions

2)  GZ is a white Hispanic and not the racist white male bogey man that the race baiters are trying to hang their hats on.

3)  The only true American victim is the American Indian.  The rest of the of "I am a victim"  boo frickin hooers can stuff it where the sun doesn't shine.

So is anyone who wants to protect his neighborhood from crooks and maybe joins a Neighborhood Watch with other neighbors a *****wanting to be a cop (or is it only the "white-Hispanics" that are)???

I always thought such people were good neighbors trying to look out for each other   :shrug:

No, you should not put yourself into a situation of danger. Be a witness from a safe place. What if Travon was a real criminal? He would have shot George for just looking at him. As a police officer I have seen too many people try to do too much and get hurt or go to jail themselves.
  • Like 2

No, you should not put yourself into a situation of danger. Be a witness from a safe place. What if Travon was a real criminal? He would have shot George for just looking at him. As a police officer I have seen too many people try to do too much and get hurt or go to jail themselves.

So...it's bad for Zimmerman to "put himself in danger" by trying to protect his neighborhood? I guess we should just hide in our homes and hope the thugs break into someone else's house.

You are right, Trayvon wan't a real criminal...he was just an up and coming one...that's why he attacked Zimmerman instead of just putting a cap in his ass. 

• Like 2

So...it's bad for Zimmerman to "put himself in danger" by trying to protect his neighborhood? I guess we should just hide in our homes and hope the thugs break into someone else's house.

You are right, Trayvon wan't a real criminal...he was just an up and coming one...that's why he attacked Zimmerman instead of just putting a cap in his ass.

I agree on your TM opinion. Here is the deal with George though. First George should have blended in and TM should not have even known George even existed. Next, George had every right to do everything he did but he got in too deep, remember the rule don't go anywhere with a firearm you wouldn't go without one. This means in this situation to not get overly competinent. A thug does not care if your a watch captain of NW or even a cop. I have no sympathy for people who pay the consequences of their stupidity.
Let this be a lesson to us all, be a good witness form a safe place or take photos. Don't even get in a situation where you may need to defend yourself. Don't even give a criminal any reason to believe you exist. A real criminal will kill you to eliminate a witness.
  • Like 1
Guest nra37922

Sometimes having a gun with you can be a curse IF you allow yourself to feel safer than you really are.  That dark, scary dangerous alley doesn't change just because you are now carrying.  I just wonder what GZ would have done differently, if anything, had he not been armed. 

Sometimes having a gun with you can be a curse IF you allow yourself to feel safer than you really are.  That dark, scary dangerous alley doesn't change just because you are now carrying.  I just wonder what GZ would have done differently, if anything, had he not been armed. 

Probably nothing...he would just likely be dead or would have spent a good while in the hospital after getting beaten up by Trayvon. 

I guess I should head over to the projects and start yelling ni**er to every black person I see. Since that isn't illegal to do (protected under the first amendment) I should be good. Then I get to shoot the first person who tries to kick my ass (since assault is illegal)'and I'm protected under the right to self defense. Apparently if the only thing that matters is whether or not I'm breaking the law when the confrontation happens I should be good to go, right? Really awesome too since there are all kinds of "thugs" on that side of town. Y'all wish me luck, I'm gonna go hunt some darkies.
  • Like 2

3)  The only true American victim is the American Indian.  The rest of the of "I am a victim"  boo frickin hooers can stuff it where the sun doesn't shine.

I'll agree with that. I'll agree with your statement about past behavior as long as we look at both individuals past.

I guess I should head over to the projects and start yelling ni**er to every black person I see. Since that isn't illegal to do (protected under the first amendment) I should be good. Then I get to shoot the first person who tries to kick my ass (since assault is illegal)'and I'm protected under the right to self defense. Apparently if the only thing that matters is whether or not I'm breaking the law when the confrontation happens I should be good to go, right? Really awesome too since there are all kinds of "thugs" on that side of town. Y'all wish me luck, I'm gonna go hunt some darkies.

In such a scenario, you would be committing a crime, most likely disorderly conduct. Not the same thing.

Good point.

It's amazing how so few people with strong feelings in that regard rarely attempt this action.

Actually calling someone that is awfully close to civil rights intimidation, a class E Felony. If the act is provoked by any form of violence or threats you are done.

Actually calling someone that is awfully close to civil rights intimidation, a class E Felony. If the act is provoked by any form of violence or threats you are done.

Yeah...calling someone a name violates their civil rights...ain't that wonderful.  Of course, it's only a violation for some special groups of people...Tea Party folks can be called every disgusting name in the books but our civil rights aren't being violated...no sir...we'er just supposed to hold our tough or if we speak, say "thank you sir may I have another". ;)