What song do you absolutely loathe?

mav

Layla, the original version by Derek and the Dominoes. 

The opening riff is excellent and iconic.  The never-ending dueling guitar solo garbage at the end is freakin' horrible.  I love Eric Clapton's music and Duane Allman's music, but the two of them playing totally uncoordinated solos over the top of one another in the same register is just awful. 

The acoustic version Clapton later recorded at an "MTV Unplugged" session is excellent. 

Smells like teen spirit by nirvana
Dragula by rob zombie

These two song are on the top of my list. I booed a stripper that danced to dragula and was asked to leave.

I will agree nickelback is terrible, but I seen them once and they did two rage against the machine covers that were awesome.

K, gotta ask, WHY??? This song is awesome BUT that is my own opinion I suppose.

Ok ok I decided my first post was way too vague and I need to actually name a song. I think number one on my list would be *Honky Tonk Badonkadonk by Trace Adkins*. It makes me want to drown puppies and I really, really like puppies Edited by KKing

Ok ok I decided my first post was way too vague and I need to actually name a song. I think number one on my list would be *Honky Tonk Badonkadonk by Trace Adkins*.

Yes, Trace Adkins is the Jeffery Dahlmer of country music. This song is the reason I rarely listen to country music radio anymore with the exception of outlaw country on XM.
  • Like 1

Ok ok I decided my first post was way too vague and I need to actually name a song. I think number one on my list would be *Honky Tonk Badonkadonk by Trace Adkins*. It makes me want to drown puppies and I really, really like puppies

But the video is awesome!  That's what the mute button is for.

While in college, a roommate and I had a class break from 12-2.  We'd go back to our dorm, turn on CMT, mute it, and turn Rush on the radio.  Made for a nice lunch break. 

hmm lots of different stuff in here lol!

rob zombie... I dislike the man, he is either actually satanic or using it for the money (both ways are pretty much evil anyway).  But that is one of 3 that I can rock out to anyway.   I also like living dead girl and the older one that is a tribute to bladerunner (forget the name, more human than human song).

The monkeys ARE retarded Beatles.  Literally --- they were a parody of them but their music was liked well enough they morphed into a real band after a time.

I also hate time of my life (dirty dancing song).  I did not even see the movie until decades later.  Actually, anything cetera sang is awful, that one is simply extra awful because of overplay and, if you had the misfortune of watching the movie, it brings up disturbing mental images. 

I also hate maggie may and that is pure overplay.  I like about 1/4 of rod's stuff well enough. 

american pie is awesome --- once.  It is too long, the guys in it died before I was born and that is starting to mean it was a pretty long ass time ago.  I much prefer the star wars version, which is equally well done.

The doors ... I like jim's voice but, well the 70s were hard on everyone.  They serve as a good example of the period, where the music is worthless to anyone NOT stoned on something very hard, in this case, LSD is required.

I also hate time of my life (dirty dancing song). I did not even see the movie until decades later. Actually, anything cetera sang is awful, that one is simply extra awful because of overplay and, if you had the misfortune of watching the movie, it brings up disturbing mental images.

Haha, my wife and I are the antithesis to this. We listen to Peter Cetera radio on pandora when we're having drinks around the fire pit, and any time that Time of Your life comes on the radio in the car we duet to it.... mostly to annoy our son, but we do get wrapped up in the nostalgia.
  • Like 1

That one song by Nickleback, and by "one song" I mean all of them. They are all the same song and they are all just horrifically terrible.

That is the way I felt/feel about 'The White Stripes'.  Most Overrated Band Ever.  I actually kind of like some Nickleback songs.  Sometimes.  As long as I don't have to hear them too frequently.

Edited by JAB
  • Like 1

Also can't stand most any Eric Clapton cover. He has almost come close to ruining J.J Cale for me. Almost.

One of the worst songs of all time, IMO, is Clapton's craptastic, pseudo-reggae cover of Bob Dylan's "Knocking on Heaven's Door" (the Dylan version of which remains one of my favorite songs.)  Dylan should kick Clapton in the nuts - repeatedly - for that.  Then he should kick him one more time for his (Clapton's) cover of Dylan's "Don't Think Twice, It's Alright."

I will agree nickelback is terrible, but I seen them once and they did two rage against the machine covers that were awesome.

Just about the only way to make any Rage Against the Machine song tolerable would be to have someone else cover it.  Their music might have been okay.  When the band got together with Chris Cornell to form Audioslave, they made some pretty good songs.  I have heard a few tunes that Tom Morello has done under the pseudonym 'The Nightwatchman' and really liked them - especially the one he did with Ben Harper (Harper is one of the best musicians currently out there, IMO.)  I can never tell how good the music is (or isn't) on a Rage Against the Machine track, though, because I can't get past Zach de la Rocha's yelling.  Not singing.  Not even rapping.  Just yelling. 

There are plenty of bands/songs I don't like.  However, if I think of a song that I absolutely 'loathe', the first thing that comes to mind is Rock Lobster by the B52s.  I wish that song were a person so I could punch it in the face.

Edited by JAB

In the Arms of an Angel,  jeez I hate that song. Hated it long before the abused puppies/cats commercials.

And She's like the Wind by Patrick Swayze.    Makes me wanna barf.

I am forced to hear these abominations while at work.

But all of that is balanced out by Cyndi Lauper songs,  arguably the greatest female pop star of the 80's  

Edited by Mike.357

In the Arms of an Angel,  jeez I hate that song. Hated it long before the abused puppies/cats commercials.

And She's like the Wind by Patrick Swayze.    Makes me wanna barf.

I am forced to hear these abominations while at work.

But all of that is balanced out by Cyndi Lauper songs,  arguably the greatest female pop star of the 80's  

A she bopper huh?  That explains much.  LOL!