Awesome Slap to PC

It sure gives a person hope in the next generation.

sure does!

I'd like to meet his parents, so I could tell them what a fine young man they've raised. Clearly the village and the school system failed to brainwash this one.
  • Like 1

It does take courage for a young man like that to stand up for his beliefs. But, just to play devil's advocate, I wonder if you guys would be heaping the same praise on him if he had rolled out a mat and prayed facing Mecca.

It does take courage for a young man like that to stand up for his beliefs. But, just to play devil's advocate, I wonder if you guys would be heaping the same praise on him if he had rolled out a mat and prayed facing Mecca.

No I wouldn't. Christians are quickly becoming one of the most persecuted groups in America. If he was a muslim there would be 1k's of liberal groups backing him up. I would support his freedom to do so, but I would know he did it knowing the country wouldn't dare badmouth a minority, where as this young man is a white, Christian male, quickly become the most hated kind of people in America.
Sent from the backwoods of Nowhere

• Like 7

sure does!

I'd like to meet his parents, so I could tell them what a fine young man they've raised. Clearly the village and the school system failed to brainwash this one.

I agree. Anytime I see a well behaved or otherwise stand up child in public with his/her parents I try to take a moment to praise not only the child but the parents as well. I think folks need to be acknowledged and praised when they are doing a good job. Not that they should need my approval but in this day in age it would be easy to relax and "let kids be kids" and there's just to many negative influences to back off on raisings. My wife and I are starting to plan for having a child and I hope that I can be the kinds of parents mine are and obviously this kids are.

I'm ignorant of Mecca? If you are re referring to an Islamic prayer then you can bet your tail he would receive no praise from me. He also would not receive any hate from me though.

No I wouldn't. Christians are quickly becoming one of the most persecuted groups in America. If he was a muslim there would be 1k's of liberal groups backing him up. I would support his freedom to do so, but I would know he did it knowing the country wouldn't dare badmouth a minority, where as this young man is a white, Christian male, quickly become the most hated kind of people in America.

Agreed, it's pretty bad when I have to fear telling people what faith I belong to.

Guest PapaB

The article says "he ripped up his pre-approved speech". I'm sure it was the school authorities that pre-approved that speech. I'm glad he rejected it for one approved by a much higher authority. That young man will do well in life.

I was thinking the EXACT same thing yesterday. The land of tolerance except for white Christian men. 

Agreed, it's pretty bad when I have to fear telling people what faith I belong to.

You shouldn't. Who cares what someone else thinks of your faith?

On another note, I think there are folks of every faith, or non-faith, in the US that might say the same thing. Despite what the media says, Christians dominate this country; just not the media and Hollywood. I think if folks got away from feeling like victims and were unapologetically who they are we could get along a little better... well, that presupposes that folks who are unapologetically who they are respect folks who are unapologetically who THEY are. Not likely, me thinks.

If you believe the mainstream media and C.A.I.R., I'd scream vulgar anti-Muslim epitaphs and demand the terrorist be removed from the ceremony...b/c that's what all white male Christians would do, right?

No I would not. Here's why:

Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son. If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into [your] house, neither bid him God speed: For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

There is only one true "religion" if you want to call it that.  And that is in the belief that Jesus Christ is Lord.  Anything else is false. Oh...and I'll not argue the point.

Edited by Randall53