Santa Monica College Shooting

Amazed this hasn't been mentioned here yet, happened on Friday, looked around, did I miss it?

6 or so dead, more wounded, AR-15 or rifle "similar to one", beau coup ammo, like 1300 rounds in this report.

Sounds like lots of shots fired, few hits.

"John Samir Zawahri", I'll go out on a limb and opine that he probably wasn't a Southern Baptist or anything.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/santa-monica-shootings-father-daughter-victims/story?id=19359338#.UbV4i9hIXZc

Should be plenty of fresh news by the time y'all read this.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

As I watched the news on TV they were showing a quick video of the guns the shooter had. One caught my attention so after looking a little on line I found this...

evidence_5.jpg

So is this a BP pistol? Or a BP pistol converted to modern ammo with one of those extra cylinders. Don't think I've ever seen one turn up in a crime scene before. Also noted what looked like a pistol mag in one of the photos, but haven't seen mention of any handgun.

I'm guessing some in his family were not as devout as others and they paid the price. Apparently his mother is "out of the country" and can't be reached. Wonder which country she's in?

Guest RedLights&Sirens
I was impressed they said load bearing vest and not bullet proof vest but then went on to read "assault rifle" and "high capacity" magazines. At least it didnt say clips, I guess.

Anyways how did this happen, I thought guns were illegal in California and especially on college campus?

On the subject of .44's, I think I need one. Its about the only handgun ammo in stock that I can find these days

the news is wrong.   Guns are not legal at a college in CA so clearly that did not happen.  Also they mention an assault rifle, which is banned in CA --- an assault rifle being defined by its grip, stock, and plastic doodads + the magazine, all of which are banned and required to be rendered inoperable in CA.   There were numerous other gun control laws that were broken as well.  

All I can come up with, since gun control prevents these sorts of shootings, is that the media is playing a joke on us and that this never happened.  

Now, a BP pistol with a capacity of 3 or less is legal in CA, so that may be plausible however he still would have turned around and gone home at the campus due to not being allowed to have it there.

• Like 1
This story and the media coverage is why I'm certain an AR15 was never used in Newtown. The very first security footage was of the bad guy with a scary black rifle. Footage never surfaced in Newtown of the bad guy because an assault rifle was never used but was left in his trunk and discovered that night.

Anyway more gun laws equal less gun crime right? Edited by bigwakes
Odd to see a BP revolver being used in a shooting rampage, especially considering all of the other weapons & ammunition that the shooter seemed to have access too.

I'm sure it would be coincidence (and not pre-planning) if some new piece of legislation was introduced to restrict BP guns the same as modern guns in the aftermath of this.
  • Like 1

Odd to see a BP revolver being used in a shooting rampage, especially considering all of the other weapons & ammunition that the shooter seemed to have access too.

I'm sure it would be coincidence (and not pre-planning) if some new piece of legislation was introduced to restrict BP guns the same as modern guns in the aftermath of this.

I think you're on to something. I'm guessing by end of the week.

• Like 1
the part of 20 magazines 1800 rounds so if Thay where 30 round mags that's 600 rounds not 1800 rounds,, and yet again no one could defend there selves because of a gun free zone and a gun free state. Hummmm !!! Edited by ted
Said thay where tracing the ser number to find out where it came from because it was against the LAW to have it , prob get hush hushed prob some of the firearms that went to Mexico from the big border scandal you know the one that all the guns was given to the drug gangs and made its way back across the border to cal . This will prob be one that can finally be traced back.

Damn. Now they are going to outlaw the Kentucky Rifle hanging over my fireplace.

I don't know about that but they'll probably try to outlaw buying them over the internet and having one shipped right to your door.

• Like 1

Its sad the the real people of Kalefornia are reaping the bitter harvest of letting the ultra-rich leftist and euro-weenies run the state.  I'm like some other posters; this couldn't have happend in Klalefornia; it is a peoples paradise where utopia and nirvana have been attained.  How then, could a nice guy like this "John Samir Zawahri" do such a heinous thing to such nice people?  

Could it be jhadism?  Is there trouble in the "people's paradise"? 

My bet is that we'll never know,  The kalefornia statists cant afford to tell the truth about this one.   I say (...like one of my 24 year old's buddies is fond of sayin...) "....If you like that, keep right on likin it.  Get all of it ya can stand...".

No wonder that folks are leaving there.

leroy

They had a picture of an upper-half of a AR. Don't know what he planned on doing with that.

I'm really surprised this one isn't getting the total news freak out.

The news report I saw about the event said he had the upper receiver for an 'automatic weapon'. Sigh. Edited by superduty