Weed, fights and guns: Trayvon Martin’s text messages released

Guest nra37922

What is it with all the quoting and no commenting lately?

I'll comment.  GZ is getting screwed by this political show trial and I hope the jury see it as it is.  So I say frick the race baiters that are using TM's death to stir feces up.    Go frickin take on the black on black murders  in Chicago, Memphis, Detroit, Baltimore and your other major welfare cities before you come boo hooing to me about a gangster in training being shot in Sanford, FL.

Edited by nra37922

Kinda like what happened today?:

"Dr. Valerie Rao, who was called by the prosecution to provide her assessment of Zimmerman's injuries based on photos, cast doubt on Zimmerman's claim his head was repeatedly bashed against the pavement as he fought with Martin in the Feb. 26, 2012 incident.

"The injuries are so minor that the word slam implies great force," Rao said in response to questioning by prosecutor John Guy. "There was not great force used here."

Rao said Zimmerman's injuries were not only "not life threatening" but were also "very insignificant." She said the injuries to the back of Zimmerman's head were consistent with hitting the ground but the injuries on his face were from consistent with one punch or strike."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/07/02/detective-returns-to-stand-in-zimmerman-trial/?test=latestnews#ixzz2Xvimhlds

No, not anything close to the same thing at all.

When did Zimmerman lie about his injuries? When did he demand medical treatment that he didn't need in order to avoid making a statement?  When, for that matter did Zimmerman ever refuse to cooperate, even to his possible detriment, with either the responding officers or the investigating officers? The answer would be “he didn’t” or “never”.

The one overriding thing a suspect should NEVER do is lie to law enforcement. If you do lie, it may well not matter at all if you were justified in using deadly force or not.

I've had three head injuries in my life. One required emergency treatment. One left me with headaches and dizziness for weeks. The other left me briefly unconscious. Not one of these three caused injuries as visible as those on Zimmerman's head. Only one of these even bled.

This medical "expert" is a friend of the DA, lives in Jacksonville like the DA, and never saw Zimmerman's injury in anything other than pictures. 

Her testimony smacks of shopping around to get the answer the DA wanted. Regardless, there is NO requirement that Zimmerman suffer a life-threatening injury in order to justifiably claim that he used deadly force be cause he reasonably believed it to be necessary to PREVENT great bodily harm. 

Florida law does not requite that there be an injury. It requires only a reasonable belief that such an injury MIGHT occur without the application of deadly force.

Edited by jgradyc
  • Like 4

Gues what happens when you try that...you get tansported to the hospital where they determine that ther is nothing wrong with you. Now everyone knows you are a liar...guess what the investigaring officers and the DA are going to think?  Gues what will come out at trial?

It's important that a person be cautions of what he says and how he says it but there is one universal truth in this situation; when you do speak TELL THE TRUTH; criminals lie.

A panic attack can cause chest pains.  Is it so strange to think that someone who was just involved in a lethal force incident just might be having a panic attack?  The hospital could verify that the person in question is not having a heart attack but could not say whether or not they had chest pains as the result of a panic attack.  But, hey, I'm probably misusing the word 'panic', right?

• Like 1

There's small things that can cause panic attacks and just sitting there talking to a Dr. in ER can cause your heart rate to come down. (I experienced that last year, not a fun feeling)..

Anyway, read an small blip saying SPD, is preparing for the likely outcome of the trial. Contacting community leaders to ensure that they talk to their people to avoid rioting and BS stuff. Based on that, looks like the SPD Chief is seeing the writing on the wall..

A panic attack can cause chest pains.  Is it so strange to think that someone who was just involved in a lethal force incident just might be having a panic attack?  The hospital could verify that the person in question is not having a heart attack but could not say whether or not they had chest pains as the result of a panic attack.  But, hey, I'm probably misusing the word 'panic', right?

The quote was "suggesting you are having chest pains"; "suggesting" seeming to indicate that you aren't actually having chest pains, just "suggesting" that you are (most people call that lying).  The scene of a SD shooting is not the place to play little gamse with the truth...if you really are having chest pains or experiencing some other medical emergency then fine...ask to go to the hospital; if you aren't then don't or be prepared to be found out to be a liar.

Edited by RobertNashville
  • Like 1

"Dr. Valerie Rao, who was called by the prosecution to provide her assessment of Zimmerman's injuries based on photos, cast doubt on Zimmerman's claim his head was repeatedly bashed against the pavement as he fought with Martin in the Feb. 26, 2012 incident.

"The injuries are so minor that the word slam implies great force," Rao said in response to questioning by prosecutor John Guy. "There was not great force used here."

Rao said Zimmerman's injuries were not only "not life threatening" but were also "very insignificant." She said the injuries to the back of Zimmerman's head were consistent with hitting the ground but the injuries on his face were from consistent with one punch or strike."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/07/02/detective-returns-to-stand-in-zimmerman-trial/?test=latestnews#ixzz2Xvimhlds

Click here for full coverage of the George Zimmerman Trial

Rao said Zimmerman's injuries were not only "not life threatening" but were also "very insignificant." She said the injuries to the back of Zimmerman's head were consistent with hitting the ground but the injuries on his face were from consistent with one punch or strike. 

Under questioning by defense attorney Mark O'Mara, Rao acknowledged she was appointed by state attorney Angela Corey, who is overseeing the prosecution of Zimmerman. She also conceded that while Zimmerman's injuries were consistent with one punch, it does not mean that he was not hit repeatedly.

"Could it of been four times?" O'Mara asked Rao, who replied, "That's not my opinion but it is possible." 

If your going to quote the article use all of it, not just the part that fits your agenda. There has been quite enough of that BS from the news media with this case. :2cents:

No agenda.  Just seemed like a nice seque into yesterday's "action."  The medical expert's testimony has been getting a lot of buzz at my workplace.  Rachel Jeanteal. . . meh. . . not so much. It seems like people are really starting to pay attention now.  I'm not getting the slam-dunk vibe from either side.

Anybody else watching the trolling being done via Skype? Somebody saw the in court skype name, and is calling over and over again interrupting the questioning of a remote witness :)

Yeah I saw it, hilarious. What did they expect since it is being aired live?

Anybody else watching the trolling being done via Skype? Somebody saw the in court skype name, and is calling over and over again interrupting the questioning of a remote witness :)

:rofl: :rock: :stunned:

Par for the course with this case. It only adds to the circus atmosphere of the entire trial.

I don't know about Florida, but here, go to the emergency room with chest pains, and it's a minimum of a 36 hour stay. Plenty of time to get ahold of a lawyer!

Dave

daveS,  since the state is about to rest their case on friday and likely the only witness they have left to call is TM's mother to testify to the screams, do you at this point think they have met the burden of proof for either manslaughter or murder 2.  Not necessarily do you think Z is guilty just do you think the state has provided enough proof beyond reasonable doubt.

Guest nra37922

daveS,  since the state is about to rest their case on friday and likely the only witness they have left to call is TM's mother to testify to the screams, do you at this point think they have met the burden of proof for either manslaughter or murder 2.  Not necessarily do you think Z is guilty just do you think the state has provided enough proof beyond reasonable doubt.

So the prosecution trots out TM mama to say what. "That's my baby crying out  I would recognize that voice in a crowd"  She is going to say that the voice is TM's no matter what.  So why even drag this out?   Please God let this BS end and let GZ get on with his life. 

They have in no way met the burden of proof for murder two. I knew that from the get go. Manslaughter? Maybe....if their lucky!

Dave

You CAN'T prove it, and neither can the prosecutors. 

Apparently some folks are watching a different trail than I have been...the prosecution's own witnesses have, in some cases, confirmed Zimmerman's recounting of events and none of them have offered anything to disprove Zimmerman's account and we haven't even gotten to the defense's case yet!

Of course, nothing will ever be enough for some people...if they either want/believe Zimmerman is guilty there isn't anything that's going to change their minds.