Weed, fights and guns: Trayvon Martin’s text messages released

Yes, the Judge can, unlikely, but possible.  I believe it's normal for the defense to make this request at this point in virtually all trials.

Can the judge acquit without the jury? I'm not watching the trial right now.

Can the judge acquit without the jury? I'm not watching the trial right now.

Yes, that's what the motion is, for acquittal from the bench, making defense presentation or jury deliberation unnecessary.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Moderators

Yes, that's what the motion is, for acquittal from the bench, making defense presentation or jury deliberation unnecessary.

- OS

Nothing good can come from that. I know the boy is innocent, but it needs to go to the jury.

This. A directed verdict would be a bad, bad, bad thing for everyone. A jury must return the not guilty verdict.
Guest nra37922

TM's mama would say that the voice on the tape was TM's even if it was actually the sound of a dog pissing on a fire hydrant.   GZ is not guilty of 2nd degree murder or manslaughter but watch him be screwed anyway.  I have no trust in the jury or judge as this is so political that it isn't even funny.  Jury is going to come back with something just top get the 'monkey' off their back and not be held responsible for any rioting that could go on. 

This. A directed verdict would be a bad, bad, bad thing for everyone. A jury must return the not guilty verdict.

Regardless of the results, it's a bad thing for all, worse if he's found to be not guilty as people will riot and destroy their section of the town.. 

Regardless of the results, it's a bad thing for all, worse if he's found to be not guilty as people will riot and destroy their section of the town..

The jury decision will have nothing to do with the riot that follows it.
  • Like 1
In the toxicology report the ME acknowleged today that he had first believed the marijuana levels in TM were not high enough to be a (behavioral) factor. He stated today that he consulted with an out of town expert and now believed the level was enough to be a factor. This was all stated with the jury absent.

My question is when the defense presents its' case isn't the toxicology report fair game?

And, can't the ME's change of opinion be brought to the jury's attention? After all, I believe, in the jury's presence, the ME stated he now believes TM could have lived from 1 to 10 minutes as opposed to his earlier opinion that he could only have lived 1to 3 minutes.

Thanks.

In the toxicology report the ME acknowleged today that he had first believed the marijuana levels in TM were not high enough to be a (behavioral) factor. He stated today that he consulted with an out of town expert and now believed the level was enough to be a factor. This was all stated with the jury absent.

My question is when the defense presents its' case isn't the toxicology report fair game?

And, can't the ME's change of opinion be brought to the jury's attention? After all, I believe, in the jury's presence, the ME stated he now believes TM could have lived from 1 to 10 minutes as opposed to his earlier opinion that he could only have lived 1to 3 minutes.

Thanks.

I missed this.  I'd think the defense would call another expert to testify to get this in front of the jury. It would discredit the ME.

Oh, and nice avatar!

Edited by jgradyc

I missed this.  I'd think the defense would call another expert to testify to get this in front of the jury. It would discredit the ME.

Oh, and nice avatar!

Oh, the ME did a fine job of discrediting himself.  :rofl:

I was under the impression that the defense could not bring the toxicology report to the jury's attention. 

• Like 1
Guest Lester Weevils

I feel they will riot regardless.

You are most likely correct, unfortunately.

I don't follow sports, but even in the USA, don't we nowadays routinely experience urban "victory riots" when the local favorite sports team WINS? So maybe even if ZMan is convicted, there could be VICTORY RIOTS?

If Zim is convicted it will be sort of an opposite nullification by jury.

There is simply and absolutely no preponderance of evidence that his actions were anything but self defense, so even if he's found guilty of some lesser charge, it will be an emotional verdict rather than a logical one, and in this case the "judgement by one's peers" principle will have miserably failed.

- OS

• Like 1

Oh, the ME did a fine job of discrediting himself. :rofl:

I was under the impression that the defense could not bring the toxicology report to the jury's attention.

What it seems to me.... State can bring in Zimmerman's kindergarten scribbling to use but defense cannot use TM drugs or fighting history.
The judge pretty adamantly said today the tox report with THC levels could not be introduced.

Funny thing is TM Mom can be in the court house, but GZ mom can't, how can that not sway her testimony? The whole trial is a sham.. if he looses he will win in appeal and then he needs to just nuke all of the idiots that did caused the sham trial.. But one of them is already, going to get locked up soon.. 

Edited by Joseg