Options for IWB M&P .40 (full size)

• Moderators
The tops for an IWB would be a hybrid style holster. Whether you choose the Crossbreed, Galco King Tuk, Tucker's The Answer, Desantis Intruder, Kholster or the myriad of other versions, the leather/kydex hybrid is the most comfortable IWB holster style I have used.

The tops for an IWB would be a hybrid style holster. Whether you choose the Crossbreed, Galco King Tuk, Tucker's The Answer, Desantis Intruder, Kholster or the myriad of other versions, the leather/kydex hybrid is the most comfortable IWB holster style I have used.

I have heard Crossbreed mentioned a lot. I assume some or all of these would be available at most local gun shops? I'm off work tomorrow and was wanting to check some out.
Oh, and thanks for the response Chuck.

I have a couple IWB's for my M&P's so far i think the most comfortable/easy to conceal is my comptac minotaur.

I have a crossbreed for another pistol that i also find to be at the same level of comfort and concealment.

If your on a budget but are capable of forming kydex yourself the old faithful holster kits are a pretty good buy and usually ship pretty fast.

• Like 1
I just watched a few videos on the Super Tuck. Overall outstanding reviews, with a few comments on removing some leather around the mag release for the M&P's because the leather was hitting and releasing the mag (on occasion). If it is that comfortable and durable as it is reported, I don't have a problem removing some leather around the mag release. I think someone even said they had a version with the hole already removed.

I got the 'assemble yourself' hybrid from Old Faithful during one of their sales, it's pretty comfortable. I wanted a small profile holster and got a Slimline for my FS 9mm from Randy at Crossfire Holsters. I love it. Conceals really well and doesn't take up much space. I ordered a j clip with it and like it better than the loop.

Not so great pics

ATT_1358109760876_image_zps1d4f6a6e.jpg

image_zps9047239e.jpg

• Like 1

I've never noticed it moving on me. If you:re asking about cant.it's pretty much a straight drop. I can get a little forward cant with it though. The clips I got are for a deeper ride. Haven't had any trouble with it feeling top heavy.

Gotcha. Thanks for the info. Hopefully someone has something in stock I like tomorrow. If not, I will do some more research and order one. I like to put my hands on something before I buy it, but may have to do the online thing anyway.

I know what you mean. If you were closer I'd be more than happy to let you take it for a test drive.

Offer much appreciated. I will post up what I get if I find something, for the next guy down the line with the same issue.
I know there are cheaper options but I still prefer Raven Concealment. I just got my second holster from them for a Glock 22 with tlr-1. I'm amazed how well it conceals even with the weapon light and I'm only 5'10" 165lbs. I daily carry a Glock 19 with tlr-3 in a Raven and love it. Plus you have tons of mounting options and now they have quick ship items you can get in about a week.
  • Like 1

I still like my DM Bullard.  Worth a look if you want all leather.  Not as thin as a hybrid I guess but again, I wanted something all leather myself.  See my post from long ago for a review.

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/topic/30355-dm-bullard-dual-carry-holster-fs-mp40/?hl=+bullard%20+m

If you want to test drive mine and you get to Nashville enough to work out a meet, shoot me a PM.

• Like 1

I have both the D.M. Bullard and the Supertuck for my M&P compact. I hate Kydex and try to stick with leather holsters. I think the D.M. Bullard is far superior than the Crossbreed, but of course it costs about twice as much. However, it gets used and the crossbreed does not.

The holster that gets used most of the time for my full size is a Don Hume, but it is an OWB thumb break not an IWB.

The Don Hume and the supertuck have an open end so I can use either my compact or Fullsize, the D.M. Bullard is closed and I can only use my compact in it.

DMBULLARD_MP40C348web.jpg

Supertuck-004web.jpg

MPDonHume1.jpg

+1 for Raven Concealment Systems and their Phantom OWB. 

I've had one for my Glock 19 since 2008.  It conceals OWB better than most IWB rigs.   My usual CCW emsemble (until I discovered AIWB) was the Phantom at 4:30(ish), an extra mag on my belt on my opposite hip, and holding it all up was a Wilderness Frequent Flyer belt.  Worked just fine with a t-shirt and shorts in the summer months as it did with more clothing in the cooler times of the year.

I've recently gone to AIWB.  Right now, my primary holster is the Dale Fricke Archangel, and its alternate is the Vanguard 2 (sold by RCS).  I've been carrying my full-size G17 more and more, as full-size guns seem to work (conceal) better AIWB than the mid-size guns (this can be mitigated by say, using a G17 holster with a G19 or a G26).

Anyway, HTH.  I'm going to pick up a full-size M&P at some point, too.  Great guns.

CA makes a real good point here.  40SW turned me on to these holsters:

If your on a budget but are capable of forming kydex yourself the old faithful holster kits are a pretty good buy and usually ship pretty fast.

I got the "kit" with the kydex forming already done.  It took all of about 15 minutes to put these holsters together (...i have three...).  Cost, from $40 to $49 dollars delivered to my door.  I like them better than the cross breeds because they are put together with screws instead of rivets.  The materials are great.   Im sittin on the corner of the couch at the house with one on now; varryin my beloved p238.  Cant hardly tell it's on.

leroy

Look at Dale Fricke (http://dalefrickeholsters.com/)

I carry a G17 99.9% of the time and I carry it IWB. I normally carry it in a customized Fricke Archangel that has been modified with 2 sets of holes to adjust the cant any way I want it. The archangel normally comes set up for straight up and down carry only. The new holster called the Nehemiah is set up for standard FBI cant.