What do you think? Islamic beliefs entering public school.

Guest Skyline034

Guest Skyline034
http://bradleycountynews.wordpress.com/2013/08/09/tennessee-5-pillars-of-islam-replace-10-commandments-in-public-school-tolerance-reigns-supreme/

This is unbelievable to me. If I were the parent of a child in Robertson County it would be hard to silence my voice on this matter!

Neither should be in the school, but they absolutely should not allow one and not the other.  I don't suspect it will be up long.  I think the bigger problem is the same people complaining probably want the 10 Commandments up and not the whatever the Islam one's are.  Can't have it both ways, either they all need to go up or none need to go up.

Edited by Hozzie
  • Like 4

Neither should be in the school, but they absolutely should not allow one and not the other.  I don't suspect it will be up long.  I think the bigger problem is the same people complaining probably want the 10 Commandments up and not the whatever the Islam one's are.  Can't have it both ways.

THIS +1

Try this:
Someone can go to a board meeting w a poster that's says:
Ifyou steal. Ill cut your fng hand off
If you lie ill gag you or cut your throat
If you sleep with another man ill stone u to death
You must not bathe for a month
You will kill anyone that doesn't agree with the above

Now as ignorant and harsh as this sounds, this is what happens in the countries that have a populous majority that live by the 5 rules posted on the wall tell the school board you want to post the above on the other side of the hallway. When they say no make them move to take it all down or leave what was up there first. I believe it's ducked for any school to promote Islamic anything in public school. They don't like it? Build a private school that caters to captain crunch lucky charms or whatever the new immigrant belief is. This is why private schools thrive today Edited by Dustbuster
Guest TankerHC

This doesn't surprise me one bit. The Muslim Brotherhood is now funding entire school districts. School Districts in New York City. The teachers and administrators say its benign. The teachers commented about 2 weeks ago that it gives their students a chance to do something they otherwise wouldn't have a chance to do. in exchange for the funding, the students are taught a foreign language. That language is Arabic. After graduation, they can go overseas and attend Madrasas for free.

Tuscon Arizona just accepted $465,000 last week with more promised. They took it from a charity, the charity is funded by the Muslim Brotherhood. The "chance to do things" are entirely the same.

First off, that article is so rife with falsehoods it would take all day to weed through it to individually debunk it. Let us just admit that the article was written with emotion rather than fact. I would have respect for this story as being newsworthy if it didnt have so much biased misinformation. I think it would stand fine on its own if we just focused on the fact that Islamic posters were put up and Christian posters were taken down. But we don't know that as fact, do we?

Trust me, I wholeheartedly disagree with one religion being promoted over another in a public run institution. I don't, however, have ANY problem with children of ANY faith expressing their religion in school so long as it doesn't interfere with the education of others. I went to a small high school where we held prayer every morning before class in the quad. It wasn't compulsory, but there we posters in the hallway all the time for bible study and special religious events and holidays. If there was an Islamic club I wouldn't have any problem with them doing the same. I'm not going to flip my lid over this one since the article is so obviously biased and designed to elicit emotions as opposed to reporting fact, which makes the rest of the information in the story suspect. If the school is not allowing Christian based organizations to do the same the let's get the pitchforks. Let's see what the school says about it.

Try this:
Someone can go to a board meeting w a poster that's says:
Ifyou steal. Ill cut your fng hand off
If you lie ill gag you or cut your throat
If you sleep with another man ill stone u to death
You must not bathe for a month
You will kill anyone that doesn't agree with the above

I think that's an argument we don't want to make. There are more than just the Ten Commandments. There's many, many more as I'm sure you know. If we go down that list, and acknowledge the punishment for some of those offenses, it makes the examples you have above look pretty mild. I'm on no way endorsing Islam, but you need to understand many of the same arguments we make about the Quran being full of stories about bloodthirsty savages can be made about the Old Testament. It's a losing argument. How about we just focus on equal freedoms of religious expression for everyone, regardless of what some sheep rapers on the other side of the planet are doing in the name of theirs?
  • Like 3

Religion of any kind has no place in public school except for possibly a religious studies class. That is for parents and church to teach, not public schools.

How about this...why have public schools at all?

It should be the PARENTS' responsibility to educate their children; either by their own efforts at home or by sending them to private schools...it's not the responsibility of the country to educate every child just because two bio donors got together...schools have become nothing more than daycare facilities and indoctrination centers and most kids who graduate high school today couldn't pass a basic exam given to an 8th grader 50 years ago.

Edited by RobertNashville
  • Like 4
Guest TankerHC

First off, that article is so rife with falsehoods it would take all day to weed through it to individually debunk it. Let us just admit that the article was written with emotion rather than fact. I would have respect for this story as being newsworthy if it didnt have so much biased misinformation. I think it would stand fine on its own if we just focused on the fact that Islamic posters were put up and Christian posters were taken down. But we don't know that as fact, do we?

Trust me, I wholeheartedly disagree with one religion being promoted over another in a public run institution. I don't, however, have ANY problem with children of ANY faith expressing their religion in school so long as it doesn't interfere with the education of others. I went to a small high school where we held prayer every morning before class in the quad. It wasn't compulsory, but there we posters in the hallway all the time for bible study and special religious events and holidays. If there was an Islamic club I wouldn't have any problem with them doing the same. I'm not going to flip my lid over this one since the article is so obviously biased and designed to elicit emotions as opposed to reporting fact, which makes the rest of the information in the story suspect. If the school is not allowing Christian based organizations to do the same the let's get the pitchforks. Let's see what the school says about it.

Try these

http://news.yahoo.com/tucson-schools-465-000-arab-charity-muslim-brotherhood-160205984.html

http://www.wnd.com/2012/05/muslim-brotherhood-infiltrates-u-s-public-schools/

http://dailycaller.com/2013/07/03/tucson-schools-to-take-465000-from-arab-charity-with-muslim-brotherhood-ties/

http://brian-therightperspective.blogspot.com/2012/05/nyc-public-school-requires-arabic.html

http://creepingsharia.wordpress.com/2013/07/08/tucson-schools-get-grant-from-islamic-charity-tied-to-muslim-brotherhood/

Lol, some of those links are as "Fair and Balanced" as Fox News is.  A "creeping sharia" wordpress site?

danziger.jpg

School is for knowledge and not faith.  You want religion in school, pay to send them to a private school.  

How about this...why have public schools at all?

It should be the PARENTS' responsibility to educate their children; either by their own efforts at home or by sending them to private schools...it's not the responsibility of the country to educate every child just because two bio donors got together...schools have become nothing more than daycare facilities and indoctrination centers and most kids who graduate high school today couldn't pass a basic exam given to an 8th grader 50 years ago.

There is a lot wrong with the public education system, but this is just silly.  A kid can't choose who their parents are, scumbags or otherwise.  So why would we depend on a meth addict to educate their child?  

No religion should be taught in School, except in religions studies classes; whether it's creeping islam, or creeping christianity.

• Like 1
Guest TankerHC

Lol, some of those links are as "Fair and Balanced" as Fox News is.  A "creeping sharia" wordpress site?

danziger.jpg

School is for knowledge and not faith.  You want religion in school, pay to send them to a private school.  

There is a lot wrong with the public education system, but this is just silly.  A kid can't choose who their parents are, scumbags or otherwise.  So why would we depend on a meth addict to educate their child?  

No religion should be taught in School, except in religions studies classes; whether it's creeping islam, or creeping christianity.

SOME are. SOME arent. This was reported on CNN and Fox both 2 weeks ago, just died.

Guest travr6

There shouldn't be any religions pushed in public schools.

I hate Islam being pushed in public schools just as much as I hate Chrisitanity being pushed.

I am 100% for allowing children or teachers to pray in school if they want to.

I am 100% against them being forced to.

They should remove UNDER GOD from the pledge and force children to recite it daily.

Edited by travr6
Guest nra37922

Amazon sells the Quran in Spanish.  If you have kids this would make a good Winter Holiday gift to put by the Festivus pole.  Buy two and give one to your schools library.

Edited by nra37922

Try these

http://news.yahoo.com/tucson-schools-465-000-arab-charity-muslim-brotherhood-160205984.html

http://www.wnd.com/2012/05/muslim-brotherhood-infiltrates-u-s-public-schools/

http://dailycaller.com/2013/07/03/tucson-schools-to-take-465000-from-arab-charity-with-muslim-brotherhood-ties/

http://brian-therightperspective.blogspot.com/2012/05/nyc-public-school-requires-arabic.html

http://creepingsharia.wordpress.com/2013/07/08/tucson-schools-get-grant-from-islamic-charity-tied-to-muslim-brotherhood/

None of these have anything to do with the original post. I don't care if the KKK donates money to a public school.

They are commanded to take over the world.......maybe they will. But only for a short time.

[URL=http://s1179.photobucket.com/user/Randallg53/media/345-muslim-outrage.jpg.html]345-muslim-outrage.jpg[/URL]

Rev 20:4......."and [I saw] the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God,"

It's just somebody's WordPress blog. Doesn't even identify himself.

- OS

So once again, anyone can write anything on the Internet with out providing facts and still be successful in spinning people up about something that likely never took place.

So once again, anyone can write anything on the Internet with out providing facts and still be successful in spinning people up about something that likely never took place.

The Web changed everything, but certainly not all for the better.

There are 56 million blogs on WordPress.com, most hosted for free.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 1

More fear mongering and nothing else. The blogger was obviously looking to incite people by posting this and it seems as though he has hit the mark.

It is a childs poster and not some school sanctioned display approving Islam over the 10 Commandments.

This is the same type of fear mongering that gets kids in trouble for drawing a gun or eating a poptart into the shape of a gun. People overreact to something they should not have overreated to and then they demand the school do something to prevent it from happening again. Then that forces the schools to have another zero tolerance policy against something else that should not be against the rules at all. 

I have sero, repeat ZERO, issue with a child having a poster depicting something they are interested in. Too many kids are on autopilot as it is so anything they can do to get them thinking is a great thing.

This is the same type of fear mongering that gets kids in trouble for drawing a gun or eating a poptart into the shape of a gun. People overreact to something they should not have overreated to and then they demand the school do something to prevent it from happening again. Then that forces the schools to have another zero tolerance policy against something else that should not be against the rules at all.

I think this is a good take away right here. If people become so outraged over a student expressing their religion (this one being Islam) it opens up the door to zero tolerance policies for kids of any religion. Who is the school to say that your relationship with God ends when you step on school property? I don't agree with that at all. Kids have the right to prayer and other expressions of religion. I don't think it should be endorsed on way or the other by the school, as that creates an environment of exclusion or compulsory religious participation, but I'll never understand how a child choosing to pray, wearing a cross, reading the bible or saying "God bless you" infringes on the religious freedoms of anyone else. The same as I don't see how reading a Quran, praying towards a rock in Mecca 5 times a day or fasting during Ramadan infringes on the religious freedoms of anyone else. So long as it isn't endorsed by the school there is no infringement.

We HAVE to extend this to all religious backgrounds or none of it is okay.
  • Like 2