american airline basterds award

Dustbuster

today aa gets the glorius basterds award. being well travelled i witnessed the rudest flight attendants in action ever. for an airline that begged for mercy after 911, started jacking everyone on bag fees,while keeping the union around, i dont get how they managed to stay in business by above all treating passengers like crap. if dicks last resort bought airplanes aa has the perfect flight crew for em. rude obnoxious and un caring....not to me but someone else on a flight, a handicapped passenger...southwest air will never belly up. and, fyi swa is firearm friendly for transporting during travel.

Your going to find a-holes at every airline. Having done contract work for many airlines in the past, I've had to deal with many. With contract negotiations, broken promises from management, dealing with the public, I can't say I would be any different, but in the same breath, that does not give employees the right to be rude. Funny how airlines are hurting so bad that they continue to try to rape every penny from the employees while management gets raises every year. I make less now than I did eight years ago. We voted in a paycut to "save our jobs". We were sold anyway and guess what? It was not enough. We need to give more! The CEO of the airline I work for got a 67% raise last year and now they want to cut sick time, do away with OJI, stop 401K match, reduce vacation, make substantial paycuts, increase our health insurance and many other things to screw us. Airlines do not care about quality of service or their employees. All they care about is how much something cost. Just something to think about. Don't get me wrong, I love my job, if I didn't, I would have left it long ago.

Your going to find a-holes at every airline. Having done contract work for many airlines in the past, I've had to deal with many. With contract negotiations, broken promises from management, dealing with the public, I can't say I would be any different, but in the same breath, that does not give employees the right to be rude. Funny how airlines are hurting so bad that they continue to try to rape every penny from the employees while management gets raises every year. I make less now than I did eight years ago. We voted in a paycut to "save our jobs". We were sold anyway and guess what? It was not enough. We need to give more! The CEO of the airline I work for got a 67% raise last year and now they want to cut sick time, do away with OJI, stop 401K match, reduce vacation, make substantial paycuts, increase our health insurance and many other things to screw us. Airlines do not care about quality of service or their employees. All they care about is how much something cost. Just something to think about. Don't get me wrong, I love my job, if I didn't, I would have left it long ago.

A good summation of corporate America as a whole.

Every job I've had I've lived through layoffs, benefit cuts, pay cuts, etc...   My current employer was the exception up until yesterday. 

Whenever we fly, we fly out of Nashville, so we use aa frequently. Ive never really noticed what your talking about. Ill have to pay more attention next time i fly i guess. As another member said, every airline has them. I prefer Delta over them all, but dont want to have to deal with Atlanta every time i fly. Never flown SWA.

today aa gets the glorius basterds award. being well travelled i witnessed the rudest flight attendants in action ever. for an airline that begged for mercy after 911, started jacking everyone on bag fees,while keeping the union around, i dont get how they managed to stay in business by above all treating passengers like crap. if dicks last resort bought airplanes aa has the perfect flight crew for em. rude obnoxious and un caring....not to me but someone else on a flight, a handicapped passenger...southwest air will never belly up. and, fyi swa is firearm friendly for transporting during travel.

Yeah, I'm with you.  I wish SWA did international flights.  I'm a United member, but domestically I almost always fly Southwest.  United isn't too bad.  The last time I flew AA was about 10 years ago.  Never again for some of the reasons mentioned and about a dozen more.

After 16 years with the United's puddle-jumping feeder, I retired just in the nick of time.  Top heavy management finally flew the airline into the ground.  These companies are money pits anyway, but wise leadership and compassion for those in the trenches who keep the business going are much more easier to bear than the biblical Pharoahic principle to "make more bricks, but find your own straw."

• Like 1

AA must have a treat people like crap policy in place. Seems to be the norm for them....

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

They really went the extra mile with me. They first treated me like crap, then lost my luggage. Then they upped the ante by treating me like crap after losing my luggage. It doesn't get better from there.
I've flown with AA and United quite a bit over the past year. I get stuck with whichever offers the lowest ticket price at the time of booking (corporate policy thing). I've never really had any problems with either company. Flying to Kansas City via United next week, in fact.

The most annoying part of flying is dealing with the TSA. If the plane can get me from point A to point B I'm happy.

Also never check luggage. I can get a week out of a carry-on bag. Guess that really limits my interaction with the airline staff.

I made myself a promise when I climbed off my last flight back in 1974 on my way home from my time in Service that I would never fly again. Not because of the airlines flight but because of the time I spent in the air on a variety of different aircraft while deployed that I would never fly again and to this day I have not and have no plans to in the future........... :woohoo:  :woohoo: 

If you have the flight info., name of stewardess or very specific description, and do a timeline of what happened to who then that individual can get disciplined. Send an e-mail to their BNA office, the airline and any customer service related companies that service them. From talking to flight attendants and crews - even the union will have a hard time saving said individuals job after a few incidents.

I work for another carrier but my advice would be the same. We in the industry need to police ourselves better so more people would fly...
  • Like 1