Pistol has crack

blueheeler47

A couple of years ago I bought a Walther P22, it has been having a lot of feeding issues lately. My SIL borrowed it to use to take her HCP test with yesterday, the instructor asked to see it due to the problems she was having and discovered a crack just above the trigger on the left side. He suggested taking it back to where I bought it and that they should take care of it. Good advice? Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance or your help!

I wouldn't say a dealer wont have any part of it.   The reason i will be a life long customer of G&L is from something similar.   Bought my wife a Walther P-22, had tons of issues with it.  We took it in one day to shoot and were talking about it in front of the clerk.  He asked if he could let the the smith look at it real quick, they found some form of factory defect.  Told me it would need to go back to the factory.  Then he asked me where i got it, when i told him i got it at G&L he said they would take care of sending it back.  Went in to the back talked to someone for a minute came back out and gave me a replacement on the spot.  Had to pay another 10 for the TICS but it was worth it.   Some shops truly know the definition of customer service and will help you even when it is something completely out of their control.

No problems out of the replacement gun BTW, great little pistol.

• Like 2

I tried to take a picture but it was to fuzzy to show detail. Gander Mountain is sending it back to Walther for  them take a look. Their gunsmith said a pin in the front of the trigger guard was part of the way out and that was probably what caused the crack. They asked if I someone had  tried to remove it, no one has. Will  wait to see what  Walther decides.

I appreciate your comments and suggestion!

• Admin Team

It's not going to surprise me when Gander Mountain closes their doors in a couple of years. 

They used to be such a good resource to the outdoor community.  But, the management team there seems pretty intent on making sure that customers feel as unwelcome as possible.  The last three times I've walked into the store in Turkey Creek, I've gone in with money to spend, yet left without buying a thing either because their price was so outrageously out of line with reality or there staff simply made it impossible to give them my business. 

It's not going to surprise me when Gander Mountain closes their doors in a couple of years. 

They used to be such a good resource to the outdoor community.  But, the management team there seems pretty intent on making sure that customers feel as unwelcome as possible.  The last three times I've walked into the store in Turkey Creek, I've gone in with money to spend, yet left without buying a thing either because their price was so outrageously out of line with reality or there staff simply made it impossible to give them my business. 

I feel the same way about Bass Pro and Dicks. It's the place to go for the uninformed.

At the Bass Pro in Orlando they make you take a number and wait just to look at the firearms in the case or get some help. 

Academy is the only one worth visiting most of the time.

I feel the same way about Bass Pro and Dicks. It's the place to go for the uninformed.

At the Bass Pro in Orlando they make you take a number and wait just to look at the firearms in the case or get some help. 

Bass Pro and Dicks? Ditto for Dunhams... uninformed mop jockeys do not need to sell guns.

Guest Bonedaddy

Last year, I went to the BP in Memphis and was lookin' 'round the pistol case and noticed they had 3 Stoeger Cougar 8000's, like mine. All were on different shelves, were brand new guns, yet had 3 different prices varying by $80, IIRC. I asked the fella behind the counter "Why?" All he could say is, "I don't know?" Not a good enough answer for me. Told'm I wouldn't be buyin' any pistols from'm in the future.