Lane Kiffin Fired at USC

Volzfan

Heck I see reminders all over Knoxville of how UT fans feel about him. Seems like he's even getting blamed for parking shortages around town because I'm always seeing signs that say: NO PARKING! FIRE LANE!

On a serious note (kinda'), if my left hind leg worked like it's 'sposed to, I'd do a little happy dance over USCs decision.

:sadwave:

• Like 2

Well He walks out of Tennessee without any warning which was a blessing. Gosh!!! Gets his Dream Job and destroys a great football program and gets fired. I don't think he is fit to coach a small town high school team and I am wondering how much longer his smoking hot wife will take to fire him and find a winner to associate herself with.................. :rofl: :rock:

Guest Bassman17SC

By the way, did you all know that one of the first things he did when he got to Knoxville was to "run off" a highly recruited QB who was signed by Coach Fulmer?

The player's name is Tahj Boyd.  How about that for a judge of talent?

I don't know, I see this more as an indictment on Southern Cal and big-time college football in general (which, looked at logically, is the most screwed up system on the planet).  College players like Reggie Bush, whose services would be worth millions on an open market, aren't paid a penny and if they so much as accept a gift from a booster then the program gets hosed.  The school has to forfeit their wins and the national title, and they lose 30 scholarships over three years.  Meanwhile they've brought in a new coach (Kiffen) and he becomes the fall guy when the team doesn't win.  And just two months ago the AD was "150%" behind Kiffen.  Granted Kiffen went 10-2 a couple years ago while under all these sanctions, and started last year no. 1.  But do you have to can him three years in?  There is just no place for patience in powerhouse college football.  You gotta win now.  But don't let your prize recruit take a watch or a new suit from an alumni!  The whole thing is just screwed up.  I think Kiff got a raw deal from Southern Cal, just like Southern Cal did from the NCAA. 

I don't know, I see this more as an indictment on Southern Cal and big-time college football in general (which, looked at logically, is the most screwed up system on the planet).  College players like Reggie Bush, whose services would be worth millions on an open market, aren't paid a penny and if they so much as accept a gift from a booster then the program gets hosed.  The school has to forfeit their wins and the national title, and they lose 30 scholarships over three years.  Meanwhile they've brought in a new coach (Kiffen) and he becomes the fall guy when the team doesn't win.  And just two months ago the AD was "150%" behind Kiffen.  Granted Kiffen went 10-2 a couple years ago while under all these sanctions, and started last year no. 1.  But do you have to can him three years in?  There is just no place for patience in powerhouse college football.  You gotta win now.  But don't let your prize recruit take a watch or a new suit from an alumni!  The whole thing is just screwed up.  I think Kiff got a raw deal from Southern Cal, just like Southern Cal did from the NCAA. 

gotta win or you're fired, welcome to "amatuer" footbal :dropjaw:

any school that fires a coach midseason proves that its all about making money, nothing about football.  Yet the NCAA champions the call that this is amatuer athletics...stupid

Okay, UT fans, I'm not one, going to bring back a painful memory, Remember Kiffin ran off on you guys and left you with an egg. In this day in age you produce or you get canned. Especially in that program that used to be in the mix (even if it was just ESPN pushing it down your throat) and they did produce some good players that didn't cheat the system or at least get caught. 

I don't know, how much does this d- bag get for doing absolutely nothing? Aren't the Vols still paying him. What is his buy out at USC?

Believe he had to pay UT, or USC did.

I have been in Tennessee since 1975. During that time, Kiffin is the only football coach to leave here on his own accord. Karma is hell. :taunt:

Guest tdoccrossvilletn

I don't know, I see this more as an indictment on Southern Cal and big-time college football in general (which, looked at logically, is the most screwed up system on the planet). College players like Reggie Bush, whose services would be worth millions on an open market, aren't paid a penny and if they so much as accept a gift from a booster then the program gets hosed. The school has to forfeit their wins and the national title, and they lose 30 scholarships over three years. Meanwhile they've brought in a new coach (Kiffen) and he becomes the fall guy when the team doesn't win. And just two months ago the AD was "150%" behind Kiffen. Granted Kiffen went 10-2 a couple years ago while under all these sanctions, and started last year no. 1. But do you have to can him three years in? There is just no place for patience in powerhouse college football. You gotta win now. But don't let your prize recruit take a watch or a new suit from an alumni! The whole thing is just screwed up. I think Kiff got a raw deal from Southern Cal, just like Southern Cal did from the NCAA.

He was and is a douche and should be unemployed with no income die a while and lose everything. Maybe then he won't be such a douche bag.

Sent from my mind using ninja telepathy.