Well it's October and that means Halloween and Ghost Stories

This happened in a little town in South Central Kansas, and even though it sounds like an Alfred Hitchcock tale, it’s true.

I was on the side of the road hitchhiking on a very dark night in the middle of a terrible rainstorm, and no cars were on the road. The storm was so strong I could hardly see a few feet ahead of me. Suddenly, I saw a car come towards me and stop. Without thinking about it, I got in the car and closed the door and only then did I realize that there was nobody behind the wheel!

The car started to move very slowly. I looked at the road and saw a curve coming up. Petrified, I started to pray, begging for my life. I had not yet come out of shock when, just before the car hit the curve, a hand suddenly appeared through the window and moved the steering wheel. Now paralyzed in terror, I watched how the hand appeared every time the car was approaching a curve. Finally, although terrified, I managed to open the door and jump out of the spooky car. Without looking back, I cut across country and ran through the storm all the way to the nearest town. Soaking wet, exhausted and in a state of utter shock and shaking visibly from my recent harrowing experience, I went into the first bar I came to and ordered two shots of Scotch.

Then, still trembling with fright, I started telling everybody in the bar about the horrible experience I'd just gone through with the spooky car with no driver and the mysterious hand that kept appearing. Everyone in the bar listened in silence and I could see that they, too, were becoming frightened hearing my eerie story. Hair stood on end when they realized I was telling the truth because tears streaked my face and I definitely was not drunk!

About half an hour later two guys walked into the bar where I was still trying to regain my wits and one pointed at me and said to the other, “Hey, there’s the sonuvabitch who jumped into the car while we were pushin it!”

:leaving:

Edited by Timestepper
  • Like 7

Dang, didn't mean to kill the thread!

Not a ghost story maybe, but I've got several Civil war re-enactor friends who've been to Gettysburg several times. The general theme of the story they all tell (several of them were together, others were completely separate incidents) is of being out walking in uniform late at night behind what would have been "enemy" lines for whatever uniform they were wearing (some re-enact Union, others Rebel, still others have been both) and feeling a distinct enmity and resentment towards them.

I know that the mind can do strange things and maybe it was imagined, but I've heard basically the same story 1st hand from several different and otherwise credible individuals.

There's also a small canyon in the Rocky Mountains that absolutely and unexpectedly gave me the heebie jeebies on an otherwise beautiful and uneventful day. I mean, I hiked into the canyon to explore on a beautiful, sunny day with not a care in the world. By the time I'd gone a hundred yards, the hair on the back of my neck was standing up. By two hundred yards I was trying to talk myself out of feeling like the target of some evil and malevolent force. By the time I turned around 50 yards later, I was absolutely terrified. But by the time I reached the canyon mouth again, it was a beautiful day and I was back to not having a care in the world - outside of being somewhat weirded out by the experience. A few days later, I made it out of the mountains and was doing some research at a local library and discovered that, in 1836, eleven trappers for the American Fur Company had been caught and massacred in the canyon by <tribe omitted> Indians.

I didn't see any "ghosts." But I know what I felt and that - as far as I knew at the time - I had absolutely no reason to feel it. And it doesn't bother me to think about it all these years later, but I also know that no amount of money could ever get me to go back into that canyon.

Guest tdoccrossvilletn

[quote name="TankerHC" post="1044950" timestamp="1381131661"] I have seen "ghosts". I usually don't repeat my stories to anyone other than maybe family members. But what the hey, I wont be applying for a job anytime soon. This one is the most clearly I have ever seen :something" and it happened in broad July daylight in 1984. Me and three other buck Sergeants went up to Friedburg Castle in Friedburg Germany. We had a German guy with us who worked on post. We did a tour of the Castle in the morning with the old man who lived there and his wife. After the tour we stepped outside and decided to go eat lunch. Right after we stepped out down the street a silver Mercedes convertible had a fender bender with a Red Volkswagon Golf GTI. We watched it and when the person got out of the Mercedes it was a super hot German girl and she was in a Bikini. We immediately decided that help was required and we would go to her rescue. So we walked down to the corner and walked out to the street and the Polizei were there in about 8 seconds and made us get back up on the sidewalk. We were up on the sidewalk and the cops made us stand there shoulder to shoulder. For no reason. Because when he finished asking questions and doing whatever, the cop, the girl and the guy in his GTI all got in their cars and drove off. But while we were standing there, sun shining in broad daylight, facing the street I was on the far left, my buddy Sgt. Jeff Johnson was to my right then the other two guys and the German guy was on the other end. We were all staring at the German girl in the Bikini (In case she needed rescuing) and I kinda felt something on my left and glanced left. When I did there was an old lady facing me to my shoulder. Wrinkled up face, which made me estimate her age at 80 to 90. She wasnt see thru, she wasnt partially there or nothing like that, she was solid. This was a person standing there. This person who had come from nowhere, was standing at my shoulder, crying. This person stood there looking me right in the face, from less than a foot away, for a solid minute crying. I was pretty engrossed in what was going on between me and her to look anywhere else. I asked her Bist Du OK? "Sie sind OK?" . Are you OK in German. No response, just stood there looking at me crying. I got a really good look at this woman. If there were an artist around today I can still describe her well enough to draw a picture. Top to bottom. Dressed in all black. Hat was similar to the hats the Penn Dutch (Deutch) girls wear up in Lancaster, pointy but not the white part, all black. She had on a dress that went down to her ankles. All black and I cant remember what it is called but had the form of drapes and the top part of the dress was like a frock. She had on boots, they looked like they were made from some sort of cloth and they were pointed and they were also black. I know they were boots because I could see where they came up above her ankles up underneath the bottom part of her dress. I know between the time I looked her up and down, looked her in the face and asked her a couple of times if she was OK had to be a good minute. Started to get nervous, looked at my buddy Jeff Johnson, everyone was still looking at the girl in the bikini and I pushed Johnson on the shoulder and said "look at this", wasnt more than 5 seconds. We both looked and she was gone. He asked what and I said "Dude, there was a really old lady jjust standing here looking at me crying". We looked around, she couldnt have went in the gate entrance to the Castle because it was too far away, she didnt walk behind us because we would have seen her walking, same thing if she would have crossed the street or took off up the street. No way she went anywhere, and I know what I saw, I dont go around making things up. This old lady appeared to my left, solid, dressed in black and crying, in broad daylight, and just vanished after I tried to draw attention to her. To be perfectly honest it freaked me the hell out and to this day I still get the willies thinking about it. Sometimes I will be sitting in the house alone and start thinking about it and wondering if someday she might appear to me again. Doubt it, hasnt happened, and have no idea who I was looking at. Do not even know if it was anything other than some old lady sanding there for real and somehow just walked into somewhere (In about 5 seconds) that had to have been at least 50 yards away. Just dont know. But it was certainly a heck of a weird experience. This is the castle where I saw her. It was built in 1257 then rebuilt mostly in the 1400's. friedberg-castle_zps11c22ed6.jpg15258935_zps56f0c2c5.jpg This is the front entrance (today) the road looked different 30 years ago. But the location where I saw her was to the left looking at the photo. webcam-017747_zpsad08c14d.jpg And this was the day it happened, the two guys in the photo were standing to the right (shoulder to shoulder) of Jeff Johnson, this is lunch right after it happened. friedburg_zps4308e1a2.jpg[/quote] Did you get a head injury during your military service? I, am quiet convinced you would never be able to pass a psych exam to work in law enforcement or any type of field like that. I think it asked on mine do you see things like ghosts and such or something like that. Sent from my mind using ninja telepathy.

Edited by tdoccrossvilletn

Ok, I am not one that believes in ghosts per say but I do believe in guardian angels. I didn’t until about 1990.  I think I have mentioned that I lost my oldest son to an auto accident. He had the accident in 1986 and was in a coma for almost a year before regaining conscious but was not going to survive because the damage to his brain stem was to severe and it was just a matter of time. During that time I had met and remarried a wonderful woman that had a teen age daughter. When my 3 million dollar insurance policy ran out of course we had to find a place to put him such as a nursing home that would accept his Medicaid. My wife being an RN knew he would not get the care he needed in any nursing home. Her decision was to quit her job and bring him home and we brought him home. She had Medicaid bring in a home health care agency and equip the room at the house with all the stuff needed to care for him. He was a quad because of his injury and required a lot of care which my wife provided without question and I worked and helped her in the evenings with him. During that time my wife’s daughter met a young man and yea things progressed and in 1989 she became pregnant. We live next door to each other in a duplex I was purchasing. My son was able to speak but his voice was slurred bad but we could understand certain things he said. As time went on her boyfriend worked and I worked and my wife and her daughter(Murieka) would care for my son Doug. Well Murieka had the baby on June 29th 1989  and her name was Danielle and Murieka would bring the baby over while helping her mother with my son (Doug jr) They would lay Danielle in the bed with Doug and he would smile and laugh out loud at her.  Danielle was born with a birth defect that would not show up for about 2 months after her birth. Doug Jr. Passed away on August 11th 1990 in his sleep. He was buried on the 13th.   About a little over a month later Murieka and his boyfriend Ritchie were awakened from a sound sleep buy by a person standing in their bedroom door way. The person was calling out to Murieka to wake up and check on the baby. At first she thought she was dreaming and then realized she was awake and she screamed out waking up Ritchie and both of them were looking at a figure standing in the doorway. The figure said again to go check on the baby and added that she has quit breathing. They both jumped up and ran into Danielle’s room and she was blue and pale and Murieka grabbed her up and began blowing in her face and forcing air in her face and they came running next door and pounding on the door and we had already heard all the noise next door and Margie(my wife was heading for the door and as she opened it up Danielle began crying and breathing again. Once things settled down a little they began talking about the figure in the door way and waking them up telling them about Danielle. Ritchie said I am not sure but the figure looked a lot like that person right there and pointed to a picture of Doug Jr. that was taken a week before his accident. Murieka agreed with him. Dougs appearance had changed a lot after his accident so they didn’t connect it together right away. There was not another incident again for about a month or so. Ritchie and Murieka had gone out for an evening with friends and they had a couple they knew volunteer to baby sit and they also had a little boy about a year old. Once they got the kids bedded down they went in and stretched out on the bed and fell a sleep. About 11:30PM both of them were awakened by a figure standing in the door way calling out for them to go check on Danielle that she has quit breathing. They jumped up and ran to the children and Danielle had turned a soft blue and the girl began blowing in her face and Margie was already headed over because she heard all the hollering and when she arrived she took Danielle and  began blowing very hard in her face and after about a minute Danielle began breathing with a  deep breath and then began crying. They all came over to our house and  now take this into consideration, this couple had never new Doug Jr. of anything about him. The guy Mike pointed at the picture of Doug Jr. and said that is the guy that woke us up hollering at us. About 5 minutes later Murieka and Ritchie got home and they came right over. Now over the next two month is had happened twice more before the doctor ordered a monitor for her that was placed on her every time she was laid down to sleep day or night and when she quit breathing a loud alarm would go off both getting attention and also loud enough to wake her up and s care her so she would begin breathing again. Doug Jr. never showed up again that you could see him but right up until I lost Margie to a heart attack in 1997 she would tell me when he had come to visit. He would move things around that belong to her just letting her know he was still around. After I lost her I would notice small things around the house that were hers that I had kept would get moved. Her hair brush was one of his favorites. I would put it on her dresser and come home from work and it would be on the bed or on the coffee table in the living room. This went on as long as I lived in that duplex. I ended up selling it about 2 years later. Now is he still around? Not as much but I kept her brush and every so often I will get it out of the dresser drawer and put it on top and wake up the next morning and it will be moved from her Dresser to my chest of drawers. Not every time but once in a while. Now with all of this said. Do I believe in actual ghosts? Not really. Do I believe in Guardian Angels? By all that is in my heart, Yes I do because had it not been for Doug Jr. being Danielle’s Guardian Angel she would not be here today and I would not have her and my new 4th great grandson from all my grandchildren. Danielle outgrew her breathing problem at about age 3 and the doctors said that she would have probably be a victim of SIDS  had her parents not remained alert to he problem. They never told the doctor about Doug Jr. because they didn’t want the doctor to think they were crazy…LOL
That is my Holloween Story and I’m sticking to it!!!!

• Like 2

Ok, I am not one that believes in ghosts per say but I do believe in guardian angels. I didn’t until about 1990.  I think I have mentioned that I lost my oldest son to an auto accident. He had the accident in 1986 and was in a coma for almost a year before regaining conscious but was not going to survive because the damage to his brain stem was to severe and it was just a matter of time. During that time I had met and remarried a wonderful woman that had a teen age daughter. When my 3 million dollar insurance policy ran out of course we had to find a place to put him such as a nursing home that would accept his Medicaid. My wife being an RN knew he would not get the care he needed in any nursing home. Her decision was to quit her job and bring him home and we brought him home. She had Medicaid bring in a home health care agency and equip the room at the house with all the stuff needed to care for him. He was a quad because of his injury and required a lot of care which my wife provided without question and I worked and helped her in the evenings with him. During that time my wife’s daughter met a young man and yea things progressed and in 1989 she became pregnant. We live next door to each other in a duplex I was purchasing. My son was able to speak but his voice was slurred bad but we could understand certain things he said. As time went on her boyfriend worked and I worked and my wife and her daughter(Murieka) would care for my son Doug. Well Murieka had the baby on June 29th 1989  and her name was Danielle and Murieka would bring the baby over while helping her mother with my son (Doug jr) They would lay Danielle in the bed with Doug and he would smile and laugh out loud at her.  Danielle was born with a birth defect that would not show up for about 2 months after her birth. Doug Jr. Passed away on August 11th 1990 in his sleep. He was buried on the 13th.   About a little over a month later Murieka and his boyfriend Ritchie were awakened from a sound sleep buy by a person standing in their bedroom door way. The person was calling out to Murieka to wake up and check on the baby. At first she thought she was dreaming and then realized she was awake and she screamed out waking up Ritchie and both of them were looking at a figure standing in the doorway. The figure said again to go check on the baby and added that she has quit breathing. They both jumped up and ran into Danielle’s room and she was blue and pale and Murieka grabbed her up and began blowing in her face and forcing air in her face and they came running next door and pounding on the door and we had already heard all the noise next door and Margie(my wife was heading for the door and as she opened it up Danielle began crying and breathing again. Once things settled down a little they began talking about the figure in the door way and waking them up telling them about Danielle. Ritchie said I am not sure but the figure looked a lot like that person right there and pointed to a picture of Doug Jr. that was taken a week before his accident. Murieka agreed with him. Dougs appearance had changed a lot after his accident so they didn’t connect it together right away. There was not another incident again for about a month or so. Ritchie and Murieka had gone out for an evening with friends and they had a couple they knew volunteer to baby sit and they also had a little boy about a year old. Once they got the kids bedded down they went in and stretched out on the bed and fell a sleep. About 11:30PM both of them were awakened by a figure standing in the door way calling out for them to go check on Danielle that she has quit breathing. They jumped up and ran to the children and Danielle had turned a soft blue and the girl began blowing in her face and Margie was already headed over because she heard all the hollering and when she arrived she took Danielle and  began blowing very hard in her face and after about a minute Danielle began breathing with a  deep breath and then began crying. They all came over to our house and  now take this into consideration, this couple had never new Doug Jr. of anything about him. The guy Mike pointed at the picture of Doug Jr. and said that is the guy that woke us up hollering at us. About 5 minutes later Murieka and Ritchie got home and they came right over. Now over the next two month is had happened twice more before the doctor ordered a monitor for her that was placed on her every time she was laid down to sleep day or night and when she quit breathing a loud alarm would go off both getting attention and also loud enough to wake her up and s care her so she would begin breathing again. Doug Jr. never showed up again that you could see him but right up until I lost Margie to a heart attack in 1997 she would tell me when he had come to visit. He would move things around that belong to her just letting her know he was still around. After I lost her I would notice small things around the house that were hers that I had kept would get moved. Her hair brush was one of his favorites. I would put it on her dresser and come home from work and it would be on the bed or on the coffee table in the living room. This went on as long as I lived in that duplex. I ended up selling it about 2 years later. Now is he still around? Not as much but I kept her brush and every so often I will get it out of the dresser drawer and put it on top and wake up the next morning and it will be moved from her Dresser to my chest of drawers. Not every time but once in a while. Now with all of this said. Do I believe in actual ghosts? Not really. Do I believe in Guardian Angels? By all that is in my heart, Yes I do because had it not been for Doug Jr. being Danielle’s Guardian Angel she would not be here today and I would not have her and my new 4th great grandson from all my grandchildren. Danielle outgrew her breathing problem at about age 3 and the doctors said that she would have probably be a victim of SIDS  had her parents not remained alert to he problem. They never told the doctor about Doug Jr. because they didn’t want the doctor to think they were crazy…LOL
That is my Holloween Story and I’m sticking to it!!!!

My attention span is much shorter than this post, someone please recap.

Sitting on the deck of the house in Kingsport before I bought it.  The house was empty and locked.  Clearly heard someone walk downstairs and across the living room, then heard the screen door on the deck open and shut.

Note - I was sitting on the deck and had a clear view of the living room through the picture windows - there was no one there.

Bought the house and later had some issues with furniture not wanting to stay where it was put.

Also have a Bermuda triangle story, usually have to drink a bit before I tell that one.

Edited by Mark@Sea

Also have a Bermuda triangle story, usually have to drink a bit before I tell that one.

Get to sipping then, I would love to hear this one.  I do believe in ghost, angels, demons or whatever they are. I've had more than a few things happen that I simply can't think of a logical explanation for. I too will have to have a few cold ones to open up about the things I've experienced.

Guest Riciticky

http://youtu.be/Afw1OmOtm7o

This guy Below might be a ghost someday. It scares me! It would make a great tree stand if you have a long range hunting rifle.

http://youtu.be/3YNqhF1zKoY

Edited by Riciticky

Not really a "ghost" story.

We were stationed at Kadena AFB, Okinawa when my mom was pregnant with my little brother. She was shopping at either the commissary or the B/X (can't recall) when she started hemorrhaging. Ambulance came and carted her off to the hospital. They got her checked in to a room and a little old Okinawan woman came in and cleaned her up. She layed her hand on my mom's abdomen and said "You baby be OK. Jesus tell me you baby be OK." Later a nurse came in and mom asked for the little old Okinawan lady because she wanted to thank her for being so gentle and kind. The nurse said there aren't any Okinawans at the hospital. Locals aren't hired to work at that facility.

That's the story my mom tells. She says my kid brother's guardian angel is a little old Okinawan woman.

Did you get a head injury during your military service? I, am quiet convinced you would never be able to pass a psych exam to work in law enforcement or any type of field like that. I think it asked on mine do you see things like ghosts and such or something like that. Sent from my mind using ninja telepathy.

And this comes from a person who quoted someone else on page 1 then complained about himself quoting it on page 2.

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/topic/71263-hair-line-crack-in-mesa-tactical-stock/page-2#entry1047381

Passing the psych test for LE isn't the measure of a man either, far from it. Staying in LE is a measure of a person but not passing some test because 99% of the population could pass a LE psych eval without issue.

I have seen schizophrenics get hired after passing a psych eval. One in particular left the job for over a week and when she returned we asked her where she had been. She said her other personality didn't know that she worked for the SO. We verified and yes she was diagnosed with multiple personalities. She tried to say that the multiple personality disorder was a sickness and her missing work because of it was just like someone who missed work because of a cold. She said she didn't deserve to be fired but she was really, really fast.

How about we do this, keep the insults to yourself.

Did you get a head injury during your military service? I, am quiet convinced you would never be able to pass a psych exam to work in law enforcement or any type of field like that. I think it asked on mine do you see things like ghosts and such or something like that. Sent from my mind using ninja telepathy.

Nasty.. why would you say that ? what would you say if he was in the military and got hurt?

Maybe engage your brain before you  post:)

I don't believe in ghosts per se... I do believe in Karma

I think some people can sense  what is about to happen.. I think some people are really fine tuned to things .

I had a bad feeling one day  .. all day long and kept telling my husband that... That night some meth head was trying to break into our house... or at least gain entrance. And it wasn't even my crackhead brother-in-law..lol

Not really a "ghost" story.

We were stationed at Kadena AFB, Okinawa when my mom was pregnant with my little brother. She was shopping at either the commissary or the B/X (can't recall) when she started hemorrhaging. Ambulance came and carted her off to the hospital. They got her checked in to a room and a little old Okinawan woman came in and cleaned her up. She layed her hand on my mom's abdomen and said "You baby be OK. Jesus tell me you baby be OK." Later a nurse came in and mom asked for the little old Okinawan lady because she wanted to thank her for being so gentle and kind. The nurse said there aren't any Okinawans at the hospital. Locals aren't hired to work at that facility.

That's the story my mom tells. She says my kid brother's guardian angel is a little old Okinawan woman.

That is just one of those things. No one on this earth knows what happens when we die. We all have our beliefs and religion that we follow, but faith is all it is. A belief. We could all be guardian angels when we move on, who knows?

Not a ghost story, but still strange. My grandparents owned a restaurant in Fairview, TN. (My mothers parents). My grandfather would drive to Nashville frequently on Highway 100. I was born in Aug of 1971 and he passed in Dec of the same year. Anyway and this is all told to me by my family. It was snowing and the roads were bad. He had to go to Nashville for one reason or another and it was a normal routine thing for him to do. This day he was very hesitant to leave. My mother tells me that he was damn near crying when he did leave as if he knew he would never be back. He ran off the road and flipped the car down a hill.

He did not die instantly, but was banged up bad. Being hard headed, he refused to be on a stretcher and walked up the hill to the ambulance. A broken rib punctured his heart and that is what killed him later on. My mother claims that a after he died, she seen him at the foot of her bed and he was crying and told her to "Take care of my boy". The day and time he died, my father claims that he heard my mother screaming. He was next door at his fathers house. He came running over to check on me and my mother barefoot with snow on the ground.

Another strange thing was when my grandmother died. Right after she passed electrical items in the house would just suddenly turn on by themselves. TV would change channels, and things like that. This lasted for about a month after she died. I'm not saying its proof of anything, but I like to think that it was her way of saying that she was still with us and she was ok.

Edited by EMB145

I believe that the Experiments at the LHC will soon show that there are Ghosts, but Ghosts are not what people think. Max Planks Hypotheses that Particles have a wave character, that Photons were not particles and that Nature is "dual" and is only limited by the position of the Observer was proven by the Young's Slit Experiments. But it wasn't observed, because the particles were unstable and would immediately decay on observation. 6 or 7 months ago, at the LHC, Quantum and Quantum Particle Physicists were able to visually observe the particle (One) moving on a wavelength (photon) depending on the position of the Observer before the Particle decayed. They saw it, it happened and it is proof of Max Planks Hypothesis of Dual Nature, backed up by Einstein's theory that Photons are not Particles but show Electronic wave characteristics. So what they observed, was what Youngs experiment had already proved, (but had not been observed), was a single particle in two locations at the same time. not two "lookalike" particles, but a single particle in a dual space. Planks "Dual Nature".

One of the LHC Scientists stated that up until the discovery of the Higgs Boson verifying the accuracy of the Standard Model, the greatest Scientific Achievement in Human History was man landing on the Moon and no one ever thought it would be surpassed, but until today (The day they proved Nature was "Dual") the Greatest Scientific Achievement in Human History was the verification of the Standard Model, now its proof of "Dual Nature"

That day, the biggest thing on the news was some BS about the Kardashians, not the greatest Scientific Achievement in Human History.

I am a Scientific "layman" and not a Scientist, and it (Science) has been one of my passions since I set foot in a school classroom. Since I am a "layman" some of the above may be out of order since I am trying to remember off the top of my head, but it is generally correct. I have been following those LHC experiments since day one, every day. For those following it, you know there is some amazing things coming out of the LHC and for those not, the world is changing because of the LHC, should follow it.

But back to Ghosts. I am waiting for the next video Q&A from LiveScience with some of the LHC Physicists to try and get in to ask a stupid question. The question is this.

If all of Nature is made up of particles riding on electronic wavelengths. And Nature is Dual. And since they now theorize and are trying to prove that because of this, there are dual (parallel) Universes, that may actually be visible based on the position of the observer. (Nature is dual, but you can only see one side at a time depending on the position of the Observer, and you cant tell the difference because you (us) dont know what we are viewing), Then why couldn't "ghosts" be humans here viewing observable parts of parallel universes? The reason I want to ask that question is because of this.

According to some of these Physicists, although the possibility (And even probability to some of them) of Dual Universes exist, they are not EXACTLY dual. So they say, if the next dual universe had dual "us" in it, the likelihood of us being exactly the same is zero. There may be another you but there would be differences. For example "YOU" might wake up, get dressed in your jeans, boots and flannel shirt, say goodbye to your three kids, kiss your redhead wife and go to your job as a Construction worker, while your "dual YOU" might get up in the morning, put on your suit, kiss your "nearly exact" same 3 kids, your "nearly exact same" BRUNETTE wife and go off to your job as an Attorney.

And "dual Universes" are not just "One", each Universe would have a dual counterpart. So if your dual you, the Attorney, had a dual him, in their dual universe, then his dual him might wake up, get dressed in his flight suit, kiss his three kids, his blonde wife and go to work at his job as an Air Force Pilot.

Which leads me to another question. If Ghosts are the souls of passed humans, why are they always wearing clothes? Have you ever seen a "photograph" of a naked ghost? If you have seen a ghost, was it naked? Do "ghost clothes" have souls or are those ghosts in their clothes actually particles, seen from a different point of observation, maybe not ghosts at all, but part of "dual nature"? Meaning, what if there are "ghosts" but they aren't ghosts, they are real, with real clothes? Wouldn't it stand to reason since humans have souls but nothing else does that if you saw a human "ghost" that they would be naked?

Why exactly if "ghosts" are here to tell us something, are "ghost" units marching around Gettysburg, in uniform, in formation (to see that photograph, stop by the Gettysburg Museum), on one hand there are the "ghosts" that always come by to tell us how good things are on the other side, while on the other hand we have UNITS OF GHOSTS marching around battlefields like zombies who cant get out of the war? So which is it, religiously do clothes have souls? Are ghosts mindless zombies? Or are ghosts something we get a glance at now and then because we are in the right "position"? Are they lost souls? Souls to send us a message? Or, as these scientists say, since everything in the universe is made up of different types of particles, and that nature is dual and single particles CAN exist in in multiple places at the same time , and the possibility exists of multiple "dual" universes, are people seeing ACTUAL people, with real clothes, doing real things, happening in THEIR universe?

Some other things that have come out of the LHC that didnt get reported because Miley Cyrus grabbing her crotch is far too important.

Quantum Information Processing, otherwise known as Teleportation, has been achieved. So that was actually achieved in 2009 at the University of Maryland, when they sent particles a distance of three feet without passing through anything physical. That led to the Scientists testing Mallets theory at the LHC last year, they smashed photons against photons, it warped light and time travel was achieved although for a micro second.It went backwards. The Scientists involved said there were several problems, it is not "historical" time to begin with, secondly, they believe that they will be able to send particles back in time, but not forward in time, and it takes so much power doing it with anything other than a particle would cause anything else to simply disintegrate and vanish. But its a start! Wait until the LHC goes back online.

I believe (Or have a feeling) that Ghosts are real, REAL PEOPLE.

30+ years ago when I first started messing with Computers, all the mag writers said that Quantum Computing would never happen except in the mind of Gene Roddenberry. 15 years ago they said there MIGHT be a POSSIBILITY that SOMETHING LIKE a quantum computer could be achieved but it would not be real Quantum Computing, 5 years ago Scientists said its entirely feasible and would happen, a Quantum Turing Machine is not a Quantum Computer, but they have been around since the late 70's in one form or another. Quantum-Mechanical Computers are here, and pure Quantum Computing will be here in a couple of years.

30 years ago they (the tech writers) said a Computer will never be "Self Aware". Garbage in and Garbage out. The only thing your getting out of a Computer is what you put into it. Well, a Self Aware Computer was expected to go online in 2050, then 2025, now Scientists at the JPL expect to have a "Self Aware Computer" online in 2015. The implications to humanity of self aware computers is mind boggling.

Back to ghosts. Ill rephrase my comment above. "yes, there are ghosts", they just arent what we think they are. I believe that the 10,000 Scientists working on experiments from the LHC will eventually prove it, and they wont call them ghosts, and no one will notice, because "The Real Housewives of Orange County" will be on.

I sure would like to be around in 150 years, Earth will be completely destroyed or it will be an amazing place. I would be willing to bet that in 150 years (Or less) humanity will be seeing all sorts of ghosts, and know what they are.

:mind blown:

What's this LHC that you speak of?
  • 2 weeks later...
I'm a Bible believer, so I believe your soul either goes to Heaven or Hell when you die. I know not everyone believes this, but I do. Having said that, I disagree with "ghosts" or trapped spirits of dead folks. I do, however, believe that there are spirits (both good and evil) at work all around us. I don't dabble with "ghost hunting" or spiritual playing around, since I don't want to welcome any demons in or around me, lol. Just my beliefs...
I am a believer too but I think any reasonable, rational, half intelligent person here can agree; There are great many things we don't know, haven't been told and/or misunderstand.
I don't believe things are cut and dry, black and white but we are not capable of handling the whole truth so we are give only that which we need.

Solomon was possible the greatest human king to walk the earth but he was deeply immersed in the occult and knew many things that would keep the rest of us up at night.

A far as spooks and ghosts and what not, my opinion can easily be turned back on me by some God hating atheist but....I want to believe in things like that. A part of me will hold out hope forever but I have no proof of such things and despite many unexplainable things I've seen, I'm not of the opinion a dead soul had anything to do with any of it.
True, there are many inexplicable occurrences. I don't hate or try to belittle those who don't believe like me. If someone wants to believe in ghosts I say go for it...just not my thing.

Yeah, I get it, a lot of religious people who can't believe anything but what the preacher tells them. You die, you go to heaven or hell, and if you are catholic maybe you can work purgatory in. It is great, I suppose, to imagine the world has to abide by what you  imagine to be the truth. It says a lot about your closed mind. 

Skeptics are just the same. As a skeptic I demand evidence of this and that, but not any evidence, repeatable evidence. Why if I can't performa ritual at the gates of hell and get satan himself to play chess with me it is all bull. 

Than there is that weird guy who has a really simplistic understanding of physics...

What this thread is about, or what it should be about, is ghost stories. Not factual, not actual, stuff that just freaks you out. 

I'd make a ghost story up but I'm not good at that stuff. I can tell a slightly disturbing story though. Maybe you'd like to hear it.

Well, that is a lie. I can give you a great link though:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVawmopW4S4

Happy Halloween

It is great, I suppose, to imagine the world has to abide by what you  imagine to be the truth. It says a lot about your closed mind. 

So what does it say about a person who comes along and makes wide ranging generalizations about another person's beliefs for the purpose of being insulting?
  • Like 2