Season 4

Oh Shoot

I just watched the talking dead , and caught the last couple of minutes of the show again... Mary says "let me make you a plate" The correct saying is "let me fix you a plate" Further support for the cannibalism possibility......let me make YOU a plate --- moohahahhah
  • Like 1

There is no direct counterpart for Mary in the comics, so no clue there.  I did run across this.  Remember the painting that Michonne found?  Compare the woman in the painting to Mary:

YBIrEfh.jpg

I don't know the connection (yet) but great find! I had a feeling that picture was significant. 

A thought that I had was that Terminus could be a cult that doesn't treat the Walkers the same way Rick's group does.  Like Lizzie on a larger scale.   Whereas Hershel had a barn, maybe they have a warehouse full of Walkers they think can be cured.  

Another thought was that they were once a well-populated community, but then the same sickness at the prison decimated their numbers also.

I think cannibals might be more likely (Fight the dead, fear the living theme), but it just doesn't seem like the type of secret that could be stretched out over too many episodes.  Essentially if Terminus turns out to be Cannibal Town, the show will be more like Texas Chainsaw Massacre than Night of the Living Dead.  

Probably the biggest twist will be that Terminus is full of normal, healthy people.  We've been conditioned to suspect any sanctuary the core group has found so far.  Since the separate groups will all be arriving soon, it may just be a back drop for the conflict that arises between Rick and Daryl's new group, the reunion with Judith and others, the tension between the Tara the lesbian and the prison group, etc.   

Speaking of Tara, she said that she saw her sister surrounded by Walkers and implied that she was dead.  I thought they showed her sister getting away.

Edited by dawgdoc
[quote name="glowdotGlock" post="1130053" timestamp="1395810866"]That is really weird. Looks like her to me. The hair to one side and even the collar leaning in the same direction. Gonna be interesting to see her role.[/quote]Well evidently I quoted the wrong pic. I meant to do the side by side with the painting. Edited by glowdotGlock

rick was under the bed when one of them was knocked to the floor and knocked out but before he was he saw rick

I agree with this best I remember. Also, after Rick killed the guy in the bathroom, he took his rifle and then on an afterthought, opened the bathroom door enough so the guy could get at the others after he came back as a walker. That was what all the ruckus was about while Rick was hiding by the porch that caused the guy on the porch to rush inside and gave him a change to run.  They may be after Rick for revenge.

I agree with this best I remember. Also, after Rick killed the guy in the bathroom, he took his rifle and then on an afterthought, opened the bathroom door enough so the guy could get at the others after he came back as a walker. That was what all the ruckus was about while Rick was hiding by the porch that caused the guy on the porch to rush inside and gave him a change to run.  They may be after Rick for revenge.

I'd say you're right, since that's what Joe said. :)

- OS

So when they (the group that Daryl is with) finally confront Rick, their story is that he murdered one their own and left him to re-animate.  Presumably, Daryl will feel all conflicted about helping his new friends, but maybe see their side.  Will Rick get a chance to mention that he heard them contemplating a gang rape of a woman that they deduced was living there?  Or will he keep his mouth shut like he did in front of the Governor's new group?  

I hope Daryl doesn't act like Andrea and refuse to believe the truth.  Surely, having seen the result of the beat down, he will side with Rick? 

[quote name="dawgdoc" post="1130455" timestamp="1395887822"]So when they (the group that Daryl is with) finally confront Rick, their story is that he murdered one their own and left him to re-animate. Presumably, Daryl will feel all conflicted about helping his new friends, but maybe see their side. Will Rick get a chance to mention that he heard them contemplating a gang rape of a woman that they deduced was living there? Or will he keep his mouth shut like he did in front of the Governor's new group? I hope Daryl doesn't act like Andrea and refuse to believe the truth. Surely, having seen the result of the beat down, he will side with Rick? [/quote] The revenge theme for the gang is just weird to me. They seem to be an group with a strong anarchy/strongest win bent and also killed a fellow member themselves. So days and days later they are on a "mission" to avenge their buddy? Hard to swallow that logic And still Want to know what the heck happened to beth!?

So when they (the group that Daryl is with) finally confront Rick, their story is that he murdered one their own and left him to re-animate.  Presumably, Daryl will feel all conflicted about helping his new friends, but maybe see their side.  Will Rick get a chance to mention that he heard them contemplating a gang rape of a woman that they deduced was living there?  Or will he keep his mouth shut like he did in front of the Governor's new group?  

I hope Daryl doesn't act like Andrea and refuse to believe the truth.  Surely, having seen the result of the beat down, he will side with Rick?

It will be a by-the-book Hollywood fake-out. Daryl will appear to stand by his new buddies but at the final moment will either see the light or have been faking all along (has he already worked out that the leader planted the rabbit? (assuming he did)) and put a crossbow bolt through the back of someone's head.

You mean that he met what's her name on the road? I think that's what he said?

- OS

Yes. Not only was it a fairly obvious lie both in content and execution but the truth will inevitably come out with hilarious consequences.

And still Want to know what the heck happened to beth!?

She is almost undoubtedly somewhere at Terminus. The plot structure doesn't really leave any other alternative (unless they really pull a M. Night Shyamalan) Edited by tnguy

I don't think Daryl feels like part of this group yet. He's just traveling with them and would likely support Rick at this point. However, if this gang helps him rescue Beth from being served as dinner at Terminus (or something similar) he may feel a new loyalty to them. A scenario like that might force him to make a tough choice between Joe or RIck. My guess is Daryl will spot the car that took Beth at Terminus, and that will become his new mission.

• Like 1

The revenge theme for the gang is just weird to me. They seem to be an group with a strong anarchy/strongest win bent and also killed a fellow member themselves. So days and days later they are on a "mission" to avenge their buddy? Hard to swallow that logic....

Agree totally. Did not ring true to me either, no way they're "good of the whole group" cohesive enough to give a flip, unless it had been Joe's brother or something.

- OS

I felt kinda let down.

They hyped up a huge cliff hanger, and then promoted all week "Who will Survive?!"

The only decent scene was the one with Joe's group. 

Terminus was predictable. All season has been 'food, food, food...' thus discovering a group of cannibals is predictable. 

It was still better than a lot of the crap on television  right now, but it was a let down versus what we have seen in the past, even this season.

Nothing has felt as good as the first season. I go back to the tank scene. When Rick fires his 'Excalibur' in the tank and we as viewers heard ringing, and we were disoriented watching the television, that was what I have come to expect. In that aspect, I continue to be let down, in lieu of nuance we get shock and awe. I feel insulted given the switch.