Season 4

Oh Shoot

Guest Augustus

Been watching TWD on Netflix for the last two years. Streamed seasons 1, 2, 3, and tonight was my first ever watching it on AMC. I think Season 4 is going to get intense.

Well, looks like we've got some new disease to face now. Started with the pig, maybe, but it sure ain't cholera.

- OS

It's something weird, that's for sure.

I think the kid that died in the shower (Patrick?) at the end must have gotten too close to the fence. They showed the same zombie that had the bleeding eyes a couple of times at different points in the show. It was "looking" at Rick both times. I gotta imagine that the boy got too close to it somehow.
One of the producers on Talking Dead afterward said this season should have a "greatest hits" type feel to it. Hope that means more overall action. To me last season was very slow. JMHO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SPOILER ALERT!!!! DO NOT READ MY POST IF YOU HAVENT SEEN THE EPISODE YET AND DONT WANT ANYTHING GIVEN AWAY

I thought it was a pretty good episode, so from what i understand Michonne is no longer with the group but is now focused on finding the governor? So she stays on the road doing that?

Also how many episodes will it be before rick has to put a bullet in the head of the crazy woods woman who led him back to camp to meet her husband? Apparently rick grant her her wish of "being like him" (her husband)

Also i have a feeling the new character, the army medic that daryl found surviving by himself, will be a big character this year. From the looks of it he is fighting an alcohol problem? They had it made in that retail store they found until that dude tipped the wine case over on himself. It looked like it hadnt been raided yet.

Hopefully there will not be too much people drama this year

I was happy with the episode.  I thought the scenes at the store were great.  We have a bunch of new red shirts to kill off as well, so that should be exciting.  

I think it had to start kinda slow to introduce the new characters and show the "new" life everyone was hanging on to at the prison.

I got bored and started looking up what kills pigs and humans. Its called the nipah virus. It kills pigs by affecting their respiratory system and humans by encephalitis/swelling of the brain. First symptoms are flu like and it some cases can cause bleeding. The only flaw to my theory is that they believe it to be transmitted to pigs by the flying fox (big a$$ fruit bat looking thing).
Im just kind of curious how the boar/pig were infected unless its a water supply thing.
Im pretty sure I am over thinking it and its just an to the thrax. (Spaced so that the black helicopters wont come and get me).

I got bored and started looking up what kills pigs and humans. Its called the nipah virus. It kills pigs by affecting their respiratory system and humans by encephalitis/swelling of the brain. First symptoms are flu like and it some cases can cause bleeding. The only flaw to my theory is that they believe it to be transmitted to pigs by the flying fox (big a$$ fruit bat looking thing).
Im just kind of curious how the boar/pig were infected unless its a water supply thing.
Im pretty sure I am over thinking it and its just an to the thrax. (Spaced so that the black helicopters wont come and get me).

....nerd alert...

Interesting episode. First thoughts.

The big black guy going soft not wanting to pull fence duty. Then later confiding that he didn't like it "out there either."

The bleeding eye zombie rang bells immediately for me. Just too much of a change. Then the pig with breathing issues in the pen. It just seemed to set off my spidey senses. Something is afoot here.

The woman in the woods...well, I was going in a different direction with her. When she didn't respond to Rick giving her his food; I thought he's being led to a cannibalistic group. And I still don't rule that out. And why was the husband(?) in the burlap bag left alone?

No coup de" grace from Rick? I think reed1285 is on track here. Maybe we'll see them again.

Lots more, but that just starts the season. We will see.

Compliancy kills!

Timeline of the show that opening of Season 4 is about 6-7 months after the showdown with the Governor’s forces.  At the very beginning I see signs of compliancy. The people in the prison take safety for granted. Rick goes out to tend to the garden, goes alone and without a firearm.  Finds a .45 semi-auto handgun, (I figure it got there during the battle with Gov’s people), ejects the magazine but does not check the chamber.

Later Rick goes to check on the snares.  At this point, I don’t know what the snares are about, but goes alone and had to be demanded to take is .357 mag revolver. 

People prepping for the “run” all looks well.  Arrive at the supermarket, get cocky and not looking for threats. 

The army medic is  hiding more than just a hankering for  booze..he strikes me as very untrustworthy for some reason. I think he will be a major player in the episodes to come. 

The kid  who dies in the shower.. what did he die of? he was only sick for a day ,right?

So far ..so  good :)

Wish AMC came in HD..

good episode except for the BS about the walkers falling through the ceiling/roof. i understand that the water rot/helicopter had weakened it. If they had all moved to the middle and it was one big collapse, it would have been okay. The issue is the walkers falling through weak points all over the roof suddenly. They were obviously wandering around up there for some time. none of them stepped on those weak spots until this moment?

other than that, hard to believe that any of them would just wander out in the woods with someone as sketchy as that. they've all seen enough to know better.

looks like it will be an interesting year though. i agree that the animal sickness is going to be a big issue in the future episodes.

"The army medic is  hiding more than just a hankering for  booze..he strikes me as very untrustworthy for some reason. I think he will be a major player in the episodes to come. 

The kid  who dies in the shower.. what did he die of? he was only sick for a day ,right?"

Army medic is suffering from PTSD and alcohol is a form of self-medication.  He's unstableness will probably show in next episodes.  He accidentaly knocked down the alcohol shelf that brought the airborne walkers that killed one of their own.  He will have to live with that.

The wild boar and pig in the pen dying.  Do we recall the walker outside the fence with bleeding eyes?  Could it be that walkers are spreading an airborne virus or bacteria?  Which could have killed the kid in the shower.

I brought up the complency issue, where the survivoris are comfortable in their setting.  Picnic breakfast, Darryl without a crossbow???  Survivors have taken the first need of Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs (Basic and Safety) for granted, and some are focused on social and esteem, ignoring the first two.

Guest Wesley33
I've seen Robert Kirkman and writers of the shows state that this season will likely be a season of "greatest hits" episodes. In my opinion they can only go up from season 3. I was surprised that walking dead kept such good ratings all through season 3. I'm excited about season 4 and based on the first episode, they have introduced enough new twists to keep this season interesting. What is up with the "bloody eyes"?? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - [url="http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1"]now Free[/url] Edited by Wesley33
Guest nra37922

Viruses mutate and that is a possible scenario which would go a long way toward explaining the death of the pig.  Contaminated water could be another but one would think that more folks and animals would be affected.