TGO AR Build Deals

It looks like that PSA includes a stock. But not a buffer tube?

How does it compare to this one (less mags and ?)

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/review/product/list/id/13955/category/315/

Edit: Never mind. I see this is what's actually in that kit mentioned above. Think I'm in. :)

moe_lbk_blk.jpg

Edit2: Think I'll go for this too.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/aim-sports-ar-armorers-kit-atarak.html

Edited by tnguy
  • Like 1

It looks like that PSA includes a stock. But not a buffer tube?

LBK (Lower Build Kit) has LPK (Lower Parts Kit) plus tube,spring, buffer, end plate, castle nut, stock.

Here's another one, without mags, showing all parts, just different stock.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/psa-str-lower-build-kit.html

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

Been looking around at options for a LPK and wanted some feedback on two kits from Spikes.   The first link is the standard kit which cost similar to other suppliers.   The second link is one of their enhanced kits that says is an upgraded trigger.   I'd like to have a better trigger than standard but don't want to spend the money for a high end trigger like a Geissele for example.   There are a few other upgrades in the kit like an ambi safety selector, upgraded grip, anti-rotation pins, etc.  The enlarged trigger guard doesn't matter in this case since the CMT lower has that already built in.   Neither one is in stock right now which doesn't matter since this will be a long term build project.  

So my question is, do you guys think the enhanced kit is worth $100 more than a standard kit since my main objective is to get a slightly better trigger than standard?  

Standard

http://www.spikestactical.com/new/ss/lower-kit-spikes-standard-parts-kit-p-421.html?zenid=c76ebe685c4ea78b9cd11e5bb9fe6569

Enhanced

http://www.spikestactical.com/new/ss/lower-kit-spikes-enhanced-parts-kit-p-422.html

Yall see ANY left hand uppers in stock any where?

I have not seen any. I think we will have to convert you to shoot right handed.

Just kidding Red, but I will keep my eye out for one. Are you looking for a complete barreled upper half or just the stripped upper? Does the lefty require a special bcg, I was not sure?

Seems like several places offer them but nobody has them in stock.

Might want to go ahead and make that $935, huh?

Ill go the other way and make it 890.00

Fly Boy

I think Robert was meaning that if you are going to sell something that you should pay the $35 benefactor fee and post any items for sale in the classifieds section.

I think Robert was meaning that if you are going to sell something that you should pay the $35 benefactor fee and post any items for sale in the classifieds section.

And by now merits a lifetime ticket for $150 for sleeping in class.
Guest Keal G Seo

So my question is, do you guys think the enhanced kit is worth $100 more than a standard kit since my main objective is to get a slightly better trigger than standard?  

I'd say if you are budgeting 170, get a decent 2 stage. If you aren't THAT worried about it, just want a small upgrade, I would get a mil-spec kit and a trigger adjusting grip screw.

I'd say if you are budgeting 170, get a decent 2 stage. If you aren't THAT worried about it, just want a small upgrade, I would get a mil-spec kit and a trigger adjusting grip screw.

So it sounds like my best bet then is to go with the standard LPK unless there is $100 2 stage trigger you can suggest.   Most I'm seeing are considerably more than that.   

Guest TankerHC

I came across an old thread on a website last night about building a sub $300 AR. The purpose was to take it to the range and not worry about it getting beat up. One reply was if he were to bang it around like he was thinking it probably wouldnt work which the reply was "Thats the point". Later on I see a slightly newer thread that the guy did it for around $250. This was around 2010 or 11.

I think you could still do that today. The lower could be polymer, like one of those Frontiers that go for 100 bucks but see now and then on sale for 79 and 89, that would cover a lot of it. This person then went on to buy as many used parts as he could find. I think with a good inspection, cleaning etc, that you might be able to find those parts cheap. On a gun like that optics wouldnt need to be $1000+, you could get by with a UTG. And there are plenty of cheap bipods on ebay and Amazon.

Just for sheets and giggles I think I am going to give it a try. Im setting my goal at under $325 because from searching around last night, I believe thats a realistic goal.

Going to follow this thread and see if I cant build a hooptie AR.