Cheaper Than Dirt What??

I am not one to judge who someone decides to do business with or how someone spends their money but to say CTD robbed anyone is pretty extreme. No one was forced to purchase ammo or magazines from them at extremely high prices. And I am the first to condemn anyone taking advantage of the shortages. I never purchased the outragously priced ammo, but I have purchased 3 firearms over the last 6 months for less than they could be found anywhere else. They were all shipped fro free and all arrived at my FFL within 3 days. And I will purchase reasonably priced items from them again.

Let me know when they announce they're shipping free cases and mags to the folks they robbed.

I do agree they were EXTREMELY overpriced ... BUT No one forced them to pay that much ... Hell i had several pmags on gunbroker last December that I started at $0 with no reserve and people bid them up about as high or higher than CTD ... It's just what the market was at the time ... I am not defending CTD but just saying ...

I strive to do business with a reputable honest business, preferably local but...

When a business establishment voluntarily goes crazy after a single incident and caves into hysteria, sentiment, emotion and the liberal mantra. By not honoring and canceling existing pre-paid firearms orders, making it difficult to get a refund, getting rid of their existing firearm stock, raising prices sky high and leading in the plundering of their customers.

I'll stand back and take a second look and see if these are the type of business's I want to support. Their business practices lead me to rename them and refer to them as:

OXYMORON DIRT

• Like 2

I sold mags and ammo to a few who were caught short during the worst of it, and I didn't make a dime.  A local gunshop had decent prices on firearms, but the last time I walked into the place he was selling .223 for a dollar a round.  Won't be back to see if he's lowered his prices.

I understand supply and demand.  I also believe that shooters ought to watch out for each other as a community.  There are many that agree with me, apparently, and I will reserve my custom for them.

• Like 6

$600 a thousand? Hell, I ain't never been that drunk.

And so many wonder why I cast for everything. Jeez!

$558 + shipping ;-)

Yes it's not ideal but I haven't seen brass .308 below $.65 in awhile even from other honest retailers (aim surplus, sportsmanguide, midway, sgammo, etc)

I strive to do business with a reputable honest business, preferably local but...

When a business establishment voluntarily goes crazy after a single incident and caves into hysteria, sentiment, emotion and the liberal mantra. By not honoring and canceling existing pre-paid firearms orders, making it difficult to get a refund, getting rid of their existing firearm stock, raising prices sky high and leading in the plundering of their customers.

I'll stand back and take a second look and see if these are the type of business's I want to support. Their business practices lead me to rename them and refer to them as:

OXYMORON DIRT

I do agree that ethics in business is to be valued, and those who do business in a manner that honors commitment to it's customers. So I prefer to deal with such an institution.

I sold mags and ammo to a few who were caught short during the worst of it, and I didn't make a dime.  A local gunshop had decent prices on firearms, but the last time I walked into the place he was selling .223 for a dollar a round.  Won't be back to see if he's lowered his prices.
  I understand supply and demand.  I also believe that shooters ought to watch out for each other as a community.  There are many that agree with me, apparently, and I will reserve my custom for them.

A great sentiment, and I do see a lot of that here. Hopefully the shooting community will continue do so.
I'm all for capitalism and don't persecute any retailer or private seller for trying to get as much as the market will bear. If people don't buy it then they lower their prices, simple economics. So I mostly blame the idiot consumers and panic buyers, and of course the illogical liberal politicians for creating the inflated market.

Having said that, I no longer shop with CTD and doubt I ever will again. My main reason is that they founded their company on a core value of having cool stuff at cheaper than market prices, which was how they became successful and grew so rapidly, but then quickly turned against their core value for the sake of a little extra revenue, at the expense of the many consumers which made them successful to begin with. Perhaps this was done out of greed, or maybe to cover rising costs associated with their growth, and/or inefficient management... I suspect a combination of all the above. But regardless of their motives, I simply protest this change by spending my money elsewhere, and will continue to do so unless and until they truly do return to having cool stuff which really is CTD.

I'm all for capitalism and don't persecute any retailer or private seller for trying to get as much as the market will bear. If people don't buy it then they lower their prices, simple economics. So I mostly blame the idiot consumers and panic buyers, and of course the illogical liberal politicians for creating the inflated market.

I'm all for capitalism too, but I also believe that there is such a thing as ethics in capitalism. Ethics are a subjective thing, but I generally think we all can look at something and come up with the determination of what's right and what's wrong. CTD has done some very wrong things, in my opinion. Perhaps there are many people out there who disagree that their practices were unethical, but I don't see how they can be logically defended. The day following (or perhaps even hours following) the Sandy Hook shootings CTD jacked up their prices on certain items by 10 times the normal cost. They then contributed to the panic by having advertisements suggesting these will be banned. To me, that is a company who is attempting to make money on dead kids. Sorry, that's how it simply boils down. I won't give my money to people like that. As far as I'm concerned they can all rot in hell.
  • Like 3

A big reason I don't anymore is this. The owner bought a bunch of powder from a bunch of dealers at a show but on Monday he filed disputes for all those purchases. Most of the dealers eventually got their money but it tied up the money for a long time. But some didn't think it was worth the hassle. In the end the owner wound up with some free powder on the backs of honest people.

• Like 1