Obama now runs the insurance companies

Guest TankerHC

Guest TankerHC
About to get on TV to extend people's policies for a year. The insurance company executives must feel honored that they now work for a bunch of Democrat politicians. They are no longer in private business. No more worries with meetings and whatnot, just sit back and wait for Barry, Nancy and Harry to tell you what to do.

Will the American people be dumb enough to fall for this illegal attempt to save the politicians jobs?

Time will tell.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Unfortunately, the business world is a bit more complicated than a grade school playground.  "Do-overs" don't really work in an adult environment.

And the 7 million or so whose plans have already been canceled?  Are those plans suddenly 'un-cancelled'?  If so, this is black Friday for the insurance industry.

The law was so bad it required massive bribery and massive lying to the people to pass it.  The law is so bad that to actually enforce it would cause devastation to the Democrat party (thus the delay of the employer mandate).  The law is so bad that the ratio of people who have so far lost their insurance to the number of people who have actually gotten insured is better than 50 to 1.

Hey, "It's the law of the land".  "Wanting to delay Obamacare means you're a bomb throwing terrorist".  "Only whacko-birds would try to stop this". 

"I insist on full and immediate implementation of Obamacare  There will be no negotiation, and I will ensure the American people feel the greatest pain from any (microscopically partial) government shutdown".

You know what?  I insist on full and immediate implementation of Obamacare as well.  (It's the very best way to get it repealed).

I guess Obama has pivoted to jobs - the jobs of Democrats in Congress.

• Like 4

Now if your plan is cancelled, it's the insurance companies fault, not the law, Him.  can the insurance companies just bring all these back? :shrug:  Does this now mean those without insurance will not be subject to a fine. :shrug: i think this will just add more confussion to this mess.

Now if your plan is cancelled, it's the insurance companies fault, not the law, Him.  can the insurance companies just bring all these back? :shrug:  Does this now mean those without insurance will not be subject to a fine. :shrug: i think this will just add more confussion to this mess.

The confusion is intentional.  He is trying to confuse low-info voters about who is responsible.  "We didn't do it, it was those wascally insurance companies"!

• Like 1
  • Admin Team

This is nothing but trying to give Democratic lawmakers cover to avoid voting for the House Republican plan being offered tomorrow.

It sounds like a delay, but pragmatically it exactly nothing.  Health Insurance companies have already acted in good faith, assuming the law would be implemented.  The plans have already been cancelled.  And none of them are going to jump through hoops to act against their own self interest (any more so than the ACA already requires) to renew a plan that's going to be constantly bad mouthed and cancelled again in a year anyway.

And yet...

• Like 2

Too little, too late.  Nothing, actually, but he is trying to toss this live grenade to insurance companies, Republicans, anybody who'll catch it.  Meanwhile, "We said the website would be working by the end of November.  We didn't mean this November."

I wish all the major insurance and hospital executives would ban together and tell Obama to go pound sand, and go on operating as normal.

Why would they do that? They allowed themselves to become moochers by going along with this Utopian wet dream. They and

the big pharmaceuticals got bought off. When you have the IRS as your collection agent for your insurance premiums, it made it

easy for them, plus all the money they got up front.

It will only hurt to the extent that the health care system will be destroyed, and all the money siphoned off by the IRS will go to other

things like more electric cars and less coal plants. By the time it collapses, the only ones with much health care services will be those

who didn't rely on the insurance companies.

The time for the insurance company and hospital executives to make their stand would have been before the law was passed.

But, we'll have to pass it so we can find out what was in it.

It was political cover that won't work for the midterms. Bush's fault.

Oh a similar topic my Son in law decided to see if he could go on the site and get a quote. My daughter said she thought she was going to have to use smelling sauce to get him to wake back up after he almost passed out from sticker shock. Right now through his employer he pays $159.00 a month and his company pays $140.00 a month towards it. He has a $250.00 deductible and drug coverage. When the plan he is on goes away this coming year when his company drops the insurance for employees even though they have under 50 employees. When he saw the prices on the exchange ACA program he about fainted. His premium cost out of pocket will be  $396.00 a month for him and his wife and his deductible will be $3,000.00 before the ACA plan begins paying. Has anyone ever noticed that when the ACA Exchange is discussed on news networks and I mean any of them the deductibles are never discussed. Just the Premium costs are mentioned? He said that he would be able to afford the Premium but would strain his budget but there is no way he could afford the premiums and a deductible that high so he is going to pay the penalty to being with once his company drops the plan. His boss has also said that his company dropping the insurance is not edged in stone yet  and they are looking at other options and talking to their present insurance company to see what can be worked out. I think it is the deductibles that are driving people away from the ACA more than it is the premiums but that is ..........jmho

Nope.  Just finished reading press releases from three insurance underwriter groups.  Direct quotes:   "This is a new insanity".  "Premiums have already been set for next year, based on assumptions of when consumers will be transitioning to the marketplaces."  "If now fewer younger and healthier people choose to purchase health coverage in the exchanges, premiums will increase, and there will be fewer choices for consumers".  "many states require a 60-day notice of a change in plan or a cancellation. It’s November 15! How can they comply with this new element of federal law, and with their state laws?"

So, your old plan is gone with the wind.  Your Obamacare plan is going to be even more expensive than you thought.  Obama is going to try very hard to pin the tail on the insurance companies, instead of the donkey. 

• Like 1
  • Admin Team

This is insanity. Since when can the president just change laws? If he can change this one, he can change any law. He is now a dictator.

He has no intention of changing the law.  This whole thing was designed to try and slow down the developing stampede of Democrats who were going to vote with the House Republicans tomorrow.  The only major difference between what Obama offered and what the House has proposed is that the Republican plan would continue to sell "cancelled" plans for the next year, where the Obama plan would nix new enrollment.

Problem is.  All of the major insurers have already acted in good faith to obey the portion of the law that went into effect 44 days ago.  The insurers aren't going to play ball.

If the GOP is smart (and those are long odds), they'll use whatever clout they have with big business (the insurers) to get the message out that this "administrative fix" isn't going to help address the problems.  At this point, if they push, they can likely really get a year delay - which takes it out past the mid-term elections.  Assuming they can get on message and actually bring some people to their side (again not holding out a lot of hope), they could possibly take enough seats to attempt a real repeal - which the president will veto - and we'll have two years of absolute gridlock - which I'm okay with.

• Like 1

Insurance underwriters will have to get in line.  State healthcare exchange officials are already stating they will not comply, nor allow insurance companies to comply, with any such delay.  Partial delays, partial compliance, universal uncertainty as to what he'll decide to change next, valid questions as to the legality of the executive branch modifying legislation without bothering to ask Congress...

The far left will try to morph Obamacare into single payer.  That just isn't in the realm of the possible.

So we've got Democrats running as fast as they can from the bomb they set.  Obama trying to provide cover by doing the same thing he was dead set against just a month ago.  Insurance underwriters and state exchanges facing off the feds.  The IRS now having no idea who is compliant, who isn't, who gets fined and who walks.  Hospitals now have NO CLUE what will be considered a 'compliant' plan, and suddenly all that new software is 'questionable'.  At least 7 million who now don't have insurance, have no idea if they're going to get their old insurance, Obamacare, or something in between...

Republicans need to take a long step back, que up the extended cut of 'Yakkety Sax', and enjoy the show.  The longer the democrats try to polish this turd, the greater the devastation at the polls. 

It will be painful, but eventually a majority will demand repeal and replace.

Edited by Mark@Sea
  • Like 2

How is he not changing the law?  He has given waivers/delays to government employees and big business.  Then he is now given joe schmo a delay, and for some it is too little to late.  This president is again trying to unilaterally create laws.  If it wasn't in the original law passed by congress and the law/regulation is created outside of a congressional vote then guess what?  it is UNCONSTITUTIONAL.  The founders specifically stated the function of each branch of government in the Constitution.  I don't recall any mention of the executive branch having any authority to legislate (read: create laws).  the founders also had ZERO intention of Congress relinquishing the exclusive authority to legislate from themselves to another branch of government.  By doing this, Congress has allowed a group of people who are not DIRECTLY accountable to the citizens of this country the ability to create laws and regulations with no oversight whatsoever. 

I do agree that all this is a smoke screen to keep the Dems from losing their asses in the mid-terms and in 2016.  After all this is said and done, if these idiots keep their seats then I am scared for my children...

He has no intention of changing the law.  This whole thing was designed to try and slow down the developing stampede of Democrats who were going to vote with the House Republicans tomorrow.  The only major difference between what Obama offered and what the House has proposed is that the Republican plan would continue to sell "cancelled" plans for the next year, where the Obama plan would nix new enrollment.

Problem is.  All of the major insurers have already acted in good faith to obey the portion of the law that went into effect 44 days ago.  The insurers aren't going to play ball.

If the GOP is smart (and those are long odds), they'll use whatever clout they have with big business (the insurers) to get the message out that this "administrative fix" isn't going to help address the problems.  At this point, if they push, they can likely really get a year delay - which takes it out past the mid-term elections.  Assuming they can get on message and actually bring some people to their side (again not holding out a lot of hope), they could possibly take enough seats to attempt a real repeal - which the president will veto - and we'll have two years of absolute gridlock - which I'm okay with.

If and that is a very big "IF" we can gain control of the Senate with the majority and keep the House Reid is gone (1st good thing.) Botox Pelosi is gone (2nd good thing) If we can gain the majority in the Senate and keep the House Obama Care or ACA or what ever they are calling it now can be completely repealed but the Repub's better have a plan to replace it immediately upon the repeal. Obama can veto it but the Senate and the House can over ride his Veto and put the plans in play. Then they can begin impeachment proceedings against him and his cronies and he won't be in power his last two years of his term and that would be a bonus for the entire country............jmho

The insurers are gonna take a bath on this. No way is the math going to work for them in the individual market. They're simply going to wind up top heavy with older folks, who aren't paying any more than young healthy folks, who aren't going to ante up in enough numbers. Matter of fact, 18-30 year olds have probably overall become the poorest demographic in the country, and probably at least 25% of them are Medicaid eligible and at least another 25% eligible for subsidies to pay most of the premium.

And it's a laugh to think the "penalties" will take up the slack, and the small percentage ever collected don't go to the insurance companies either.

The only thing the ACA is successfully doing is hugely expanding the Medicaid population, which of course is just spending tax money, or actually, mostly the money off the printing presses.

Looks to me like BHO's plan is actually working out just as he wanted -- the gummit will be "forced" to step in and "save" American Health Care, by taking it over and managing it 100%.

- OS

• Like 1
  • Admin Team

The insurers are gonna take a bath on this. No way is the math going to work for them in the individual market. They're simply going to wind up top heavy with older folks, who aren't paying any more than young healthy folks, who aren't going to ante up in enough numbers. Matter of fact, 18-30 year olds have probably overall become the poorest demographic in the country, and probably at least 25% of them are Medicaid eligible and at least another 25% eligible for subsidies to pay most of the premium.

And it's a laugh to think the "penalties" will take up the slack, and the small percentage ever collected don't go to the insurance companies either.

The only thing the ACA is successfully doing is hugely expanding the Medicaid population, which of course is just spending tax money, or actually, mostly the money off the printing presses.

Looks to me like BHO's plan is actually working out just as he wanted -- the gummit will be "forced" to step in and "save" American Health Care, by taking it over and managing it 100%.

- OS

I've always thought if their end goal was a single payer system, then the ACA was a brilliant opening move, as no private entity can compete with an organization that is willing to operate at a loss quarter after quarter.

If you're really wanting a good conspiracy theory to chew on, maybe the "failed" rollout was actually planned to accelerate the transition...

Personally, I don't buy that theory. I don't think they're smart enough to pull it off.
  • Like 4

I've always thought if their end goal was a single payer system, then the ACA was a brilliant opening move, as no private entity can compete with an organization that is willing to operate at a loss quarter after quarter.

If you're really wanting a good conspiracy theory to chew on, maybe the "failed" rollout was actually planned to accelerate the transition...

Personally, I don't buy that theory. I don't think they're smart enough to pull it off.

Then you maybe weren't listening in the right circles. The notion of this mess failing into a single payer system was discussed quite a bit on the left. They're smart enough to damage the free market enough that there's no way back. It's what they do.

• Like 1