Lets see your battle gear/vests

[quote name="Spots" post="1095680" timestamp="1389818924"]I got my new SOE gear .308 micro rig in today. Took it for a walk in the woods as soon as I got it packed. [url="http://s535.photobucket.com/user/tnplowboy07/media/44f4aebf-0954-4be7-98b5-846a1dd1d017_zps19384dbd.jpg.html"]44f4aebf-0954-4be7-98b5-846a1dd1d017_zps[/url] [url="http://s535.photobucket.com/user/tnplowboy07/media/1a9d42f2-56c3-4668-924e-68f5dee9ae69_zps335d33f5.jpg.html"]1a9d42f2-56c3-4668-924e-68f5dee9ae69_zps[/url] [url="http://s535.photobucket.com/user/tnplowboy07/media/1ca0178f-84e6-4de1-b48c-e743d086cdc4_zps56306d03.jpg.html"]1ca0178f-84e6-4de1-b48c-e743d086cdc4_zps[/url][/quote] I have the SOE Micro AK/M4 rig. Nice rig for going light- mags & IFAK, etc. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

• 11 months later...

This is a good thread to bump back to life...

I put together this little rig this month.  It's mostly Condor gear...yeah, there is better kit out there, but Condor is fine for my predicted use.  I might upgrade the rig to the OSOE PALS Micro Rig later on, but I'm happy with what I have for now.  Total cost if put together from scratch (I already had a few items laying around) is ~$140, minus the cost of the PMAGs- add another $25 if you consider my dump pouch part of the kit.

My goal with this was to embrace a minimalist mindset.  I wanted a rig to handle my needs at the range, and function as a grab and go along with a bug out bag in the worst case scenario (which I'm admittedly not spending all that much time and effort planing).  For too long in the Army, I had a vest or rack full of the lightest crap ever invented that added up fast, some of it required by the command, the rest I felt I needed.  With this, I'll only add something if I realize I need it after longing for it.  The rest can stay in my bag which will be close by unless I'm far enough downrange checking targets.

Rig Contents

4x AR Mags

1x Pistol Mag

1x Strap Cutter

1x CAT

1x Carabiner

1x Notebook w/pens in the Admin Pouch

IMG_20141226_200457_zpsakbgtlvs.jpg

• Like 1

I love SOE's stuff as it's very high quality but MAN those guys are insanely arrogant. Nothing wrong with being an alpha male but the posts I see all the time on the likes of their Facebook are either borderlined or full fledged douchebag, at least it is when it ISN'T concerning a sale promotion.

• Like 1

I love SOE's stuff as it's very high quality but MAN those guys are insanely arrogant. Nothing wrong with being an alpha male but the posts I see all the time on the likes of their Facebook are either borderlined or full fledged douchebag, at least it is when it ISN'T concerning a sale promotion.

I love his attitude. At least he isn't kissing the ass of every moron who screws up an order then blames him. The customer is not always right. Of course it helps Ive ran quite a hit of his gear and its basically bomb proof.
  • Like 3

I love his attitude. At least he isn't kissing the ass of every moron who screws up an order then blames him. The customer is not always right. Of course it helps Ive ran quite a hit of his gear and its basically bomb proof.

He also says EVERYTIME he posts some kind of rant that they are in the minority of his business. Most that I can remember are because of customers that think he keeps everything in stock when his website plainly states a possible 6-8 week wait and then complain about why it hasnt been shipped....I would probably get tired of that myself at some point...
  • Like 2

I agree with this as well as I've been in retail for a long time BUT to be a flat out butt just because you can? I mean come on, there is a word called professionalism that we all have to maintain at some point in our careers but then, if it's your own business I guess you can run it however you want. Just my $.02 on the matter.

Since we're talking gear though I'll post some pictures of some of mine.

Grey Ghost Gear Minimalist Plate Carrier.  Got it on sale recently and thought it would be a great holder for an extra set of steel plates I had sitting around.

[url=http://s1246.photobucket.com/user/gjohnsoniv/media/1231142216_zps70368582.jpg.html]1231142216_zps70368582.jpg[/URL]

Blue Force Gear SOC-C Belt with Velocity Systems level IIIA inserts, last set produced.  Also some Esstac pouches.  These are really nice, they have kydex inserts that hold the magazines in really well but come out easily when you need them.

[url=http://s1246.photobucket.com/user/gjohnsoniv/media/1231142211_zpsdf9efdc4.jpg.html]1231142211_zpsdf9efdc4.jpg[/URL]

Mayflower Gen IV UW Chest Rig. Got this one in trade a while back and have really liked it.  It can also clip into another plate carrier of mine from Mayflower.  Need to move some things around on it but it's been good so far.

[url=http://s1246.photobucket.com/user/gjohnsoniv/media/1231142219_zpsc47f414f.jpg.html]1231142219_zpsc47f414f.jpg[/URL]

First Spear ECP.  I'll have to get some pictures in a bit but I don't have any currently. (Christmas gift)

[URL=http://s1246.photobucket.com/user/gjohnsoniv/media/0101151613_zpsf73c74f7.jpg.html]0101151613_zpsf73c74f7.jpg[/URL]

[URL=http://s1246.photobucket.com/user/gjohnsoniv/media/0101151614_zps5cfaae9f.jpg.html]0101151614_zps5cfaae9f.jpg[/URL]

Edited by gjohnsoniv
  • Like 1

You really can't argue with the Porsche he has parked outside of his shop. He's an ass, yes, but he makes really, really good gear. As far as anyone is concerned if you don't like his attitude you can always get the same things from other makers out there.

Thing is though, he is not an ass. He might play one on YouTube or not take shit from customers bitching about a 5 dollar product, but he really isn't. John is a good guy and loyal to his friends and customers. I'm happy to call john a friend. But you certainly don't have to like him or even buy his stuff. He won't mind. I'm not even his target market and most of the Internet isnt either. But we keep giving him money and making Camden richer. So he must be doing something right.
  • Like 4
  • 3 months later...

Thing is though, he is not an ass. He might play one on YouTube or not take #### from customers bitching about a 5 dollar product, but he really isn't. John is a good guy and loyal to his friends and customers. I'm happy to call john a friend. But you certainly don't have to like him or even buy his stuff. He won't mind. I'm not even his target market and most of the Internet isnt either. But we keep giving him money and making Camden richer. So he must be doing something right.

So I actually took your comment to heart and erased any preconceived notions about the guy before I met him, as I would hope someone would do with me. Sure as sh*t, I ran into him after a class in Camden, as some of the guys I was with wanted to stop by, and he is actually a rather soft spoken, albeit stern and precise, guy but extremely personable. He'll say what's on his mind and not hold back, I think he amplifies that simply for the channel, as you said. I take back and eat all that I said prior here. He is a VERY good dude. He showed us where the magic happens and showed us the new site. Was pretty awesome for him to take time out of his day like that for us. I will buy one of his rigs here in the future just for his hospitality.

Sent from the future using a flux capacitor.
  • Like 1

So I actually took your comment to heart and erased any preconceived notions about the guy before I met him, as I would hope someone would do with me. Sure as sh*t, I ran into him after a class in Camden, as some of the guys I was with wanted to stop by, and he is actually a rather soft spoken, albeit stern and precise, guy but extremely personable. He'll say what's on his mind and not hold back, I think he amplifies that simply for the channel, as you said. I take back and eat all that I said prior here. He is a VERY good dude. He showed us where the magic happens and showed us the new site. Was pretty awesome for him to take time out of his day like that for us. I will buy one of his rigs here in the future just for his hospitality.

Sent from the future using a flux capacitor.

That's good to hear. Glad you got to meet him.