Budsgunshop

Andyshowfan

I am happy to announce that, as long as the deal doesn't implode, budsgunshop.com is coming to Sevierville. It will feature several indoor shooting ranges equipped to handle all pistol calibers and most if not all rifle calibers and I believe I understood him to say a tactical rifle/pistol range. It will also feature a large retail area and classrooms to teach anything from HCP classes to defensive tactics . The developers are also working to get a food vendor, such as firehouse subs or similar to set up shop there too. It was presented to me as "manland" a place to come to hang out even if you are not buying or using the range. The conceptional drawings looked awesome! It will be in an existing building close to Smoky Mountain Knife Works.  

• Like 3

That good & bad news at the same time. I've visted Buds at their retail location in KY a few times & their selection is insane & ammunition prices are geat, but part of the reason I order guns from Bud's is their prices are lower than anyone's & no sales tax. I guess it's possible that the money I'd save on FFL transfers could make up for the sales tax.

That leads me to another question. How much is sales tax in the Seviereville area?

All of TN is currently 9.75% I believe

Incorrect.

The State of TN official sales tax rate is 7.0% with local options for up to 2.75%  In other words 9.75 is the abolute maximum.  Not all jurisdictions assess the full 2.75% that they can.  For example, Knoxville/Knox County is only 9.25% total.

But does this mean I will have to pay sales tax on stuff that I order from them?

As long as their prices don't increase, Bud's will likely continue to be cheaper than most other local retailers, even after sales tax. Online is a different story. May have to order more from Kentucky Gun Company.

Edited by TripleDigitRide
  • Like 1

I got an email back from Bud's stating they have no plans of opening another location. I do know that Bud's is the only other location in the U.S. that has a Smoky Mtn. Knife Works display. Maybe that had something to do with the rumors. I guess time will tell. Either way, here's the return email from Bud's.

From Bud's: "Unfortunately, to my knowledge (unless WAY above my pay grade) we do not have plans opening another store.

Sorry for the bad news!

Thanks,
Camran
BudsGunShop.com"

I am happy to announce that, as long as the deal doesn't implode, budsgunshop.com is coming to Sevierville. It will feature several indoor shooting ranges equipped to handle all pistol calibers and most if not all rifle calibers and I believe I understood him to say a tactical rifle/pistol range. It will also feature a large retail area and classrooms to teach anything from HCP classes to defensive tactics . The developers are also working to get a food vendor, such as firehouse subs or similar to set up shop there too. It was presented to me as "manland" a place to come to hang out even if you are not buying or using the range. The conceptional drawings looked awesome! It will be in an existing building close to Smoky Mountain Knife Works.

So, is this just a rumor?
I'm a building inspector for the city of Sevierville and any new or remodeling of this type must come through my office. So its more than a rumor. They went through the process of getting the property rezoned so the range could be there and are set to close on the building that houses Coleman and is next door to SMKW.
Hey Andyshow, can you please remind them Seveir county requires the store has to have a complaint box,to be checked weekly, and all firearms purchases must include a free ticket to the hatfield and mc coy dinner show,
thanks!!
Just teasing,but good location. Not too deep in pforge so it's easy to get to regardless of traffic ,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling.
Guest TankerHC

Hey Andyshow, can you please remind them Seveir county requires the store has to have a complaint box,to be checked weekly, and all firearms purchases must include a free ticket to the hatfield and mc coy dinner show,
thanks!
!
Just teasing,but good location. Not too deep in pforge so it's easy to get to regardless of traffic ,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling.

Unless your from out of town, then the Hatfield and McCoy tickets require a 7 hour tour on a golf cart of a time share. 

Edited by TankerHC