Anyone else been violently ill lately?

TMF

It sucks and I need to commiserate. Both my kids have had it and now I have it. Brought it in from out of state. It seems to lay dormant for three or four days after exposure, then hits you, so if a family member gets it keep the best distance you can for a few days. You don't want this. I thought I was out of the woods since my son had it Saturday, and I showed no signs until this morning.

if you mean intestinally.... then yes, our whole family had that - supposedly a very hearty strain of Norovirus. 5-7 days of it.

My folks got it the same time as my two year old and they said the nausea held on for a week. Both my kids were fine after 36 hours though. Kids seem to bounce back quicker; probably because they lick handrails all day and have iron immune systems.
  • Like 2
Guest Lester Weevils
Thanks for the heads-up. Checked with wife and she said we are down to only 3 doses of phenergan, been a few years since refilled. Will call for a refill tomorrow.

Edit: Meclizine is about the best over the counter anti-nausea as far as I know, but it is VERY sedating for many hours, to me, so it wouldn't be the first choice. Edited by Lester Weevils
I got the explosive diarrhea (yay) a few hours prior to violent vomiting, but my kids didnt get that part and neither did my dad. Vomiting just stopped for me. Of course, my wife just woke up puking her guts out. It breaks my heart. I hate seeing her with this.

I become violently ill every time I switch on the news and see how the boy king's administration is sending this nation down the crapper.

But you know there's a cure for that. :D