Murfreesboro Gun Show

Good show. Got there around 9:15, small line. Firearm prices are coming down, ammo was average.  22LR is still priced like gold (some vendors had it broken up into 100rnd sandwich baggies for $12) . Had a fair amount of cash on hand, couldn't part with it today except for a couple of Glock mags. Left at 10:45 and was a little too crowded for my liking.

Always nice to see David for loading warez, Ken Arnold always has problem solving items hanging on his display. Both are True gentlemen knowledgeable about their products and pleasant to deal with!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling.

I thought it was a good show, but goodness was it ever crowded! I sold an old model 10 Smith and bought a model 28 Smith. Also found a box of 30-30 projectiles. I haven't seen any of those for sale in a while. I think David has lost a lot of weight since I last saw him.

I actually saw several guns priced realistically. That was a breath of fresh air.

I would like to have met some of you guys. We should paint our faces wear name tags, or something.

Edited by gregintenn
  • Like 1

I thought it was a good show, but goodness was it ever crowded! I sold an old model 10 Smith and bought a model 28 Smith. Also found a box of 30-30 projectiles. I haven't seen any of those for sale in a while. I think David has lost a lot of weight since I last saw him.

I actually saw several guns priced realistically. That was a breath of fresh air.

Yeah, it was packed! I was with my FIL and he's about 6' 6" 400lbs and it took some doing for both of us to stay together as we made our way through the crowd. And yes, it was nice to see quite a few guns back to where they should have been a long time ago.

I got to say hi to Mike. Was nice meeting you.

And Ruger, thank you for that post on the ammo cans. If you hadn't posted that I probably would have missed then since I was planning to hit David's booth and leave. Edited by jonathon1289
  • Like 1

I got to say hi to Mike. Was nice meeting you.

And Ruger, thank you for that post on the ammo cans. If you hadn't posted that I probably would have missed then since I was planning to hit David's booth and leave.

No problem! I was telling my FIL that it wouldn't be but a few rows over and they'd be $19.99 and sure enough! We checked them before we bought, only one had a terrible gasket in it, we put it back and got 4 really good ones. Can't beat that price these days. I may pick up a couple more tomorrow.

I would like to have met some of you guys. We should paint our faces wear name tags, or something.

Maybe a sign like the guys put in the barrel of a for sale rifle. :rofl:

I did see a few gas blocks, but none were adjustable,

and not one left hand bolt. The looks I get when I ask is priceless.

I thought it was a good show. Sold my Win. Mod 70 as soon as I walked in the door. Didn't buy anything. I agree with Greg,

we need to start wearing name stickers on our shirt, paint our nails or something, LOL, so we can recognize the TGO.

Now I'm ready for some NFL tomorrow.

Anybody know the old #### who was toward the back corner and had a table of 550 round Federals for $75 per box? I sorta wanted to kick him in the crotch, but I guess my frustrations would be better directed at the people who were buying from him.

Back left? Saw that too. I grumbled loud enough for everyone around me to hear my disgust.

Anybody know the old #### who was toward the back corner and had a table of 550 round Federals for $75 per box? I sorta wanted to kick him in the crotch, but I guess my frustrations would be better directed at the people who were buying from him.

I wonder if anyone really buys those or if he just sets them out hoping? Maybe he didn't get the memo those days have passed?
Went early Saturday, was a pretty good show. Saw a few guns reasonably priced, picked up a few small things. But the highlight of the show was meeting David and buying bullets and primers from him. He was super nice, gave me a great TGO deal, and tossed in a small gift when I purchased in bulk. I had gone to the show primarily to meet him and give him some business, because I was impressed by his generous offers for TGO members in the past, especially holding 22 for members at very low prices when he could have easily sold it for more. If I had the extra cash I would have spent more than a grand with him, but for now had to be content to get what I could and take his business card for future purchases. David is a class act, and I thank God for the many great people like him in our shooting community.