NO, don't let it be so Jim Beam & Maker's Mark has been sold.

vontar

It's a global world. National pride [production] is a dying animal.
At least it got sold to a nationality of people who aren't known for butt raping companies and driving them into the ground like a fence post. Japanese businessmen are cutthroat and ruthless but they know how to run businesses. It's why Toyota makes money and good products while GM loses money and builds garbage. With a little luck, the Japanese businessmen who are buying this realize the products need NOTHING and are perfect the way they are.
There's nothing wrong with Miroku made Winchesters, Howa rifles or Sumitomo machine guns. Work ethics from the Japanese people could be a model the US could stand to learn (relearn more appropriately) from.

It's a global world. National pride [production] is a dying animal.
At least it got sold to a nationality of people who aren't known for butt raping companies and driving them into the ground like a fence post. Japanese businessmen are cutthroat and ruthless but they know how to run businesses. It's why Toyota makes money and good products while GM loses money and builds garbage. With a little luck, the Japanese businessmen who are buying this realize the products need NOTHING and are perfect the way they are.
There's nothing wrong with Miroku made Winchesters, Howa rifles or Sumitomo machine guns. Work ethics from the Japanese people could be a model the US could stand to learn (relearn more appropriately) from.

It has nothing to do with work ethics. It has to do with big business buying cheaper products from third world nations for resale in America. We can't compete.

Dang, and I just cut the red wax from bottle of MM last night.  Should have saved it for a collector's item.  But, then again, I'd be depriving myself of one of life's little luxuries.

Why?  From what I've read the new owners have no intentions of changing anything.  The existing management and workforce, methods etc... are to continue.  "You just keep doing what you do and let the profits roll up to your new owners."

Could be worse.  Usually the Japanese make quality products, unlike some places.  And most likely, it is simply ownership --- the factory and employees etc stay right here, the profits go to the owner.   I can't see them uprooting it to their island just to ship it here to sell...  so it will still be made in the usa and all that. 

This is part of the capitalism that we supposedly cherish --- when the time is right, you cash out and sell your business.  

• Like 1

Obviously they make money (16 billion value!) so you wonder, why would they be on the market?  I say its an American group who said "let someone else deal with the upcoming hassles of Obamacare, higher taxes, more intrusive OSHA requirements, FDA requirements, a return to restrictive advertising, etc, etc" 

As previously stated, they got out while it was all still good and valuable.

Work ethic, hygiene, diet, fitness, self respect....

As long as we don't get their desire to kill themselves over a silly sense of honor and make our own suicide forest...

No seppuku for the master distiller at Beam please.

Also, people could check out Heaven Hill Distilleries.  They're a family owned business whose master distillers are all from the Beam family I do believe.

Guest Lester Weevils

When japanese music hardware companies buy USA music software companies, it seems to be a kiss of death even more fatal than the bad luck of being bought by Gibson USA. :) Maybe in liquor it won't turn out thataway however.

Budweiser and Busch got sold back several years ago to a German beer company and I have a friend that has worked in the St.Louis plant for almost 25 years and he said the German company did not change 1 thing about the beer or the marketing. It is the same as it has always been. I don't think the Japanese will change anything in the Kentucky Bourbon's either. They just want to be making the money it produces..............jmho

As long as we don't get their desire to kill themselves over a silly sense of honor and make our own suicide forest...
No seppuku for the master distiller at Beam please.

And the obsession with school girls and used women's panties they could probably keep. And anime. No society is perfect I guess.
  • Like 1

Budweiser and Busch got sold back several years ago to a German beer company and I have a friend that has worked in the St.Louis plant for almost 25 years and he said the German company did not change 1 thing about the beer or the marketing. It is the same as it has always been. I don't think the Japanese will change anything in the Kentucky Bourbon's either. They just want to be making the money it produces..............jmho

Belgian beer company. Those folks know more about making beer than anybody.