PSA

RC3

Anyone know the usual time it takes for orders from the palmetto state armory to get fulfilled? I ordered an upper from them and a few days later it went out of stock on their web site and I tried calling but it automatically takes me to a busy line. The only thing I have received so far is a confirmation for my payment. Any info will help out a ton. 

Don't they still state the turn around time on the item page?

Yep, just looked at one:

"*Please allow up to 15 business days for your Complete Assembled Upper to ship from our facility.  Holiday and special lead times can be longer*"

And note, that's "business days" and that's to "ship", not receive.

If you were allowed to order it, you'll get it.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
Yep, give it a few weeks. I've exchanged emails with their customer service before when shipping lowers. They've always been very responsive, usually getting back with me within an hour on business days. I remember them getting a lot of flak during the panic this time last year regarding customer service, but I think folks couldn't grasp how hard they were being hit with orders and inquiries at the time.

If you feel you need to contact them just send an email and include your order number in the subject line. I bet you hear back within a day.

Even when I've ordered a parts kit or a mag or something else that would require no assembly, it always takes longer to receive if I order it from PSA vs. somewhere else. The price is usually worth the extra wait time but if by chance i'm needing something asap, I look elsewhere.

Thanks guys. Ill just forget about it and be surprised when it arrives. It was just concerned when it went out of stock a about a day and a half later after I placed and payed for my order.

I completely understand. I placed my first order from them not that long ago and never received and order confirmation, shipping notification or anyything letting me know that the order had gone through. I worried myself about it for about 10 days before it showed up. I've now placed 9-10 orders with them and several of them went the same way as far as communication goes but the products have always shown up eventually. I trust that they will send me what I pay them for and try not to think about it until it shows up. I'm sure it's different when you have a lower sitting there waiting for an upper though huh?

LOL.

A friend of mine ordered a few cases of ammo from PSA. About a week later he expressed the same concerns.

I told him not to worry and that they'll come through for him. About 10 days later the ammo arrived. Great pricing for these days as well.

He's a repeat customer too.

Good folks. Good prices.

I completely understand. I placed my first order from them not that long ago and never received and order confirmation, shipping notification or anyything letting me know that the order had gone through. I worried myself about it for about 10 days before it showed up. I've now placed 9-10 orders with them and several of them went the same way as far as communication goes but the products have always shown up eventually. I trust that they will send me what I pay them for and try not to think about it until it shows up. I'm sure it's different when you have a lower sitting there waiting for an upper though huh?

Yeah, and since my other AR is down for now.... I am kind of sad. At least I have a AK74 and C93 to keep me company.

Thanks guys. Ill just forget about it and be surprised when it arrives. It was just concerned when it went out of stock a about a day and a half later after I placed and payed for my order.

Ha, well that is common with PSA. I usually buy a couple lowers when they're running their $60 blem lower deals. They're sold out very shortly after placing my order.

Yeah, and since my other AR is down for now.... I am kind of sad. At least I have a AK74 and C93 to keep me company.

Heck i'd be wearing that AK74 out! That's about the cheapest rifle there is to shoot right now. I've thought about buying one and stocking up on ammo just to put back.

Heck i'd be wearing that AK74 out! That's about the cheapest rifle there is to shoot right now. I've thought about buying one and stocking up on ammo just to put back.

I have over 1200 rounds of ammo for it, but all the nice indoor ranges said no to my russian surplus ammo. And I dont function too well in the cold. But at least I got my DPMS today.... But Im almost out of 5.56 and .223

I have over 1200 rounds of ammo for it, but all the nice indoor ranges said no to my russian surplus ammo. And I dont function too well in the cold. But at least I got my DPMS today.... But Im almost out of 5.56 and .223

I saw a crate with I think 1,180 rounds? for like $165 about a month ago and have seen it regularly for not much more. The only catch is that we don't know how long this current surplus supply will last and when it runs out, so do the super cheap prices. If I owned something in that caliber or new for sure that I would be buying something, I would spend about $1,500 and not have to worry about running out any time soon. That sucks that your range turns their nose up to it though.

Guest Keal G Seo

Back before Christmas I ordered their Blackhawk LPK on sale. My first PSA purchase.Couple of days later it was sold out. 2 weeks later, no shipping info. After Christmas I called to find out whats up since it is just a box it and ship it item. Apparently they oversold it. The guy on the phone immediately upgraded me to their PTAC kit and they got it out the door the next day. Not sure it was actually an upgrade but it didn't have the plain plastic grip so I was happy. I'd say since yours is built to order, give them the 15 days then hit them up on the phone...until then don't worry about it.

I saw a crate with I think 1,180 rounds? for like $165 about a month ago and have seen it regularly for not much more. The only catch is that we don't know how long this current surplus supply will last and when it runs out, so do the super cheap prices. If I owned something in that caliber or new for sure that I would be buying something, I would spend about $1,500 and not have to worry about running out any time soon. That sucks that your range turns their nose up to it though.

Not all of it is surplus. I came across 100 rounds of fragmentation and I wish I did fire 60 of them. I'm looking at buying ammo and not rifles. Still trying to figure out if I should buy some ap 5.56 or just a ton of normal brass rounds.

Where did you see it for that price or even close? All I've seen is over $.20 a round lately.

Not all of it is surplus. I came across 100 rounds of fragmentation and I wish I did fire 60 of them. I'm looking at buying ammo and not rifles. Still trying to figure out if I should buy some ap 5.56 or just a ton of normal brass rounds.

I wasn't meaning that surplus was the only source of 5.45 but that it is a major source of it and once that stock dwindles you will be left with mostly commercial ammo and I would think that it would be a fair bit more expensive which for me would remove the draw to the caliber. I was really surprised at how little recoil there was and I thought that it would be a great caliber choice for my wife to plink with.

I wasn't meaning that surplus was the only source of 5.45 but that it is a major source of it and once that stock dwindles you will be left with mostly commercial ammo and I would think that it would be a fair bit more expensive which for me would remove the draw to the caliber. I was really surprised at how little recoil there was and I thought that it would be a great caliber choice for my wife to plink with.

I also noticed the lower recoil, then again, the round is about 200 feet per second slower, but over all a really pleasent rifle to fire.

Where did you see it for that price or even close? All I've seen is over $.20 a round lately.

I miss typed, the price I saw was $175 not $165. I saw it in an email back before Thanksgiving (may have been the end of summer) and was part of a clearance deal. I can't remember which company it was though. I get email from probably 30-40 different gun related companies so they get lost. I thought I may have saved the link since I had gotten pretty hot about buying one for my wife so i'll dig around tonight and see if I can find it for you. I do remember that it was in one of those wooden crates though, that's what they had pictured anyways.

I also noticed the lower recoil, then again, the round is about 200 feet per second slower, but over all a really pleasent rifle to fire.

Definitely! I think you would be hard pressed to find a better and more economical "blaster" rifle to destroy paper, clays or whatever else you had scattered around down range. I would have a hard time passing up on a cheaply priced AK74 or even an AR in the caliber. The first time I shot a 74 was when I met Sonny and a couple of his buddies at the range and his friend that owned the rifle was tickled to have others give his new rifle a test drive.