Total BS!

I have better and cheaper alternatives to .22 rf.  Here's how to turn you deer rifle into a superior and cheaper .22 equivalent.

Interesting read:    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?152431-Recipes-for-quot-Mouse-Fart-quot-Loads-in-30-06

The only downside is that you can't hunt small game in TN with a centerfire, at any velocity or pressure level.

Edited by jaysouth

I'm pretty sure .22 availability will increase and the prices will decrease eventually IF   IF.....IF the politicians don't get involved.

I have a boatload of .22 stacked up, and I will shoot it if the occasion arises, but I am plenty busy casting and loading for .30  cal rifles and handguns.

I have sold and traded a few guns, and I usually regret it later.

Speaking as a former gun shop operator. If I got something impossible to obtain, I usually saved it and offered it to the 20 or so regular customers who seemed to buy about a gun a week each. You have to reward your good customers. If that means you don't have any for the stranger who walks in off the street ,so be it. That system worked for me. I played around with it for 9 months and averaged selling 5.2 guns a day.

• Like 1

Speaking as a former gun shop operator. If I got something impossible to obtain, I usually saved it and offered it to the 20 or so regular customers who seemed to buy about a gun a week each. You have to reward your good customers. If that means you don't have any for the stranger who walks in off the street ,so be it. That system worked for me. I played around with it for 9 months and averaged selling 5.2 guns a day.

No problem with that, just keep it out of sight. This is not the first time I have been treated like I was not welcomed there so will no longer go in there. I have bought several high priced gun from them because I was trying to keep my money local and they were on my daily drive. I will go out of my way not to buy from them.

wow...there are fair LGS's and there are crooked ones,when things go 100% back to normal which IMO they are close

remember who treated you well and who tried to exploit our own hobbyists....

Sportsmans Warehouse has 500 round boxes for 23 bucks on occasion,grabbed one a few weeks ago

also got a 1400 round bucked of remington for 75 bucks at LGS in jackson TN... 

No problem with that, just keep it out of sight. This is not the first time I have been treated like I was not welcomed there so will no longer go in there. I have bought several high priced gun from them because I was trying to keep my money local and they were on my daily drive. I will go out of my way not to buy from them.

As requested above, can you please name the shop? I'd also like to know the shady dealers in Kville.

[quote name="SonnyCrockett" post="1105144" timestamp="1391358332"]wow...there are fair LGS's and there are crooked ones,when things go 100% back to normal which IMO they are close remember who treated you well and who tried to exploit our own hobbyists.... Sportsmans Warehouse has 500 round boxes for 23 bucks on occasion,grabbed one a few weeks ago also got a 1400 round bucked of remington for 75 bucks at LGS in jackson TN... [/quote] Where? JTM We the People of the United States, in order to form a more Perfect Union......

I've got a few thousand rounds of .22 but I'm only shooting it as I gain replacements for it at a reasonable price.  I rarely go in Bass Pro or Walmart in Memphis anymore, as it became a waste of time.

As the streets were covered in ice and snow this morning, I stopped in Bass Pro and saw a stack of Federal .22 325 round cans for $19.50.

Edited by tnhawk
[quote name="tnhawk" post="1108065" timestamp="1391892933"]As the streets were covered in ice and snow this morning, I stopped in Bass Pro and saw a stack of Federal .22 325 round cans for $19.95.[/quote] I was in there yesterday for the first time in about a month, and noticed all the handgun ammo is now behind the counter. I will make another stop in tomorrow to see if they have any of that Federal .22 left. Not holding my breath.... :)
[quote name="tnhawk" post="1108065" timestamp="1391892933"]As the streets were covered in ice and snow this morning, I stopped in Bass Pro and saw a stack of Federal .22 325 round cans for $19.95.[/quote] That's not really cheap, but then again BP is not known for the cheapest prices unless something is on sale. However, in today's market, beggars can't be choosers when you're looking for somewhat reasonably priced ammo. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As requested above, can you please name the shop? I'd also like to know the shady dealers in Kville.

I will release the name when I make sure that I am not dragging someones name through the mud for no reason.

Edit: It was the WD store on Alcoa Hwy, I am sure that this was not an isolated incident. I have a couple of friends tell me stories that confirmed it and at least 2 fellow TGO'ers have had the same experience.

Edited by LI0NSFAN

That's not really cheap, but then again BP is not known for the cheapest prices unless something is on sale. However, in today's market, beggars can't be choosers when you're looking for somewhat reasonably priced ammo. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm not willing to use hours of time and gas to return home without ammo.  Might not be the lowest price, but it's not paying the ammo whores from walmart.

I pass WD everyday. I'm honestly surprised that place is still in business. They have always asked too much for everything, not just ammo. I have not, and will not, purchase anything from them. There's nothing I want bad enough to warrant me using them especially when Bill's Outpost is just down the road. 

• Like 1