State of the Union, You Watching?

A coworker on Facebook just commented on my status and claimed that Bill Clinton is the best president in the history of our country. This is the same kid who voted for Obama twice. I had him take one of those online surveys and he's actually more republican than I am. I've never met someone so confused about politics. He has no idea what policies Obama stands for and tried to argue with me that the man never supported gun control.

Sorry, I had to vent. 

• Like 6

A coworker on Facebook just commented on my status and claimed that Bill Clinton is the best president in the history of our country. This is the same kid who voted for Obama twice. I had him take one of those online surveys and he's actually more republican than I am. I've never met someone so confused about politics. He has no idea what policies Obama stands for and tried to argue with me that the man never supported gun control.

Sorry, I had to vent. 

I've got an uncle who believes EXACTLY the way I do but he was raised to believe that Dems are for the poor and Rep are for the rich. To this day, he swears that they are for him. This is an old farm raised country boy who raises coon hounds. I love him to death but he does NOT pay attention. Everytime he posts something I think "Have you been watching the Democratic votes???? Drives me absolutely insane.

[quote name="rugerla1" post="1102852" timestamp="1390965508"]I've got an uncle who believes EXACTLY the way I do but he was raised to believe that Dems are for the poor and Rep are for the rich. To this day, he swears that they are for him. This is an old farm raised country boy who raises coon hounds. I love him to death but he does NOT pay attention. Everytime he posts something I think "Have you been watching the Democratic votes???? Drives me absolutely insane.[/quote]I believed the same thing when I was younger. Then I started to see how people voted. Amazing. Sent barefoot from the hills of Tennessee
  • Like 1

I believed the same thing when I was younger. Then I started to see how people voted. Amazing. Sent barefoot from the hills of Tennessee

And that's totally understandable. But at some point, I wish he'd pay attention to what the people on his ballot vote for! He is posting up Hilary support! Yep, I've lost about 10 lbs from being sick at my stomach over it. I asked him if he knew what this sentence meant "At this point, what difference does it make!?!?!" No response from him or his friends that don't realize they are not Democrats either.....<sigh>