Whose Ready For Spring?

runco

Went fishing today and caught the first bass of the year.  The 9 year old whipper snapper in the boat caught 2.  Pretty good since the lake was rapidly being drawn down, bt no banner day for sure.  The fact that I wore a T-shirt comfortably for most of the day was a sure sign that spring isn't far away!

I am soooo ready!  How about you?  What signs have you seen?

Yesterday, I had to drive by a swampy area on my way to lunch, and I heard the first sounds of spring, those spring frogs aka spring southern peeper frogs, sure were in concert loudly.  Other than Daytona 500 this weekend, this is truly the first nature's sign of spring I have seen this year.  This has been truly a bad winter by Tennessee (East) standards.   I remember last year, my Easter flowers were in full bloom in late January.  This year, the same flowers have not even broke the ground yet.  One other sign, not a nature sign, but my young boys have their first baseball practice of the season 2 weeks from this Saturday.  That is always a sign of Spring.  I can't wait to start up my shooting clays, and my soon 10 year old will get to join me this year with his soon to be owned O/U 410.  This is a gun forum, I had throw that one in!

I heard them too. The yard is starting to green up in certain parts. Mom's bushes in the yard (have no idea what they are) are trying to bud out.

Slow down, it will get here.
We still have few week of cold to go.

Just looked at the weather forecast for next week and they are talking about a chance of snow. I am so over this :(
Let's do a road trip to PA and shoot that groundhog ;) Edited by joe45
Got to wear a t shirt outside - finally! Broke out the hedge trimmer and string trimmer to clean up the ornamental grasses and monkey grass. ...and managed to sneak off to Gallatin and shoot my new VZ58, PSL, Finn m91 and M44 US 22 trainer! That finn rocks an amazing trigger and was shooting dead nuts! Not bad for a 100 year old rifle!
  • 2 weeks later...

Dag Jim!  On March 1st, it was 65 and beautiful, and today maybe a little cloudy, but nonetheless mid 60s, but tomorrow freezing rain, snow.  Gees................ :surrender:

[url=http://s963.photobucket.com/user/runco0318/media/weather_zps4de75a58.jpg.html]weather_zps4de75a58.jpg[/URL]

Edited by Runco
[quote name="tnguy" post="1113707" timestamp="1392875681"]Bees have started showing some activity and it was warm enough for the top down yesterday. I'm ready.[/quote] My bees have been bringjng in white pollen - something is blooming in all this ugly weather!
  • 1 year later...

You got me I didn't look at the dates until halfway down page 2. I for one am more than ready as we moved from Mississippi last fall and although I have lived in Illinois and Michigan I have seen snow and done that. I can't wait to go fishing and walk outside without taking 5 minutes to put on all my cold weather gear just to go to barn and get more wood.