Whose Ready For Spring?

runco

I am soooo ready!  How about you?  What signs have you seen?

Yesterday, I had to drive by a swampy area on my way to lunch, and I heard the first sounds of spring, those spring frogs aka spring southern peeper frogs, sure were in concert loudly.  Other than Daytona 500 this weekend, this is truly the first nature's sign of spring I have seen this year.  This has been truly a bad winter by Tennessee (East) standards.   I remember last year, my Easter flowers were in full bloom in late January.  This year, the same flowers have not even broke the ground yet.  One other sign, not a nature sign, but my young boys have their first baseball practice of the season 2 weeks from this Saturday.  That is always a sign of Spring.  I can't wait to start up my shooting clays, and my soon 10 year old will get to join me this year with his soon to be owned O/U 410.  This is a gun forum, I had throw that one in!

Edited by Runco
  • Like 2

Im ready, and how.... The good news is that i saw a gaggle of robins in the front yard the other mornin... It was a glorious sight to see... Somehow i think that robins are an old timers sign of spring... Anyway, im an old timer and i think spring should be here too; so im gonna say it is a genuine sign...

Heres hopin,

leroy

Looking forward to?? As I passed my cousins house last night on the way home I noticed a fire in the backyard. Went on home(2 houses down), threw a 6pack in a cooler and went back. Sat out in the yard from about 7-10 drinking flavored shine and beer. Over all it was a great night. JTM We the People of the United States, in order to form a more Perfect Union......
[quote name="ncldwell" post="1113108" timestamp="1392772692"]I'm still enjoying a good bon fire on occasion. Hard to wish my time away.[/quote] I've been pretty bummed about the amount of precipitation we've had the winter. I'd love to spark up a bon fire in the back yard on the weekends. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I did get to enjoy about an hour and 1/2 outside with the kids this evening.  Got to pass baseball.  This is the first time I have been in the backyard since November.  Gees, I guess I still need to haul off the Christmas Tree.  Its looking rough (I actually had forgot to dispose of it).

Guest TankerHC
Daytona 500

Long range forecast in the 60s and 70s.

Signs popped up all over advertising time to sign up for baseball and softball.

4 weeks to spring vacation for the kid's

Daytona 500

Prepping the lawnmower.

Everyone complaining about the new NASCAR rule changes ( A Spring tradition since 1985)

Daytona 500

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

I lived in South Florida all my life, until we moved here 15 years ago. Up until that time, I had never experienced a real winter. Florida has no seasons. It stays green all the time, and on the coldest days gets into maybe the 40's.

We  moved here in the fall, and it was glorious to see the colors and experience the coolness. Winter rolled around and it was really neat to see all the plants disappear, and get the occasional snow. I was really sad to see winter leave, since I had never in my life experienced something like that.

the next winter came around, and I was really looking forward to it. It was OK, but didn't live up to what I was expecting. By the third winter, I was done. I've seen winter, I've got the T-Shirt, bring on Spring / Summer.

I guess I still have some of that Florida blood in my. I can take the hottest 100+ degree summer days and barely break a sweat, But I can't stand anything below 40.