Boycott the Meadowview gunshow in Kingsport

Raoul

Just in case everyone in the Tri-cities is not aware, the folks running the Meadowview show continue to prohibit our good friend David from selling reloading supplies there.

I have not been to that show in over 2 years in protest of this action and I will continue to to boycott them until they do the right thing and allow David to setup and sell.

Who's with me?

• Like 7
That guy must really be raping people on the reloading supplies if he is that scared of David setting up.

That would be like a local gun shop sponsoring a gun show and not letting anyone else sell guns "Cause someone might not spend their money with us" Complete BS.

dlm37015, what is the closest that you are "allowed" to come to the Tri-cities? As I will definitely not be frequenting the Kingsport gun shows.
It's no surprise. David is exactly loved by the reloading retail community. Why? Because you cannot beat his prices and you damn sure can't beat his attitude and personality.
Whining titty babies , the lot of them. Boohoo, someone sells for a REASONABLE price and we can't buttrape everyone who comes by. Somebody call a waaahhmbulance.

Competition is the best thing in the world for business and Magnum Materials will compete with anyone for price, selection and customer service. I don't say this because David is my friend. David is my friend because that's what kind of person he is.

Keep doing what you're doing David. Hell with them other people.
  • Like 3
Guest TankerHC

I tell you, boycotts on a single issue can have an impact. I suspect David will be selling (Offered because the rules may change) eventually.

I had not seen the results of a boycott until last year. I was headed up to Pa. to do the big (One of the biggest, if not the biggest) outdoor shows in the nation. My cousin lives 5 minutes from York. Last year the show banned AR's. First the gun manufacturers pulled out, that was followed by the bow manufacturers followed by the FIshing gear manufacturers, all Private and small business then the Boat manufacturers. 

Not only did the show not happen, costing the promoter (Who were actually British) about 7 million, but it cost the city of York and all of its businesses 70 million in revenue, and that is no small number for a city that size.

But the gun owners took care of it. A month later they held one of the largest gun shows in the State at the Toyota Center right down the street. Usually it is just the main Toyota Center, that show took up the Toyota Center and the other 5 arena's around it.

I used to think boycotting really had no impact on big companies.

Big and small, it makes a difference. Even though some people would disagree, calling it "Hostage holding", boycotting has been an American way to get things done for two centuries. 

Edited by TankerHC

I always thought competition was good for business but evidently the guy running that show never heard that. I would not be going there anyway but then I quit going to gun shows back in 2008 when I went to one in Nashville and there was a huge picture of Obama in the entrance with the sign under it reading Gun Salesman of the year. I went on in knowing there would be nothing in the show I could afford and I was right. I only bought one item and sure glad I did. I bought 3 bricks of 22lr's and still have them because they were still at the almost normal prices. My buddy bought 4 bricks and we left. But I would not go to that show in Kingsport if I lived next door knowing what I know now..............jmho

I guess what really pisses me off about this is that I have been to these gun shows and there have been people set up selling purses, vegetable peelers, cooking spices, vinyl siding, and hair bows. Then someone who actually sells gun related items (reloading supplies) is barred from setting up. That has to be some kind of discrimination.

I guess what really pisses me off about this is that I have been to these gun shows and there have been people set up selling purses, vegetable peelers, cooking spices, vinyl siding, and hair bows. Then someone who actually sells gun related items (reloading supplies) is barred from setting up. That has to be some kind of discrimination.

Hair bows n purses lol u are so right for the show promoters:

ja7a3u7e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling.