Malaysian Plane Missing After Take Off

You're not lying to anyone if the end user doesn't know what they don't know,and the question is never asked to the right person.
don't ya think that a multimillion dollar 500 mph machine capable of taking down sky scrapers w humans and trusted pilots can disappear just by rotating a 3 position switch in this day and age?
This is 2014 not 1974....redundancy prevails on aircraft today based on past incidents and safety demands, this isn't "tinfoil" crap. Tracking is present in more places than u can imagine. Who gets to access it is another topic. It's been going on long before 9/11....and will only increase with time. Edited by Dustbuster

I did indeed.  I even "liked" it.  I guess I'm just slow or stubborn or something.  Regardless....   :surrender:

Ha, knowledge will never defeat ignorance.  Reason being is that facts can be proven and disproven while theories and assumptions cannot.

• Like 1

All... RE: The "...magic telemetry and locational discussion..."; along with "....why doesn't Boeing just tell us where the plane is discussion..."....

I think the reason that Boeing (...or Rolls Royce...) doesn't unilaterally report the "whereabouts of the plane" is because it's not their business to do so; and they may be constrained by others... Boeing entered into a contract with the buyers (...or lessors...) of the aircraft; presumably Malaysian Airlines (...or others, E.G. the government of Malaysia...)... The "services" (...and real time data collection and performance monitoring are presumably part of that contract...) provided are outlined in the contract with that entity who actually paid Boeing for that service and or data; not the public in general...

Said another way, any contractual information (...including telemetry from the engines and or plane positioning transponders...) are the property of the plane's owners; not the general public, and the owners make the determinations as to what gets released and when; not Boeing....

Boeing (...and other suppliers like Rolls Royce...) may well know plenty; but they are not in a place to make that information public; as others have paid for it... They are simply like "Silent Sam the Service Man"; they do what they have been contracted to do and keep their mouth shut...

leroy

Edited by leroy
  • Like 1
Yes. Because with more than 200 people missing, thousands more in misery and millions being spent on the search, not one person would stand up (or track down the number of a journalist) and say "yes, we have the data but we can't release it because... Contract". Edited by tnguy
  • Like 3

Malaysian Airlines and the government of Malaysia are the arbiters of this; not the people who built or contracted to maintain the aircraft that's lost... More than that; this is Malaysian Airlines and the government of Malaysia are leading this "search" with the help of others...

Said another way, this is in the hands of "others"; not Boeing or Rolls Royce... I know that sounds very cold to anyone with a heart; but there have been plenty of times when governments and businesses have kept their mouth shut and told lies for lots of reasons....

Does it hurt the folks cryin and waiting to hear about their loved ones?.... Sure it does... The fact is that it could be that the good ole USA and others "helping" on this are doing it for purely humanitarian reasons; nothing more, and that is the right thing to do....Or, they may well be willing participants in a cruel charade to cover up what actually happened while trying to find out where this plane is and the purposes for which it was taken....

For what it's worth; i don't believe for a minute that this plane went down as they said...I think it landed somewhere intact and it may show up again for another purpose; and a terrorist one at that... That's pure conjecture on my part, but again; i don't trust any government to tell the truth about things like this; they never so...

Do i think that governments lie for their own purposes and hurt grieving folks...?  Of course i do... I say (...again...) watch what the pesky jews do in Israel... When they bring their air defenses off high alert, ya can say that the matter of Flight 370 is pretty well closed...

suspicious leroy

Edited by leroy

Malaysian Airlines and the government of Malaysia are the arbiters of this; not the people who built or contracted to maintain the aircraft that's lost...

Right, so Malaysian Airlines or the Malaysian government itself has the ulterior motives, won't tell even though of course one or both know exactly what happened and where it is.

Got it.

(can't find an image showing both tin foil hat and face palm)

- OS

Right, so Malaysian Airlines or the Malaysian government itself has the ulterior motives, won't tell even though of course one or both know exactly what happened and where it is.

Got it.

(can't find an image showing both tin foil hat and face palm)

- OS

As to the motives; could be pressure from "others" or from within the Malasyan government to keep this quiet.... Like i said; i simply dont know; but i never discount the possibility of someone tellin a lie....Gubmt is bad to do that sort of thing; all for the 'Collective Good" ya understand... It's always better to hurt a few in order to accomplish the "Collective Good" of protecting the many... After all, that's the job of gubmt aint it?...

Do they (...the Malayiasian gubmt and "other interested parties and nations"...) know what happened...??  I think (...that means i dont know...) they know lots more than they are sayin; but that's just me...

By the way; i may have forgotten to take my meds... Did i mention, i'm a very suspicious man...??

"Uncle Sam", that most truthful and purest of the pure of the great ones of the world said that he buried OBL at sea; i aint seen him either; and neither did anyone else...  "Uncle Sam" said to take his word for it; it's better that way, ya understand....

Remember this:  A great greek philosopher once said (...rough paraphrase...): "...It is the mark of intelligence to consider an idea; but not to embrace or believe it..."   I aint real intelligent, but i always consider the "why" of everything that aint real cut and dried; and this one aint....

Consider that the "proof of the crash" is some flotsom and jetsom floating around in the ocean and someone said the wreckage is in 23,000 feet of water -- far out of reach of the ability to go down and take if a look; if one is interested in doin such a thing...Transponders turned off after takeoff --- very interestin... All very interestin and very unusual factoids... But, again, im a suspicious man...

I think ill go take a nap now; im tired from my electroshock therapy... That's where i put my tinfoil hat...

leroy

Consider that the "proof of the crash" is some flotsom and jetsom floating around in the ocean and someone said the wreckage is in 23,000 feet of water -- far out of reach of the ability to go down and take if a look; if one is interested in doin such a thing...

No wreckage has been recovered, so there's no way to estimate where the plane might actually have gone down, and hence no way to know at what depth the main parts of the plane lie.

Submersibles have been to the deepest part of the ocean in the world (Mariana Trench), and I do believe we have working ROVs that can go to 23K feet with no human risk?

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 1

"Uncle Sam", that most truthful and purest of the pure of the great ones of the world said that he buried OBL at sea; i aint seen him either; and neither did anyone else...  "Uncle Sam" said to take his word for it; it's better that way, ya understand....

Possibly the freezer burn was too bad for pictures.

• Like 1

No wreckage has been recovered, so there's no way to estimate where the plane might actually have gone down, and hence no way to know at what depth the main parts of the plane lie.

Submersibles have been to the deepest part of the ocean in the world (Mariana Trench), and I do believe we have working ROVs that can go to 23K feet with no human risk?

- OS

I had forgot about the submersibles; i would bet you are exactly right... The Navy has done some very deep dives with them...

Keep up the good work!...

By the way:....RE: TMF's great post (...several pages back....) about not goin to the moon, JFK, and the military-industrial complex...

My 24 year old has a delightful, rustic buddy who will tell ya in a minute that "nobody has been to the dammed moon!!"... He says it's all a scam and wuz filmed out in nevada somewhere... The best part is terrible to consider....He will also tell ya that the reason the Challenger went down wuz because there was a school teacher on board and the gubmt wuz afraid she would rat them out; so they shot it down off the launchpad.... Now that's a conspiracy theory ya can believe in!!!

leroy

Yeah? Where's their official statement on that? 

do you really think there would be an official statement saying  "Yes, we <insert country here> shot down an international flight because they were off path and not responding"

it didn't work out too well for anyone in 1983 when KAL007 was shot down, so I doubt anyone will make the same mistake twice.

[quote name="Sam1" post="1131680" timestamp="1396117234"]do you really think there would be an official statement saying "Yes, we shot down an international flight because they were off path and not responding" it didn't work out too well for anyone in 1983 when KAL007 was shot down, so I doubt anyone will make the same mistake twice.[/quote] But the absence of evidence isn't proof of anything. That's like saying there is a taking dog in the basement if the White House, and the proof is that they won't admit to it or let us in. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

do you really think there would be an official statement saying  ..

YOU said "They confirmed it was shot down." (post 436)

So, who "confirmed" it, and how do you know that?

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

YOU said "They confirmed it was shot down." (post 436)

So, who "confirmed" it, and how do you know that?

- OS

Just imagine it was shot down by pirates. I bet there are some pirates with anti air capabilities. The black market should have everything one needs.

Just imagine it was shot down by pirates. I bet there are some pirates with anti air capabilities. The black market should have everything one needs.

You can imagine anything you like of course.However, no man-portable SAM is taking out anything at 20,000 ft and higher.  And imagining that pirates have more sophisticated weaponry, fine, but again there's the little problem of motive. Pirates by definition are in it for the swag and none involved here.

Sam1 however asserted something as having happened that would be completely verifiable if true. I award that sort of thing the Class A Loon Award myself.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 1

You can imagine anything you like of course.However, no man-portable SAM is taking out anything at 20,000 ft and higher.  And imagining that pirates have more sophisticated weaponry, fine, but again there's the little problem of motive. Pirates by definition are in it for the swag and none involved here.

Sam1 however asserted something as having happened that would be completely verifiable if true. I award that sort of thing the Class A Loon Award myself.

- OS

I know that a sam reaching that altitude is ludacris, but at this rate, might as well claim it as snakes on a plane. I highly doubt they had all the engines malfunction at once.

I know that a sam reaching that altitude is ludacris, but at this rate, might as well claim it as snakes on a plane. I highly doubt they had all the engines malfunction at once.

There's no reason to think the engines malfunctioned at all. All available evidence suggests the plane flew for hours after the last voice contact, likely until it ran out of fuel.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 1
I am so tired of listening to CNN and hear them every 10 minutes with "Breaking News!". I literally just heard them come back from a commercial with "Breaking News" to say that planes are taking off in Australia. No sh!t? That phrase gets thrown around way too much in the media. I almost expect them to say when the plane is found "Breaking News! We're not f###ing around this time!"... Edited by glowdotGlock
  • Like 1
[quote name="RC3" post="1131720" timestamp="1396123542"] I highly doubt they had all the engines malfunction at once.[/quote] Why? I'm assuming that those engines don't run on unicorn farts. When the fuel is gone engines stop working, almost all at once. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

"they" confirmed it.

dustbuster can vouch for me.

Confirmed Sam. This quashes the claim that Somali air just christened their new 777 and has employed 239 new hires.

You two should be a great comfort to each other if you can finagle the same sanatorium.

- OS

• Like 3