Malaysian Plane Missing After Take Off

How many low power two way worldwide satellite nets are there nowadays?  I don't keep up with it. The geosync hi altitude sats, I thought they need aimed microwave dishes, which the engine telemetry likely does't have.

The expensive sat phone net of low satellites, handheld sat phones high rollers like OBL used-- I assumed such as the emergency handheld trekking signalers piggyback on that net, or a similar low altitude two way net if there is more than one in private hands. That would seem the logical place to piggyback engine telemetry, no need for an aimed dish. Purt sure there would be more than one sat over the horizon about everywhere on earth, especially to an airliner at altitude?

Since the lo sats go round and round, there ought to ba as many of em over the indian ocean as anywhere else, at any particular time?

From what I gathered from another thread on here about satellite phones, firstly they are not that amazingly expensive (calling plans seemed to be about double that of a regular cell) and secondly, the satellites are not that evenly distributed and have higher density some places than others. I have no idea about the Indian Ocean specifically though.
Guest Lester Weevils

From what I gathered from another thread on here about satellite phones, firstly they are not that amazingly expensive (calling plans seemed to be about double that of a regular cell) and secondly, the satellites are not that evenly distributed and have higher density some places than others. I have no idea about the Indian Ocean specifically though.

Poles, higher latitudes perhaps most spotty? At one time, maybe today as well, the russkies had a low altitude sat tv net in inclined orbits because so much of their territory is in higher latitudes, but dunno if it was used for any two way comm.

Nah, they have them in polar orbits. Though I may be thinking of the GPS sats. (Nope. GPS are distributed uniformly)

Hmm. What I'm reading about Iridium doesn't really back that idea either. I wonder what I was remembering. Edited by tnguy
[quote name="tnguy" post="1130679" timestamp="1395938170"]Nah, they have them in polar orbits. Though I may be thinking of the GPS sats. (Nope. GPS are distributed uniformly) Hmm. What I'm reading about Iridium doesn't really back that idea either. I wonder what I was remembering.[/quote] There is a website which tracks the iridium satellite architecture. I remember having to check it when making a phone call so I knew I had enough time. Coverage is dependent on where you are in the world. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've been looking for information to verify that. Do you have a link to any? The Wikipedia info suggests it should be pretty good everywhere.

The constellation of 66 active satellites has 6 orbital planes spaced 30 degrees apart, with 11 satellites in each plane (not counting spares). [...] This reduced set of 6 planes is sufficient to cover the entire Earth's surface at every moment.

[quote name="tnguy" post="1130689" timestamp="1395939318"]I've been looking for information to verify that. Do you have a link to any? The Wikipedia info suggests it should be pretty good everywhere. [/quote] Trust me, if you are conus trying to use iridium devices you may have spotty service. I recall waiting 45 mins to send a short data burst via iridium before I had coverage. In the Middle East coverage was way better. I'm working from an ipad, but on my home computer I had saved the link for iridium coverage. I just don't use it anymore. I'm sure if you google you can find it. It shows position of the satellites and coverage areas up to date. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Satellite outfitters has great info on sat phones and footprints for different systems.

Bottom line is if you think a major company is allowed to let a 777 freewheel out into the free world with no way of locating it or being able to cloak itself w 3 clicks of a dial your insane

Transmitters have been placed in all kinds of things over time at no cost to the um owner or user,use your imagination. Boeing knows where that plane run by a near bankrupt airline is. They ain't sayin...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling.

I know things might be an offshot, couldnt sonar find the fragments and parts? I bet a few countries have a surplus of subs that could be used in cooperation to find this plane. Thats right, we are people and we dont play nice with each other after the age of five.

I know things might be an offshot, couldnt sonar find the fragments and parts? I bet a few countries have a surplus of subs that could be used in cooperation to find this plane. Thats right, we are people and we dont play nice with each other after the age of five.

All kinds of detection methods, once they think they can define the haystack in which to look for the needle. As one expert put it, they still don't even know where the farm is, let alone the haystack.

- OS

Satellite outfitters has great info on sat phones and footprints for different systems.

Bottom line is if you think a major company is allowed to let a 777 freewheel out into the free world with no way of locating it or being able to cloak itself w 3 clicks of a dial your insane

Transmitters have been placed in all kinds of things over time at no cost to the um owner or user,use your imagination. Boeing knows where that plane run by a near bankrupt airline is. They ain't sayin...

So how long have you worked for Boeing?
Boeing is one of the most proficiently run companies in the world.Boeing runs due diligence well,as many other profitable corporations do. If anyone thinks that they would sell/move/ lease a multimillion dollar airframe without extra gear in place that can be switched to silent,they're out of their mind. I worked in Tacoma for a while making friends w some folks that worked in the aircraft industry.full of g2 and common sense.Boeing and a few others are around to this day because they operate at a superior performance level with a strong human element. With triple redundancy in aircraft today we should know where that plane is
Think: using factory installed lojac on a blind mans car.

Boeing is one of the most proficiently run companies in the world.Boeing runs due diligence well,as many other profitable corporations do. If anyone thinks that they would sell/move/ lease a multimillion dollar airframe without extra gear in place that can be switched to silent,they're out of their mind. I worked in Tacoma for a while making friends w some folks that worked in the aircraft industry.full of g2 and common sense.Boeing and a few others are around to this day because they operate at a superior performance level with a strong human element. With triple redundancy in aircraft today we should know where that plane is

So, you know, exactly what motive does Boeing have for not telling where the plane is, then?

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 2
This is 2013; everything is tracked. I believe someone knows where that plane was or about where it went down.

Do I think it’s at an air strip somewhere? No, that would require too many people to keep their mouths shut.

Do I think Boeing knows where it is? No, I don’t think they would run the risk of the public outrage if it was discovered they knew, and it would be discovered. This isn’t some clandestine military operation gone wrong; it’s a world event involving a civilian airliner. People would come forward; even employees of the company that made the plane. It would only take one person to do what's right.

They confirmed it was shot down.

Yeah? Where's their official statement on that? You're drinking the same stuff as Dustbuster.

Look, Boeing is the second largest contractor in the world to the US government, most all military. I'm sure the military geeks know exactly the capabilities they have on their aircraft.

The US is spending beau coup effort and money in this thing too, and if there were something on that plane that could have tracked it, and or now locate it, it would already have been done.

Y'all don't believe we went to the moon either, right?

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
[quote name="Oh Shoot" post="1130925" timestamp="1395974454"] Y'all don't believe we went to the moon either, right? - OS[/quote] The moon doesn't actually exist, so the moon landing was fake by default. Prove me wrong. You aren't allowed to use logic, science or reference historical precedence either, as I'm ignorant of all that stuff so I'll just ignore that and lump that information into the same category as the vast conspiracy I believe in. Now, considering the above parameters, how would you go about proving me wrong? Exactly. So I win. Where's my prize? It's a conspiracy perpetrated by the military industrial complex (Boeing) to secure contracts through NASA for moon exploration. They controlled JFK's mind, as JFK was the original Manchurian Candidate, with his WWII exploits being completely set up by the military industrial complex as they saw the lucrative opportunity of having a President who would commission initiatives like space exploration, thus making them all filthy rich. I could go into more detail, but I don't have enough time to explain how this all ties into the involvement of the alien Lizard People, but most of you probably already know about Lizard People and the threat they pose our species... I mean, if you're not sheeple that is. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 3
[quote name="Oh Shoot" post="1130901" timestamp="1395972261"]So, you know, exactly what motive does Boeing have for not telling where the plane is, then? - OS[/quote]Maybe they know it is a mechanical fault of Boeing that caused it to go down and they don't want it to be found and traced back to them. Just thinking with my tinfoil hat. :unsure:

So given all that proficiency, diligence, superior performance, and redundancy and such... You think Boeing would intentionally hide not only the fact that said fictitious tracking device exists from the owner of the aircraft, but also that they receive data from it unbeknownst to anyone?

Lying to customers all over the world who paying you upwards of $300 million for an airplane is due dilligence?  Hiding the tracking device so well that the aircraft owner will never find it is superior performance?  Ever seen an airplane go through a d-check?

So given all that proficiency, diligence, superior performance, and redundancy and such... You think Boeing would intentionally hide not only the fact that said fictitious tracking device exists from the owner of the aircraft, but also that they receive data from it unbeknownst to anyone?

Lying to customers all over the world who paying you upwards of $300 million for an airplane is due dilligence?  Hiding the tracking device so well that the aircraft owner will never find it is superior performance?  Ever seen an airplane go through a d-check?

Haha, didn't you read my post?