Ares Armor files restraining order against the BATFE.

• Moderators
[quote name="Mark@Sea" post="1125124" timestamp="1394926159"]This has become an issue with atf because they will get away with it under this administration.[/quote] They'll continue getting away with it as long as the public remains under the mistaken belief that they are a legitimate law enforcement organization.
  • Like 5

I have yet to meet anyone with a kind word for that organization.  This is possibly because I select for intelligent people as friends.  They have a long and documented history of abuses, disregard of the courts, incompetence, perjury - if the House had a set (so to speak), they'd be un-funded, disbanded, and hounded into anonymity.

• Like 1
  • Moderators
[quote name="Mark@Sea" post="1125136" timestamp="1394927554"] I have yet to meet anyone with a kind word for that organization. This is possibly because I select for intelligent people as friends. They have a long and documented history of abuses, disregard of the courts, incompetence, perjury - if the House had a set (so to speak), they'd be un-funded, disbanded, and hounded into anonymity.[/quote] As much as I despise them, I still want them around for as long as the government insist on regulating what it has no right to. The reason being their culture of incompetence. If they went away tomorrow all of their functions would likely fall to the FBI. That thought completely terrifies me. Remember, when the F-Troop screws the pooch they call in the Fibbies to fix it. We all know where that leads. I'll take dealing with abusive, murderous and incompetent over abusive, murderous and competent any day. At least the first option gives you a chance of making it out alive.

Since the F-Troop violated a restraining order, do you think we could get them declared "prohibited persons" under the Lautenberg amendment? :lol:

Seems Federal Judge Janis L. Sammartino modified her TRO, enough so that the ATF decided the reason for the raid wasn't prohibited by it.

Dimitrios Karras posed his petition for it, but I don't think either, or both, versions of the actual TRO are actually released anywhere, so all is speculation, seems.

- OS

It's specifically the EP Arms 80% poly lower not the aluminum lowers. They claim EP is manufacturing the lower as mostly complete, including fire control pocket and pre-drilling the pin holes, and then filling the cavity with a different color plastic. According to what EP has published, this is a false statement and they actually build the "plug" for the pocket and then form the lower around it. Having built one myself, I can tell you there is no way to mill this lower without doing everything from milling the pocket and drilling the pins. There is no way to get the plug out, and it is fused to the lower with cross bars through the plug from the lower injection process.

But it doesn't matter at this point. With everything that has happened I don't see the ATF giving up on this and they WILL overturn their previous declaration on this type of 80% lower, saying they are firearms and must be registered. It won't just be EP, it will be all of the others as well. Other manufacturers and dealers have also pulled their 80% lowers in a response to this.

What is this purported difference between the 80% lower of today and the past?

Seems that this one is disputed about how it is made. ATF says they make actual firearm first, then fill in the holes and voids. Ares says they make the parts to be removed, and "mold the lower around it".

So seems ATF is saying their method, whatever it is,  is actually constructing a firearm, as opposed to folks who make the blanks with no holes or voids at all. Or something like that.

I have seen one being advertised that has what you remove made out of a different color or material or something before though. Or maybe that was actually Ares' offering and it didn't click, dunno.

I don't think this has been mentioned yet -- here is NutnFancy's vid on Ares from February,  showing that the city was already out to get them before the feds ever jumped in there. However you feel about him, he makes great point about the "gay pot shop" compared to the "gun store" mentioned toward the beginning of it, btw. Also has the owner and etc in it, just started it myself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzBkcUZnm-w

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

Sounds like the city council doesn't know its own ordinances. I like the statement the owner made about ending up having

to violate some law that really doesn't exist. A group of pansies must have complained to the city, and pansies rule in Cali.

I'm guessing a chain of complaint after this stuck in their craw, like eventually to Moonbeam, or maybe Feinstein or Pelosi who'd have the clout to "suggest" the ATF take a look and see if they can't find something illegal. Ya never know, might have even gotten a little prod from BHO himself if one of them bent his ear on it.

That's the thing about the selective law enforcement of this whole admin, everything's secret and things are either ignored or hammered primarily because of political philosophy.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

Rumor control has it you used to be able to buy a 80 % lower then pay them to finish it or push a button or something on the site to have it finished. NOT Confirmed though
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling.

I believe that was an 80% party where a guy had a CNC mill pre-programmed. They showed up, drank beer, and took turns putting it through the mill.
  • Like 3
Guest semiautots

Me wonders what will happen when 3D printing moves from plastic to metal.  It's gonna happen.  Then all this 80% crap will be moot, and AR-15 receivers will be as easy as a download.

Edit:

Guess I'm a little behind the times!

http://3dprinting.com/materials/metal/3d-printing-metal/

Here is one machine already on the market:

http://www.eos.info/systems_solutions/metal/systems_equipment/eos_m_400

Here is a 1911 that was 3D printed.  ATF is going to try to put the toothpaste back in the tube . . .

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=3d+printing+in+metal&FORM=VIRE6#view=detail&mid=6A3954FD5165C12CA5DB6A3954FD5165C12CA5DB

Can you imagine the home made armor piercing bullets, the specialty 12 gauge rounds, the home made pen guns and home made AOW's? 

Edited by semiautots