CCI Blazer Brick - $36 Delivered

If Cabelas wants it to work that way then you don't need to worry about them changing it when people report it as a bug or glitch.

at what point did you get the impression I was worried about people reporting this? I was merely trying to assure a fellow member that it wasn't a glitch or a problem, and to encourage him to learn to use the system... or not... the choice was his to make

Edited by hhal
[quote name="No_0ne" post="1128220" timestamp="1395457827"] Good advice, as apparently this link is no more ...[/quote] In my view that's really too bad because that link was simply a shopping cart that contained ALL the .22LR products that Cabela's sold. When one pressed "Checkout" the Cabela's real time inventory system would discard from the cart any and all items that were not actually in stock at the time of the query. Any items that were actually in stock remained in the cart and one could then decide whether to make an actual purchase or not. The ONLY time the link would allow one to order "Out of Stock" items was when the actual inventory status changed from "In Stock" to "Out of Stock" between the time of the cart real time query and the actual submission of the order itself. The Cabela's cart system is a REAL TIME inventory query...the Cabela's web page item listings are not. There was no "glitch", there was no "hack" and there was no impropriety. Regardless of what "someone from Cabela's" might have said the link worked exactly the way the Cabela's cart is supposed to work - it checked real time inventory for all the items in the cart before processing the order. The link was a valuable tool that allowed anyone to instantly check the Cabela's .22LR real time inventory with just a few clicks of the mouse. In stock .22LR was then available for purchase. "...the link is no more..." I hope that those who neither understood what the link did or how it did it are happy to see it gone. As they say, sometimes "ignorance is bliss". For those that both understood and used the link a valuable tool in the search for elusive .22LR ammo has been lost.
  • Like 1

In my view that's really too bad because that link was simply a shopping cart that contained ALL the .22LR products that Cabela's sold. ,,,,

Yeah, I pretty much got what was really going on there after a while, and your explanation here has been the most succinct  one.

Anybody tried just making another one to see if it was a timed expiration, or did they really code around that possibility now? ?Also, anybody tried same with shopping carts on other sites, or was there something unique only with Cabela's particular app for it?

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

Yeah, I pretty much got what was really going on there after a while, and your explanation here has been the most succinct  one.

Anybody tried just making another one to see if it was a timed expiration, or did they really code around that possibility now? ?Also, anybody tried same with shopping carts on other sites, or was there something unique only with Cabela's particular app for it?

- OS

I am sorry to report it is gone... for how long is unknown, but the ability to create a list that can be emailed to ones self or others has been removed from Cabela's site.

I think the reason they killed it was simple... When customers went to their site to buy ammo or other goods, NO .22 showed in stock. Those with the link, ALWAYS beat the guy who goes to their site and looks for it. A store front isn't exactly setup that way. I think it's a little wrong that a guy with a link gets ammo, yet a guy or gal who went to their actual site would never see it. You are correct... The cart worked like it should. Their website lag was way slower than the live link to the cart. That's the way I see it.
Guest devline
That's just stupid. I like this forum because it helps regular gun owners who like to shoot, or teach their kids how to shoot, to share information on where to find available ammo. And hopefully a way to find it without paying gun show or reseller prices. That link provided an easy way to occasionally check stock on 22lr ammo for me. I bought one brick last week, which is all I need for the next six months. Maybe the next guy on here who finds a deal will think twice about sharing because someone might find it unfair and cause it to be eliminated.

That's just stupid. I like this forum because it helps regular gun owners who like to shoot, or teach their kids how to shoot, to share information on where to find available ammo. And hopefully a way to find it without paying gun show or reseller prices. That link provided an easy way to occasionally check stock on 22lr ammo for me. I bought one brick last week, which is all I need for the next six months. Maybe the next guy on here who finds a deal will think twice about sharing because someone might find it unfair and cause it to be eliminated.

I agree with you about sharing information. Unfortunately some people are not happy until everyone's not happy.

• Like 4

I think the reason they killed it was simple... When customers went to their site to buy ammo or other goods, NO .22 showed in stock. Those with the link, ALWAYS beat the guy who goes to their site and looks for it. A store front isn't exactly setup that way. I think it's a little wrong that a guy with a link gets ammo, yet a guy or gal who went to their actual site would never see it. You are correct... The cart worked like it should. Their website lag was way slower than the live link to the cart. That's the way I see it.

I am relatively certain the number one reason a business puts up a web site is to sell stuff... the links allowed them to sell off their .22 ammo real quick like. I, for one, bought lots of stuff from Cabela's that I never would have purchased there because of those links. Now that those links are gone and the buying of .22 ammo is gonna be a lot harder to get done, I will most likely shop elsewhere. Its not like they (Cabela's) had the best pricing... they just had a way for me to get the .22 ammo I wanted easily, so I shopped there.

But let me ask you this... when was the last time you were able to get any .22 ammo at a brick and mortar store? I ain't gonna get up at 4 in the morning and go sit in a line at wally world for a chance, a slim chance, to buy ammo. Oh, I have helpers to let me know what and when it's gonna be there but I ain't gonna do it that way... if you want to, more power to you... but that is what it takes now a days to get your ammo from a storefront, or you have to pay wayyyy too much! Your mileage may vary...

Good luck on the ammo hunt!

Well I'm not gonna be sharing anymore links over here anymore .... I was just trying to help out some fellow TN residents

I second Raoul above. Especially when someone admittedly utilized the link to score .22lr ammo 2-3 times and gets what they need before taking it to task to get the link removed. Hypocrisy seems a bit thick.

• Like 1

I second Raoul above. Especially when someone admittedly utilized the link to score .22lr ammo 2-3 times and gets what they need before taking it to task to get the link removed. Hypocrisy seems a bit thick.

So I wasn't the only one to notice... good.

and I agree with mcordell and will act accordingly.

This is an interesting thread with diverse opinions, especially when viewed in the context of all the similar threads regarding .22 ammo over the past few months. Yet it seems that nearly everyone would agree on the following points:

• 22 LR ammo is still in very high demand with very low supply (I actually read a recent gun mag article which said it was readily available again... what the hell was that author smoking? :pleased:)
  • We would quickly purchase more 22 LR ammo if we can find it at decent prices (seems like $35 or less per brick delivered is the magic number for many)
  • If we do score 22 LR ammo, we do not hesitate to share our good fortune with family, friends, and other forum members (especially kids or new shooters)
  • We dislike, hate, and/or actively hunt down and persecute the resellers or vendors which are price-gouging (seems like anyone selling for $50 or more per brick is lumped into this category regardless of circumstance)

The major points of contention and controversy seem to occur when we hear of those who were actually successful at purchasing 22 LR ammo, with reactions to this group being mixed based on the nature of the purchase:

1. "campers" that visit local stores often enough and wait in the stores long enough until they score the ammo as soon as it hits the shelves
  2. "insiders" that have special access to local store information or store clerks that allow them to purchase ammo which was not otherwise made available to other customers
  3. "online buyers" that happened to find and purchase ammo via special search agents such as Google, AmmoSeek, Slickdeals, GunBot, etc.
  4. "lucky folks" who reported just being in the right store at the right time and buying whatever was available at the time, without having camped out

Judging from the many posts in this thread and other TGO threads, it seems that most people dislike groups 1 and 2 above, while we fully support and celebrate groups 3 and 4. I tend to agree with this logic.

Yet I was torn on the issue of "special links" such as the Cabelas shopping cart links, because they allowed successful purchases for those who had the technical savvy or luck to find out about the special links or process top create their own links, while other customers that were visiting those same sites at the same time would not find any ammo for sale because they did not have the special link info. Now part of me said that the special link info was technically available to anyone that knew how to find or use it, so it initially seemed to be ok, but I also realized that the vast majority of consumers would never know about that link or process so it ended up having the same outcome as "insider" sales with a select few benefitting at the expense of the majority. In the end this was the factor that swayed my opinion against the special links from being fair game, as they would allow a small group of those "in the know" to get what little ammo was available, at the expense of a much larger group (which just happens to include many parents with kids and new shooters) that just didn't find out about the trick. And then what really convinced me was when Cabelas disabled the links from working, as this would seem to be an indicator that they did not originally intend for the ammo to be sold in that manner, and are presumably working to fix that. To those that are disappointed with the special links being disabled, you should remember that Cabelas will still sell the exact same amount of ammo, they will just sell it all via the same "normal" retail method with every consumer having the same chance of finding it in stock, and that is the preferred way in my books. And just for the record, I only purchased 1 brick of ammo from Cabelas when I found a special link on Slickdeals about a week before this TGO thread was ever started, and I did not realize that it was a special shopping cart trick at the time. I have just recently received that ammo and am giving 60% of it away for free on this forum, with the other 40% going to two of my teenage shooters (for free) for their NRA Marksmanship training this spring.

This is just my $0.02 worth. I am certain everyone here will have their own opinions, many different than mine and that is awesome. I am not trying to convince anyone, just sharing my perspective and thought process. To each his own, and please don't hate on your fellow TGO members even if they have a different opinion than you. This is a very cool forum which is better than most - let's keep it that way. :up:

• Like 2
While I'm taking heat over this and it's so far remaining a civil thread.... I'm playing devils advocate a bit I guess. I have used the link to purchase ammo on cabelas. I changed my opinion on the link last month. When I played around with link and realized that I could buy ammo from the link but if I went to their sight in another tab... No ammo in stock. That's when I realized the link was a cheating deal. I actually searched a few ways to try to buy this on the site, then used the link 5 minutes later and it worked. I felt like a Walmart camper that was buying ammo that ordinary people were trying to get the legitimate way. The legit way being a potential shopper on the site. Not using a back door link on gun forums. Do you guys not think that these resellers were using the links too???? If I'm so wrong, then why did Cabelas shut it down? I'm all for getting ammo like the rest of us... But this wasn't right.
Guest semiautots

Advantage is only good for those with it. 

Perhaps this is why folks are hoarding .22, so that this "game" will be less important the next time around.

...I changed my opinion on the link last month. When I played around with link and realized that I could buy ammo from the link but if I went to their sight in another tab... No ammo in stock. That's when I realized the link was a cheating deal...I felt like a Walmart camper that was buying ammo that ordinary people were trying to get the legitimate way...

Oh, I get it now...it's all about YOU! Your feelings, your opinion and your way or the highway. As long as you're happy that's all that matters. Sadly, your attitude seems to be becoming more and more prevalent in today's society. I don't for a second doubt your motivations or intentions but as they say "the road to hell is paved with good intentions".

I'm sure that many folks may agree with you while just as many folks will agree with me. The difference between us is that I welcome the differing opinions, relish the debate and understand that both points of view may have merit. You on the other hand seem to look no farther than the tip of your own nose. In your world you know what's best for everyone and clearly draw some sense of accomplishment from your ability to impose your view on everyone else. If that's how you choose to roll then by all means have at it...after all, it's just different strokes for different folks.

Oh well, thankfully we're only talking about 22LR ammo. In all probability, regardless of whether or not we all have access to a Cabela's web link, the world will continue to spin and the sun will rise tomorrow . No hard feelings here...life's to short. Who knows, maybe we'll even cross paths one day and sling a bit of 22LR down range. Problem is, you'll have to bring the 22LR ammo because now I just can't find any!

PS Thanks to the OP for trying to help out his fellow TGOers. Unfortunately, as is often the case, such efforts oft times take an unexpected left turn.
  • Like 1
I don't understand all this bitching. Cabals took the option down regardless of people's opinion on the matter. They knew what was going on long before this thread started. They chose to stop it. It's like 6th grade girls in here sometimes. Edited by Lumber_Jack
  • Like 1
[quote name="serbu50" post="1128803" timestamp="1395592034"]Are you a reseller ?[/quote] Why do you ask? Just because I disagree with you it is your assumption that I must therefore be part of the "Evil Reselling Empire"? In answer to your question, no I am not a reseller. In fact, I have never sold so much as 1 single round of any type of ammunition in my entire life. In any event, like I said in a previous post, this is not life and death. Lets just agree to disagree. I think you stuck your nose in where it didn't belong and then took steps to insure that your views were imposed on everyone else. You feel I was scamming the system because I was part of an evil cabal that was using some diabolical back door inventory search to steal all the available 22LR ammo from the children of the world. It's black and white with little to no gray area. You see it your way and I see it mine and all the discussion in the world is not going to change either of our viewpoints. What's done is done.
Hahaha!!! When conversations get to this point in face-to-face settings with a group of people, I usally burst into song, doing my best Elton John impression singing "and CAAAAANNNN you feeeeeellll.... th' LLOOOOOVVVVVeeee toniiiight...." to break the tension in the air. Wish there was an emoticon for that right now!