Gas prices

RC3

Are on a rise again, is this due in turn for the recent weather? US oil production is for the past five years and gas keeps on climbing. When do you think we can expect the prices to go down again? Seems not too long ago gas somehow got down to $2.70 and now its close to $3.50.

That's one of my biggest complaints against our dear leader.  At least BGW and Clinton tapped into the oil reserve on occasion to help stabilize gas prices. Does a whole lot more to help us commoners than raising the min wage...

Heck if the butt head in the White house would have signed on for the Keystone Pipeline it would have been more that half completed by now but instead he postponed it for another 2000 days a last report. Another fine part of his BAD legacy down the tubes............ :rant: :rant:

Same ole through the years, panic up to $3, settles back down $2, panic to $4, settles to $3, etc.

Of course it will be $5 standard at some point. Very analogous to ammo, just not as volatile. Pretty sure I don't know of anything that stays same price or less over time, eh?

- OS

• Like 1

Summer gas blend, no doubt.

They have got so many excuses for gas prices I think they pay people to lay awake at night thinking up new ones. How many people here remember the Oil Embargo that never happened but it was well sold to the American people that is was OPECS fault. OPEC only did what the American oil Companies asked them to do and that was cut back production because the American oil Companies were preparing to cut back on their purchased amounts. OPEC announced they were cutting back but never said why so everyone blamed OPEC................ :squint: :squint:

Pricing on electricity started rising last fall. I know it was cold, but my bills were 30% higher. The per kilowatt price was increased, and the buying of "green power" from sources outside the TVA system added to the increases.

Do You Guys Really Think That The Corporations Care What You Pay FOR GAS? IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WHO IS IN OFFICE OR THE KEYSTONE PIPELINE. FUEL PRICES WILL NEVER BE LOW AGAIN, BECAUSE JUST LIKE GUN AND AMMO PRICES, THE AMERICAN PUBLIC HAS SHOWN THAT IT CAN ABSORB CONSTANT MINIMAL INCREASES EVEN WHILE WE COMPLAIN ABOUT SAID INCREASES. USING THE STRATEGIC RESERVES IS JUST AN ELECTION YEAR PACIFIER. JMO
  • Like 3
Once the evil coal fired plants are extinguished it will skyrocket and will probably be rationed, hence smart meters. The economy is doing great (in govs view) since we don't count energy and food as economic indicators anymore(Clinton).
With the repeal of the glass/steagal act,(Clinton) we have lost the tool to keep the market from running amuck. Volatile fer sure.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glass–Steagall_Act
Guest semiautots

Great. Why mess up something easy and simple. Before long, I bet we will go back to candles.

And don't forget the EPA says you can't use an unapproved wood stove to heat your house.  You can't use more than 3.5 gallons per flush, and the courts have said you have to connect to the grid.

Dependency.  Coming to a town near you soon.

Whoever thinks domestic oil production will lower prices is living in la la land.

Yep. Only way it gets cheaper here is if it also gets cheaper on world market.

We are actually a significant exporter of various oil and refined fuels. We also are expected to be a net exporter of natural gas before long, too.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 1

I really liked after the price of gas went up high the first time and everyone was complaining about all the money the oil companies were making. The oil companies would run commercials about how they were using all the recent huge profits to research ways to conserve fuel and for alternative sources.

• Like 1

I drive a lot due to work, and every time I fill up, I try to be as conscious about gas as possible since my average drive to work and back is 74 miles and sometimes over a 110 miles both ways. I wanted to celebrate not too long ago that gas was less then $3, but out of the blue is almost $3.50. I didnt hear or read anything about refineries being shut down or oil being cut off due to conflicts in the opec belt. And correct me if I am mistaken, we do not import oil from Russia, so the Ukrane debacle should not affect us. Oh, and I also read a while back that they might try and start taxing us on miles, and that is complete bullshit. 100% pure grade a USDA inspected BULLSHIT!

Edited by RC3

I drive a lot due to work, and every time I fill up, I try to be as conscious about gas as possible since my average drive to work and back is 74 miles and sometimes over a 110 miles both ways. I wanted to celebrate not too long ago that gas was less then $3, but out of the blue is almost $3.50. I didnt hear or read anything about refineries being shut down or oil being cut off due to conflicts in the opec belt. And correct me if I am mistaken, we do not import oil from Russia, so the Ukrane debacle should not affect us. Oh, and I also read a while back that they might try and start taxing us on miles, and that is complete bull####. 100% pure grade a USDA inspected BULL####!

I drive a lot due to work, and every time I fill up, I try to be as conscious about gas as possible since my average drive to work and back is 74 miles and sometimes over a 110 miles both ways. I wanted to celebrate not too long ago that gas was less then $3, but out of the blue is almost $3.50. I didnt hear or read anything about refineries being shut down or oil being cut off due to conflicts in the opec belt. And correct me if I am mistaken, we do not import oil from Russia, so the Ukrane debacle should not affect us. Oh, and I also read a while back that they might try and start taxing us on miles, and that is complete bull####. 100% pure grade a USDA inspected BULL####!

OH!!!!  You mean the USDA is still operating?  Have not heard anything about them in so long I thought they closed up shop....... :stunned: :stunned:

I'm happy to pay higher gas prices if it means there's fewer idiots on the roads.

High price of skag doesn't keep it out of idiots' veins, or gas out of their tanks. Seems to me it's more reasonable people who drive less by combining errands into single trips, carpooling, or even (shudder) taking public trans.

- OS

• Like 1

I'm happy to pay higher gas prices if it means there's fewer idiots on the roads.

Last time I checked, they are multiplying faster than we can adapt ourselves. I have to avoid a collision around once a week. So higher gas prices is not keeping them at bay.

Having 5 million bad gallons out there isn't doing much good either.

http://theadvocate.com/news/business/8745898-123/40-or-50-cases-of

More than 5 million gallons of gasoline shipped from the ExxonMobil Baton Rouge terminal in mid-March was tainted by something that is causing the intake and valve systems of vehicles to gum up, Louisiana’s commissioner of agriculture and forestry said Thursday.

Commissioner Mike Strain said he’s been speaking “almost every hour” with Exxon officials since late Wednesday about the bad fuel. The problem is contained to two batches of gasoline shipped between March 12 and March 15. The two batches had a total of 120,000 barrels of gasoline. Edited by OH UNCLE PAUL