Parking spot for prom night in Murfreesboro?

Don't over think this. Hide in plain site... Aka the walmart parking lot and go inside for an hour or so. The windows are tinted and parking it on the outer edge of the lot wouldn't draw unneeded attention. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  • Like 1
Brief update: turns out that the girl is already 18. Spoke with both sets of parents to let them agree on ground rules. So far they prefer letting the kids have alone time in the vehicle to seeing them run off to a wild after-prom party or hotel room like many other kids do. And this young man is a true gentleman so we are sure he'll behave honorably.
I rented a hotel room for the "after events" of my senior prom and we each told our parents we were going to a chaperoned after party and sleeping there. Our parents weren't stupid, but ya gotta give them the benefit of plausible deniability. It would be kinda weird to have dad parking us. Don't know if I would be able to- BOOBS! Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 6
And you can bet that the Walmart lot is completely out, LOL... Call me old fashioned but if these kids want to be alone it will be somewhere scenic, quiet, and safe. I'll probably stand guard (well armed) about 500 yards away, doing my best to make my chauffeur outfit blend into the local terrain... I wonder if they make camo suits with mossy oak bow ties? :D
  • Like 1

from myself and most anyone who is a father I find this thread in very poor taste.

If I was the girls father and saw this thread I'd be looking to have a talk with you.

As the father of 3 little girls, I couldn't agree more. If kids get themselves into situations by themselves its bad enough, but to have an adult looking to facilitate the situation, well that I have a real problem with. 

They maybe 18, but they are still high school kids.  Just b/c something is legal, doesn't mean its appropriate. 

• Like 4

They maybe 18, but they are still high school kids. Just b/c something is legal, doesn't mean its appropriate.

I would imagine if something illegal did happen, ie one of the boys goes to far or one of the girls decides later that he went to far, that whatever adult that took them to a secluded spot could be held accountable as well. But, I'm not a lawyer or a father; this thread just has a creepy old man vibe to it.

Sent from the blue lagoon.
  • Like 1
I appreciate all the helpful comments and concerns.

I realize this a sensitive subject, especially for any parents, and most of all for any fathers with young daughters which always fear the worst and tend to be overly protective (sometimes to the point of doing more harm than good). To fairly gauge the nature of this specific situation you would need to know all of the factors including the young couple, their families, their history, and the detailed plans for the night in question. It is not appropriate to share those details in a public forum, and thus I will not do so or attempt to further the debate.

I did not start this thread to get opinions on the morality of teenagers dating, "making out", or being alone after prom. This thread was only started to get a few ideas of scenic, romantic, and safe locations in the Murfreesboro area. That objective has been achieved, thus I will close this thread before it continues to spiral off into an unnecessary debate. Rest assured that both sets of parents have been consulted and have full control over the situation, and they are fully supportive of the plan that has emerged for the evening.

I cannot imagine any girl's father being OK with this and if they are then they have issues themselves. I bet it isn't ok if the boy drove up to the house and told the girl's father "I am taking your daughter to a secluded place for some alone time" but now it is ok because the boy isn't the one driving?

Curious, who is renting the limo? The boy or the girl?

I know if I had a girl and anyone mentioned taking her for some "alone time" I would probably loose it.

• Like 5