Open Carry TX strikes again

[quote name="TNIIIer" post="1153933" timestamp="1401550499"]IMO If you have a problem with these guys carrying long guns, that makes you no different than the ppl who have a problem with us carrying handguns. Would I carry my AR to Applebee's? No. That's just me. Instead of just the anti-gunners on their ass, now they have "pro-gun" ppl talkin $h*t about em.[/quote] That's like wearing a vulgar shirt and claiming that if you have a problem with it you hate free speech. Folks like you who think in absolutes and people like this who are gun attention whores are the problem. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Guest TNIIIer
[quote name="Mike.357" post="1153935" timestamp="1401552008"]

I carry a handgun, it is safely holstered. If I carry an AK what do I do with it while I eat?
Single point sling, hanging to the side! Should be out of the way. Look, I'm not saying its a good idea, its not, but with the pro-gunners turning on ppl like these dudes, the lefties are rubbing there lil creepy hands thinking they are getting the upper hand...
Guest TNIIIer

That's like wearing a vulgar shirt and claiming that if you have a problem with it you hate free speech. Folks like you who think in absolutes and people like this who are gun attention whores are the problem.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm the problem!??? lol No sir, ppl that think like that are the problem. So if it makes you uncomfortable, they shouldn't do it? Correct?

[quote name="Mike.357" post="1153935" timestamp="1401552008"]

I carry a handgun, it is safely holstered. If I carry an AK what do I do with it while I eat?
Single point sling, hanging to the side! Should be out of the way. Look, I'm not saying its a good idea, its not, but with the pro-gunners turning on ppl like these dudes, the lefties are rubbing there lil creepy hands thinking they are getting the upper hand...

These ignorant douchebags are doing the anti's job for them.  They are getting places posted or causing a national scene which in turn brings heat on businesses to take a stand.  Anti's just have to sit back and watch supposedly pro-2A folks dig a deeper hole  for everyone who wants to enjoy what little rights we actually have.

Why is that so hard to understand?

• Like 3
[quote name="TNIIIer" post="1154010" timestamp="1401572195"]I'm the problem!??? lol No sir, ppl that think like that are the problem. So if it makes you uncomfortable, they shouldn't do it? Correct?[/quote] Yes, you are the problem. Welcome to TGO, by the way. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey, they make a big enough stink out there, Texas might simply ban public carry of long guns. I mean they already ban open carry of handguns, permit or not. They have other restrictive laws similar to TN's also. Neither T is nearly the bastion of gun freedom that many folks assume.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 5

Hey, they make a big enough stink out there, Texas might simply ban public carry of long guns. I mean they already ban open carry of handguns, permit or not. They have other restrictive laws similar to TN's also. Neither T is nearly the bastion of gun freedom that many folks assume.

- OS

This. We can argue 'til the cows come home about open this, rifle that, safe handling, he's a douche, no he's exercising his rights, whatever. In the end, politicians make the laws and they do what the voters and businesses in their districts tell them to do. Stuff like what these guys are doing serves no meaningful purpose to advance our cause in the law books. It can do one thing and one thing only, stir the pot enough to make those voters and businesses complain to their representatives to pass laws restricting it.

Doing something legal but unwanted around people who can influence the law is a good way to get that behavior made illegal.

• Like 3
These guys are winning the hearts and minds of the public alright...for the other side. When I watch videos like this, all I can think about is their effect on public opinion. These guys are pro-2A equivalent of the toothless, illiterate redneck in the trailer park that the news cameras look for after every tornado. Sadly, the majority of people are more than willing to believe they are the selected spokesmen of the gun-loving crowd.
Guest Lowbuster
I am sorry but if I see 3 men walk in where my family is eating carrying rifles, I guarantee mine won't be the only hand on a pistol. Who needs to eat at chilis with a long gun? These actions give good people a bad rep.
[quote name="Lowbuster" post="1154200" timestamp="1401605822"]I am sorry but if I see 3 men walk in where my family is eating carrying rifles, I guarantee mine won't be the only hand on a pistol. Who needs to eat at chilis with a long gun? These actions give good people a bad rep.[/quote] Yeah, I will never understand how these people don't get how they are perceived. I would immediately consider them a threat due to context. Also, folks should realize that no one has ever, ever come over to our side after seeing a gun wielding moron. It only strengthens their negative impression of gun owners. The only way to bring folks to our side is to reject people who act like idiots. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These people are doing harm to the very cause they claim to support.

The people who are doing this are not carrying for the protection of life (theirs or others); they aren't carrying to demonstrate their right to bear arms; they are carrying to make a political statement and/or for for the "thrill" (or just to be assholes).

It's easy to strap on a pistol or carry an AR or AK in public to allegedly make a "statement"...it's damn HARD to do the real work of changing the laws and changing the attitudes of people who already have an irrational fear of firearms and those who carry them. And frankly, if I owned a restaurant and a group of asshats like this tried to do their protest at my restaurant I'd post my restaurant/business off limits to firearms too...these businesses are in business to make a profit; not to serve as a location for idiots to make political points (regardless of the political point they are trying to make).

People who want to quietly carry a handgun for protection are being lumped in with these clowns.  If these clowns have not figured it out yet, then they need to learn that the media generally hates guns and will do anything to make guns look bad to the general public.  These guys are playing right into that media game and are being used to make guns and those of us carry look bad.

• 3 weeks later...

Sometimes, demonstrations in general  have the opposite affect than what the demonstrators wanted. Unfortunately, I feel these demonstrators may have done the same thing for our pro gun stance that the "Gay Pride Parades" are doing for the homosexuals! I feel that the many issues these protesters presented...gun safety...scaring the patrons...being perceived as arrogant, irresponsible, imbeciles... and "just in your face" tactics, probably turns people against us responsible Second Amendment supporters. As stated earlier, we have the right to do a lot of things that wouldn't be advisable to do in public. Common sense and discernment is the best policy. We need all of the good press we can get...and it only takes one incident like this, to wipe out numerous positive incidents of press coverage. Like someone said, we don't even trust each other with a live round in the chamber...and we're to feel safe with a bunch of buffoons waving AKs, ARs and other long guns around in a public place? Whether they are "plants" to give us a negative persona...bad image, or truly intend to help our cause for the Second Amendment, they are causing harm to us, politically, and in the eyes of the public and business owners.

• Like 1