Support your local gun shops!

On that very topic; has anyone visited the Green Dragon in Fairview?  No it's not Chinese takeout!  Appears to be classic small-town Firearms Emporium.  But the hours look a bit restrictive.  5 -8 PM Mon-Thurs. 6-9 on Fri. and I couldn't see Sat hrs due to storm-door.

Fear of losing lgs marketing does not work on me.  I am immune!  I am willing to gamble that a few lgs will be around for some time, and if they choose to close because of their own price marketing choices, then they probably did not run a sound business to begin with!  I am willing to bet another lgs or a dude with a FFL will pop up somewhere if they close!  Anyway I probably don't fit their targeted market anyway.  I know how to find deals, and I know when & how to walk like always do!      Patience and due diligence goes along way.

I support the LGS that support me. Just got back from G&L with my dad. He bought a shield and when we got it home it was not working correctly. Slide won't open all the way and can't be taken down and won't go far back enough to ring a round into battery.

Called G&L and they said being it back in. I feel confident that by the time we leave it will be with a functioning weapon. :up: There are a few places I'm fine spending a few more dollars. A *good* LGS is one of those.
  • Like 2

Here's a plug for Harvey's Pistol and Pawn in Knoxville.

THE place for transfers, $15. Also, they are registered FFL with Bud's and some other online venues so that makes it zero hassle. Family biz, and Harvey is very personable feller too. Open 6 days a week till six.

- OS

My closest guy is H&H, he's been there 35 years so I try to do my part.

Since this is the topic, I've come across some shops that don't want loaded firearms with you, I am offended when I'm carrying because it puts me in a position to unload before I go in. When I'm on a bike it is quite the sight plus the risk factor of handling rounds. Thoughts?

My closest guy is H&H, he's been there 35 years so I try to do my part.
Since this is the topic, I've come across some shops that don't want loaded firearms with you, I am offended when I'm carrying because it puts me in a position to unload before I go in. When I'm on a bike it is quite the sight plus the risk factor of handling rounds. Thoughts?

If they don't want my loaded and holstered firearm they don't want my money. Simple as that!
  • Like 1

I support the LGS that support me. Just got back from G&L with my dad. He bought a shield and when we got it home it was not working correctly. Slide won't open all the way and can't be taken down and won't go far back enough to ring a round into battery.
Called G&L and they said being it back in. I feel confident that by the time we leave it will be with a functioning weapon. :up: There are a few places I'm fine spending a few more dollars. A *good* LGS is one of those.

Well just left G&L. Should go without saying but I'll say it anyway, the crew over there is top notch all the way. Shield is up and running and shoots really well. Very pleased.
  • Like 2
[quote name="Runco" post="1161205" timestamp="1403377108"]Fear of losing lgs marketing does not work on me. I am immune! I am willing to gamble that a few lgs will be around for some time, and if they choose to close because of their own price marketing choices, then they probably did not run a sound business to begin with! I am willing to bet another lgs or a dude with a FFL will pop up somewhere if they close! Anyway I probably don't fit their targeted market anyway. I know how to find deals, and I know when & how to walk like always do! Patience and due diligence goes along way.[/quote] Love guys like you. Don't want service until you have a problem and then get offended she the suggestion is made to take it to where you bought it. Oh wait you bought it from online joes back garage drop shipment service . Com and he won't respond to your emails? How that $20 savings helping now.... I buy from my LGS regularly. If I find an online price cheaper I ask the owner what he can do. He has always accommodated me. It may not be a straight match but has always been close enough. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  • Like 2

Love guys like you. Don't want service until you have a problem and then get offended she the suggestion is made to take it to where you bought it. Oh wait you bought it from online joes back garage drop shipment service . Com and he won't respond to your emails? How that $20 savings helping now.... I buy from my LGS regularly. If I find an online price cheaper I ask the owner what he can do. He has always accommodated me. It may not be a straight match but has always been close enough. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks for the love.  Still waiting for the 1st time to have someone to fix something for me gun related!  Service, I place no value on service, from guns, cars, to appliances, and etc.  I have a tool box, work bench, and I am mechanically inclined!  Psst....I have been an avid gun collector for over 30 years and have a good little collection going!  So the various types of guns that I have and ammo that I have shot, either I have been lucky or I just might know a thing or two.  I love my money too much to give it away!  

[quote name="Runco" post="1161295" timestamp="1403393711"]Thanks for the love. Still waiting for the [u][b]1st time[/b][/u] to have someone to fix something for me gun related! Service, I place no value on service, from guns, cars, to appliances, and etc. I have a tool box, work bench, and I am mechanically inclined! Psst....I have been an avid gun collector for over 30 years and have a good little collection going! So the various types of guns that I have and ammo that I have shot, either I have been lucky or I just might know a thing or two. I love my money too much to give it away! [/quote] Service as in having someone to answer questions or help locate something for you, as well as after the sale. I'm not saying give your money away, I'm saying give the store a chance to match price or get close. I would rather spend an extra $20 with my local guy and help support his family than some anonymous website that won't be much help if I do need warranty work done. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  • Like 1

Service as in having someone to answer questions or help locate something for you, as well as after the sale. I'm not saying give your money away, I'm saying give the store a chance to match price or get close. I would rather spend an extra $20 with my local guy and help support his family than some anonymous website that won't be much help if I do need warranty work done. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I would rather take that $20 and place it in a fund for the next gun purchase.  Service is over rated, and internet is your friend.

This thread is then not for you Runco.  You won't understand it so please refrain.  This was a request to generate a relationship with our local guys so that we both might prosper and keep the ability to wander in on a Sunday and not only pick up your transfer but some targets, a bottle of Hoppes and converse about that next purchase with a human being.  I just bought a bunch of parts off ebay for a build.  But I also went to my LGS to get sights, targets, ammo rather than save the sales tax.  I like having them around.  Again, we got what you have to say, I used to watch a boss haggle at walmart for plastic office plants.....gotta save that cash.  I've seen you all.  Thanks

Finding internet deals 30 years ago.  I'm not gonna fight that kinda of dedication to saving 8%

I have serious passion to find the best deal, probably border line mental (seriously).  I refuse to be beat.  $8 on the $100 is a win for me. 

I have serious passion to find the best deal, probably border line mental (seriously).  I refuse to be beat.  $8 on the $100 is a win for me. 

You sound like my father. Nothing like driving around town with him looking for a gas station that's a penny cheaper than the rest. :shake:

I guess I value my time and sanity more than a dollar.

• Like 4

This thread is then not for you Runco.  You won't understand it so please refrain.  This was a request to generate a relationship with our local guys so that we both might prosper and keep the ability to wander in on a Sunday and not only pick up your transfer but some targets, a bottle of Hoppes and converse about that next purchase with a human being.  I just bought a bunch of parts off ebay for a build.  But I also went to my LGS to get sights, targets, ammo rather than save the sales tax.  I like having them around.  Again, we got what you have to say, I used to watch a boss haggle at walmart for plastic office plants.....gotta save that cash.  I've seen you all.  Thanks

We agree!  I think I made my point as well.   But I do understand the thread and its purpose!  I like to stir every now and then!  :rofl: :stir:

You sound like my father. Nothing like driving around town with him looking for a gas station that's a penny cheaper than the rest. :shake:

I guess I value my time and sanity more than a dollar.

I bet your father has a little extra spending money, doesn't he?